A The Newsroom Community
HBO (ended 2014)
Comments (5)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Aug 01, 2013
It seemed it would mirror the Egypt headlines for awhile. The Kony theory is interesting, but usually in television or film a character cutting her hair follows some type of sexual assault -- a way to take back control of her life. There's room for it to be both a death and a rape, actually.
Flag
Aug 03, 2013
"...usually in television or film a character cutting her hair follows some type of sexual assault -- a way to take back control of her life." Holy smokes, is that really a thing?!!! A TV trope or generally recognized television cliche? If so, give me some data on this, because it is morbidly fascinating.
Flag
Aug 01, 2013
The bit about possibly mirroring a West Wing story arc from *after* Sorkin had left the show is fascinating.

Do you buy the theory?
Flag
Aug 03, 2013
I'm not familiar enough to discount it but the Uproxx author, Dustin Rowles, comes across as having a less than objective position on Aaron Sorkin, so I'm not willing to give it complete credibility. The language choices in the piece are inflammatory, which weakened it, IMO.
Flag
Aug 03, 2013
Yeah, in all the Sorkin-bashing of late, I really hope people don't lose sight of just how amazing The West Wing was.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members