A The Newsroom Community
HBO (ended 2014)

In this surprise news (although it was assumed the show was renewed, the circumstances of its next airing were unclear), it's been announced Aaron Sorkin's often polarizing The Newsroom has been renewed by HBO for a third and surprisingly final season. It's clearly not a matter of ratings (the show is a ratings success which grew in viewership in its sophomore season), but of Sorkin's level of interest in producing more of the show.

I'm disappointed to hear about it being over soon as I am a big fan of the show, although I'm conscious of its faults. Unlike most people, I preferred the first season. And speaking of shows on hiatus with uncertain futures, Syfy, are you there? Remember a little town called Haven?
4 Comments
Comments (4)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dec 02, 2014
This is the closest i get to watching news! I think this series is gonna be missed greatly by a lot of people.
Flag
Jan 14, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Jan 17, 2014
Yes, that Haven
Lol, no one really has an answer for went down in that poll. Anyway, no, Haven is not even close to being close to as good as Braking Bad. They are on different scales entirely... But Haven is/was a strange favourite of mine becase 1) It's one of the few sci-fi shows left on Syfy 2) It kind of filled the gaping Fringe shaped hole in my heart and 3) I met the cast once and they were stunningly lovely people
Flag
Jan 14, 2014
I will miss this show. Very much...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members