The Newsroom Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Liberal bias is becoming blatant in 'The Greater Fool'

sleeper1428

[1]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 3

The Liberal bias of the writers and producers of this show is becoming so blatant that it's almost laughable. First off, the aged Dorothy Cooper who will supposedly be denied the right to vote by the introduction of a requirement for proper identification before an individual will be allowed to cast their vote can easily obtain a government issued identification card for a minimal charge and if she cannot afford this charge, the government will issue that identification without cost. This fact was omitted completely, leaving the impression that Ms. Cooper would not be allowed to vote which, of course, is a complete and total LIE!!!! The only reason Ms. Cooper will not be allowed to vote is if she elects to refuse to obtain a proper identification document. The second instance of blatant Liberal bias was in the chart that supposedly showed that George Bush took more vacation time than the Obamination, a statement that once again is a complete LIE. As most reasonable well informed people know, George Bush's Texas ranch was set up to allow him to conduct the business of the Presidency when he was there and not in the White House. Also generally well known and understood is the fact that the vast majority of the times when President Bush was at his ranch, he was engaged in the business of the Presidency and was NOT, as opposed to the Obamination, out on a golf course and thus doing nothing about the economy or the lack of jobs. In fact, his ranch in Texas was actually known and referred to by almost everyone, including the press, as the 'Western White House' since it was used so often for the business of the Presidency and not as a vacation retreat. This, of course, was omitted completely on that chart in the hope that the chart would make it appear that George Bush took more vacation than the rank amateur and champion vacationer who, at least for present, resides in the White House.

I continue to watch this show just to see how many lies, either expressed or by omission, the writers will try to work into the dialogue of future shows. I'm still waiting for the anchorman to insist on questioning the many false statements made by Democratic Senators and Representatives and by the Obamination and his foot-in-mouth joke of a Vice-President, 'Bumbling Joe Biden'. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting since I'm quite sure that the writers will never be allowed to question anything said by a Liberal, no matter how outrageous or how blatantly false. That's why everyone knows and understands that the Lame Stream Media outlets and most Hollywood studios are blatantly biased to the Left and shows such as this one do nothing but re-enforce that well accepted knowledge regarding Liberal bias.

sleeper1428

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Animus000

[2]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 2
    Sleeper, go back to sleep.

jimman1

[3]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 4

Od course their going to lean in that direction the Republicans not all of them but mostly are a bunch of antiquated bible thumpers that really need to livein the real world. As soon as a Democrat does or says something as stupid as any Republican they`ll mention it, but the Republicans just make it so easy to go after them. Bush did take all those vacation days. Working from home are you kidding me!?!?

jasten

[4]Aug 27, 2012
    jimman1 wrote:

Od course their going to lean in that direction the Republicans not all of them but mostly are a bunch of antiquated bible thumpers that really need to livein the real world. As soon as a Democrat does or says something as stupid as any Republican they`ll mention it, but the Republicans just make it so easy to go after them. Bush did take all those vacation days. Working from home are you kidding me!?!?

Considering the "American Taliban" line, they'd have to roast themselves over such stupidity. Seriously, the show is for progressives by a progressive. It isn't unbiased and the only issue I take with it is that it tries to pass itself as unbiased and reporting facts instead of opinions. Be truthful about your bias and it would be fine. But this is just insulting to anyone with intelligence and a fair mind, regardless of their political leanings.

sleeper1428

[5]Aug 28, 2012
    Well said! I agree completely. As I said, I continue to watch this show simply to see what they'll come up with in the next outrageous chapter as they try to appear unbiased while doing everything possible to push the progressive agenda.

sleeper1428

JanSchneider1

[6]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 2

sleeper1428 wrote:

First off, the aged Dorothy Cooper who will supposedly be denied the right to vote by the introduction of a requirement for proper identification before an individual will be allowed to cast their vote can easily obtain a government issued identification card for a minimal charge and if she cannot afford this charge, the government will issue that identification without cost. This fact was omitted completely, leaving the impression that Ms. Cooper would not be allowed to vote which, of course, is a complete and total LIE!!!!

I think that storyline was loosely based on this case:

http://thegrio.com/2012/08/17/viviette-applewhite-93-year-old-plaintiff-in-pa-voter-id-case-gets-card-amid-appeal/

Seems like it can be somewhat difficult to acquire a voter id card under very rare circumstances - but then again the cases of voter id fraud are also very rare...

Nevertheless you have a point that this part of the newsroom episode was weak considering the writers chose to omit how there have to be very special circumstances in which one has problems to obtain a voter id.

skodko

[7]Jul 29, 2013
    • level: 1

I do agree that the liberal bias in the show is sometimes so explicit that it makes the show hard to watch.

That being said, the point in the case about the woman not "being able" to vote, is not whether the individual person could get the proper ID to be allowed to vote, but the fact that the law that requires this, obviously serves one purpose and this is to eliminate democratic votes, as it mostly affects groups who would vote for the democratic party.

That being said, I am aware that you're not interested in an actual discussion about bias, considering your use of the word "Obamination". You should however know that most of the western world share the views presented in this show and at some point and the Republican party would probably be best served by taking some notes from the shows. People evolve and at some point, hating gay people based on an imaginary dude in the sky, ignoring poor people and discriminating against minorities is going to get old.

Razor1978_2

[8]Aug 27, 2013
    • level: 9

JanSchneider1 wrote:

sleeper1428 wrote:

First off, the aged Dorothy Cooper who will supposedly be denied the right to vote by the introduction of a requirement for proper identification before an individual will be allowed to cast their vote can easily obtain a government issued identification card for a minimal charge and if she cannot afford this charge, the government will issue that identification without cost.

I think that storyline was loosely based on this case:

http://thegrio.com/2012/08/17/viviette-applewhite-93-year-old-plaintiff-in-pa-voter-id-ca

No. It was based on the actual Dorothy Cooper case. The case, where Dorothy Cooper (a real person), was affected by the new voter ID laws. Like all stories on The Newsroom, this was a real story.