The Newsroom

HBO (ended 2014)

layle1

The Newsroom Fan Reviews (46)

• Dissapointing drama

What could have been a new type of show educating us about whats 'actually' in and behind the news turned out to be an ordinary relationship drama. 'Mackenzie' is in a constant state of hysterics, resembling more a 5 year old spoiled child (screaming for ice cream) than an educated reporter. I had big hopes for 'Maggie' as the actor had prev appeared in a strong role on 'in Treatment'. Boy was I dissapointed. In fact, the main female characters (with the exception of 'Sloan') are not portrayed as emancipated highly educated professionals - but rather as hysterical, hormonally driven sluts with less than all indians in the canoe.

This is all very dissapointing since the main plot is so very interesting and promising. Why spoil it all with gutter drama? Besides making no sense it completely spoils any attempts to display an alternative world view contrasting everyday mainstream 'FOX' (and its ilks) reporting.