The Newsroom

Election Night, Part II

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 15, 2013 on HBO

• Sorkin and company deliver

First of all, season one was way much better. However I loved the story arc of season 2 being balanced on the Genova incident and the way everything went through and around it. Unlike some series that drag on and on, they did justice to Will and Mac's romance much to the relief of the audience.

Like the other comments here, I am glad Maggie has been pushed to the back. I, for one just find her and her character irritating. Jim's new squeeze is way more hot and talented. Well done on that.

Hope Season 3 allows more of the team members to play pivotal roles that just being background props. Don and Sloane nailed it while the friction between Neil and Mac should be explored some dubious reasons, she hates him and lets him know of it chance she gets !

Charlie rocks as do too the mother and son duo as the owners. Interested to see the direction they are take for season 3. Keep up the good work Sorkin and company.
  • 10 episodes too few, at least!

One of the most intelligent shows on television just now has just closed after a pitiful 9 episodes.

Why, in the name of all that's Holy, does American TV produce a short run of a great show like this and then make 20+ episodes of drivel like Beauty and the Beast? I really do not understand this.

Like stuo5353 below, I'm bemused at the relationship "train wreck" of Jim and Maggie although it's tempered with Grace Gummer's turn as his "long distance" love interest.

Another amazing Meryl Streep "look alike" daughter doing a fine job.

Well pleased that Will got his head out of his butt at last and proposed to Mac. Long overdue!!!

I'm just hacked off that I've now got to wait another six months 'till series 3 comes along.

Please, pretty pleeease give the third series a decent run.
  • An intelligent and quick fire drama finished on a high!

Best drama show on TV, shame season 2 was shortened to only 9 episodes, could do with expanding to more! Only flaw in season 2 was the sudden & complete loss of the chemistry between Jim & Maggie? couldn't come to terms with this it was an odd piece of writing to suddenly switch Jims interest for Maggie completely off from the start of s2 when she breaks from don, just what he had been hoping for in most of s1??? Likewise her loss of interest in him also was strange, it appeared as if her character was changed just so the storyline of her experience in Africa could be accounted for??? Apart from this the Characters of Will, MacKenzie & Charlie were outstanding in all areas of drama & professionalism with a fair slice of humour thrown in. While the characters of Neal, Don & Sloan all provided for equally impressive performances along with the cameo from Jane Fonda & her slimy son Reese!!!

Can't wait for season 3!
  • such a boring drama

At first i felt very excited by this show as I have been waiting for a new show to be as interesting as the West Wing.

But as it keeps running, my attraction for Newsroom is fading...

the whole thing about Maggie's hair, that has lasted for almost 6-7 episodes now, is very boring. She really looks ***ed and her character is definitely killing the show