The New Scooby-Doo Movies

CBS (ended 1974)

TVvuer69

The New Scooby-Doo Movies Fan Reviews (6)

7.7
  • The old Scooby was better.

Seriously. The old Scooby was WAY better than this. Every time this show came on, i would change the channel, mute it, or turn off the television. This just totally killed the old Scooby & is a disgrace to it as well. I'm glad it doesnt air anymore. The old one did better in ratings than this.
  • Scooby-Doo

After the original run of Scooby-Doo Where Are You (1969-70), Hanna-Barbera continued the success of the great dane and his mystery-solving sidekicks Shaggy, Daphne, Fred, and Velma in their first spinoff series The New Scooby-Doo Movies which debuted about two years later. The formula remained the same as they investigated several mysteries, resulting in the capture and unmasking of a ghost or monster as a villain in disguise making efforts to carry out some nefarious plot. However, there were two significant differences. First, the episodes were double the length of the original series (about 45 minutes withoug commercials), and second, the gang was joined by a number of guest stars, from real life celebrities like Sonny and Cher, Jonathan Winters, and Jerry Reed, to fictional characters like the Addams Family, and even crossovers with characters from other HB series, including Josie and the P u s s y cats, Jeannie, and Speed Buggy. The majority of episodes in this series had two titles. The official titles are the ones primarily listed here at TV.com. The secondary titles are usually seen as "Scooby-Doo Meets _____________", which will be listed in episode notes. But there were exceptions for those episodes in which certain stars appeared multiple times, as the episodes featuring the Three Stooges, Batman and Robin, and the Harlem Globetrotters only had one title. Overall, this was a fun a fun and entertaining series and it was pretty cool to see Scooby and the gang interact with favorite stars from the old era. From the real life celebrities, to superheroes, and even their fellow H-B stars, the Scooby gang was always bound to have a grand adventure working alongside guest stars travelling the country and solving mysteries.
  • Boring

6.8
    I agree with the users who think the other Scooby Doo shows are better. This spin off of Scooby Doo is way too long. It's about an hour! When I watch this, I sometimes get bored, and sometimes it keeps me interested to watch. The New Scooby Doo Movies isn't a show that I would really tell to others so that they would try and watch the show. Sadly, I do not really like this spin off of the Scooby Doo series. This show is truly boring because of the show's length. If they would only make it 30 minutes, it could have been better.
  • Scooby Doo was an all time classic cartoon show and at times they included other cartoons in there adventures

This is an wonderful episode that includes cartoon character from other cartoon shows. Scooby Doo Meets Jeannie (also known as Adventure in Persia or something like that) is a very rare adventure, but one of my favorites. There are a few times they worked with other cartoons (exp Josie her musical band, Speed Buggy, etc. This one not only included Jeannie, but Baboo, Cory (Jeannie's master) and his buddy Henry. Who is a lot like Scooby's buddy Shaggy. Both big scardy cats.As noted in the episode info it was the first one not to include a villian in a mask, but a really evil villain. All in all a awesome Scooby Doo adventure.
  • A great animated show about the dog detective Scooby Doo.

A great animated show about the dog detective Scooby Doo. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. A fun time for all.
  • This show is great, I learned about all the old famous actors. It was a really funny season like all the others of Scooby-Doo.

This series was awesome, I learned a lot about old famous actors like Dick Van Dike and Don Knotts. I rented the series off netflix it was awesome. I would recommend this to all the other huge Scooby-Doo fans. This was so excellent that it is at the top of my Christmas list this year.