The New Normal Forums

NBC (ended 2013)

I love it!!

takahimara

[1]Aug 30, 2012
    • level: 3

Actually I loved it so much that I decided to open an account here just to give big thumbs up!

The characters clicked with me immediately, really great casting.

And the way things are developing - just adorable.

Can't wait for the next episode

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Junie58

[2]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree, I loved it, it is one of the funniest shows I've watched in a long time.

dpneale

[3]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 4

Either he was watching a different show or he works on or knows somebody who works on this turkey of a show.

takahimara

[4]Sep 25, 2012

dpneale wrote:

Either he was watching a different show or he works on or knows somebody who works on this turkey of a show.

wtf? I really love the show, it's really sweet!

Edited on 09/25/2012 6:06pm

djboy77

[5]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 7

I really enjoyed it. Heaps of laughs and the dialogue zings thick and fast in typical Murphy style.

"I want us to have baby clothes. And a baby to wear them."

"Sweetie, you know you can't return a baby to Barney's."

"This place is like shabby-chic... without all that pesky chic."

"Red hair? Can we do that test now?

"Half giraffe, half drag queen, honey."

"I love you. Now go make me macaroni and cheese so we can get started on my foot-rub."

"This week, we are going out just like we used to. [...] Before we fully morph into an old lesbian couple. Minus the frowns and the gingerbread men bodies."

Edited on 09/29/2012 12:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

SweetMissJaye

[6]Oct 2, 2012
    • level: 21

I wasn't crazy about the first episode but I guess the show just took time to grow on me. It's one of my favorite shows now. It's original, it's funny and just plain cute. And I love the little girl who plays Shania. She is so adorable.

BigRed2012

[9]Dec 9, 2012

I guess you enjoy stereotypical one liners.

Abstract954

[10]Dec 9, 2012

It's not a bad show. I think it has potential.

Edie70

[11]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 19
    Abstract954 wrote:

It's not a bad show. I think it has potential.

It does. I love watching it, some of the episodes were really hysterical. Especially when Nana throws a couple of smartass quotes around, I enjoyed the episode where she was sleeping with the fat guy from her hotel and the one where she joined Twitter

takahimara

[12]Mar 11, 2013

Well, since we're now late in a season, I can say a few things I've come to feel about this series;

At the beginning it seemed adorable and I was enthusiastic about it, but as it progressed a couple of issues came to front.

For a start, the series is continualy "oscillating" between a witty humour on one side, and a sugar desease on the other.

Some episodes were unbearable, like the Thanksgiving one and the latest, Haloween one. I almost got diabetes from watching those through.

Secondly, the acting. Well, most of the casting does a fairly decent job, with the exception of the little girl (sorry to say) and her "characterful" biological father;

at the beggining her acting was sweet and adorable, but as the show progressed it became painfully apparent that she appears to have got stuck at a certain "pitch" and now she sounds like she's reciting a poem the whole time, and that can be really irritating to a point where she looks and feels really preachy and fake. Yep, it think that should be adressed by the director in some way.

her dad, on the other hand, is quite a case too; I can't figure out if that "half-retarded" overlay he has on top of his "acting" is acted out (for the purpose of the role) or if the guy is really like that? I mean - what's that, really?

In conclusion, the series remains entertaining, but there's still plenty of room for improvement, that's for sure.

Edited on 03/11/2013 1:22pm

modernfamily120

[13]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 20

takahimara wrote:

Well, since we're now late in a season, I can say a few things I've come to feel about this series;

At the beginning it seemed adorable and I was enthusiastic about it, but as it progressed a couple of issues came to front.

For a start, the series is continualy "oscillating" between a witty humour on one side, and a sugar desease on the other.

Some episodes were unbearable, like the Thanksgiving one and the latest, Haloween one. I almost got diabetes from watching those through.

Secondly, the acting. Well, most of the casting does a fairly decent job, with the exception of the little girl (sorry to say) and her "characterful" biological father;

at the beggining her acting was sweet and adorable, but as the show progressed it became painfully apparent that she appears to have got stuck at a certain "pitch" and now she sounds like she's reciting a poem the whole time, and that can be really irritating to a point where she looks and feels really preachy and fake. Yep, it think that should be adressed by the director in some way.

her dad, on the other hand, is quite a case too; I can't figure out if that "half-retarded" overlay he has on top of his "acting" is acted out (for the purpose of the role) or if the guy is really like that? I mean - what's that, really?

In conclusion, the series remains entertaining, but there's still plenty of room for improvement, that's for sure.

I agree, except I did love the Halloween episode. This show started out really strong, and by the end of the season I have almost given up on it. Both this show and Go On weren't as good January-February, but then Go On came back in March, while this show did not. The only episodes I have enjoyed in the last couple of months are the Halloween one and the season finale.