The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

ABC (ended 1991)

JordanWelch

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Fan Reviews (36)

• It's one of those rare children's shows that you can love as a kid and an adult.

Let me just say that most shows based off a movie usually have the characters out of character, and it's nowhere near as good as the movie. Normally, I hate shows based off a film. But I'm not going to lie. I love, yes love, the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, maybe even more than the movie. Some people say it's childish to like Pooh, and I've even been called a baby for it, but I don't care. Winnie the Pooh is so innocent and so fun that I can't help but adore it. It's very funny, with jokes so silly that you can't help but laugh. The jokes were always original, and had some kind of charm to them that made them absolutely hilarious. I also loved how they dealt with childlike plots in their episodes-cleaning your room, trying to cheer up a friend, being afraid of something as plain as the wind, and even something so simple as popping a friend's balloon-but were able to add their special twist to it so that the episode is funny, fun, and-in some cases-even heartbreaking enough to make you cry. I remember one episode, Find her Keep her, where I was only six and I was on the couch, crying my eyes out. When my parents came down and saw I was crying, they asked what was wrong, and I said, "Nothing." "Stripes" also put tears into my eyes during the song Tigger sang. If a kids' show can make you cry, you know that it's good! The one special thing that I really appreciate about the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is that they really look through the eyes of its targeted audience-which is mostly for preschoolers-and write the episodes based on how they view the world, not how adults THINK kids view the world. In short, Pooh Bear will be one kid series that I loved when I was young, and will probably still love until I die.