The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

ABC (ended 1991)

JordanWelch

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Fan Reviews (36)

• I laughed...I cried...my heart would swell.

I am not going to lie. I love love LOVE Winnie the Pooh. And this show was one of the best "Winnie the Pooh" shows that has ever been on the air.

This show was great because the characters dealt with seemingly light subjects that were actually really deep and meaningful. Everything from friendship, accepting those who were different, never giving up, being yourself, the importance of cleaning your room (^_^)...the list goes on and on.

The characters are amazing, in my opinion: Pooh, the scatterbrained but lovable main character; Piglet, the timid but well-meaning best friend; Tigger, the energetic and helpful-in-his-own-way individual; Rabbit, hard-working and willing to help his friends at the end of the day; Eeyore, the depressed but wise sage-like character...I love them all. Even the characters that were made specifically for the show. Somehow, it just worked.

This was one of those rare shows that was able to make me laugh, bring me to tears, and tug at my heartstrings...sometimes all in one episode. In short, it needs to be brought back on. Any young child (or old fan) would LOVE this show.