The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

ABC (ended 1991)

JordanWelch

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Fan Reviews (36)

• When it comes to this show, Pooh never grows old for us fans.

What to say? This is an outstanding achievement for Disney Channel. I grew up on this show, watching the many video releases that they made of the show. It has failed to grow old since then.

This show follows the daily adventures of Pooh and his friends. Even some characters exclusive to the show appear, some of which include Heff and Stan, two heffalumps who are always after the Hundred Acre Wood's supply of honey.

It is a rare occaision for there to be an episode which I don't like. The only two that I think are really bad are "Gone With the Wind" and "To Bee or Not to Bee," but other than that, almost every other episode is a true classic to me.

Take Cleanliness is Next to Impossible, my favorite episode, for instance. Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Christopher Robin all get pulled under Christopher Robin's bed and end up in a demension where all of the things that were ever under the bed can be found. This place is ruled by none other than the evil Crud.

This show also has it's fair share of songs, although they can be rare as the show progresses. Songs, however, are very prominent durring the first season. All of these, I must say, are quite catchy and enjoyable.

The cuteness in the show also matches that of what you'd see in an A.A Milne story of Winnie the Pooh. This show, to be honest, is the most faithful to the books than any other.

All in all, this is a very excellent show. The whole overall show just shows you how awesome Disney used to be. It can entertain just about anyone, regardless of age.

Final show grade: A