The New Normal

Sofa's Choice

Aired Tuesday 9:30 PM Sep 11, 2012 on NBC

7.1
  • Not a good show!

The shows does not lay the ground work for you to care about the characters. The writers missed the mark.
  • Still Great

A witty and charming episode. Nothing major occurred, but the character development went well and had me looking forward to the next episode.
  • Still bad

Even if you forget about your morality for the sake of enjoying this series, still no good. Everything felt forced and "scripted."

The acting is over the top and unnatural.

Just not good, really.
  • Spare Cash, Free Time and Daylight Masturbation

This was a great follow up, and added some serious character building to each of the characters, except for Nene, who had some genuinely funny lines that I didn't hear until I re-watched the episode on hulu with the closed captions on, Nene needs to work on her delivery and her comic timing.

Other than that, I loved it. I loved learning how Bryan and David met. I thought Shania's Grey Gardens impersonation was hysterical and impeccable! Nana and Clay got devious and I'm not sure how I feel about them right now, but Goldie showed us what she truly made of. And my favorite moment of all, This perfectly abnormal family is about to get a little bigger! I can't see what they have in store for us nest.
  • What happened?

I LOVED the Pilot episode of this show. What happened with this episode?

We seem to have one gay man and one straight man as a gay couple.

Shania changed from a hilarious little girl to a freak.

Rocky's personality still hasn't been established.

I SERIOUSLY hope this gets better.