The New Ghostwriter Mysteries

CBS (ended 1997)

The New Ghostwriter Mysteries Fan Reviews (3)

6.9
  • A great mystery show for kids.

A great mystery show for kids. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. Hard to find, but worth the effort.
  • Just like it's predasecor this is a show about a ghost and a group of kids trying to solve a mystry but it lacks a lot of the magic that made the original ghostwritter so great!

5.3
    This was a show about a Ghost and a group of kids. It was an ok show, however when comparred to the original it ends up disapointing. What I liked about the original was finding out Ghostwritters past and this show takes a huge step back as a new group of kids encounter ghost writter leading to the viewer to have to watch them figure out who he is all over agian. Not only that but it leaves you to wonder what happened to the orginal group as one would know ghostwritter wouldn't just up and leave them and I doubt the kids would out grow himr or anything. I guess in the end the only reason I don't like this show is because it just reminds me that they never failed to wrap up the origianl series and because it was way to short I was used to 4 part mystrys. In the end it would have been better if they just had contunued the old show.
  • Good