The Next Best Thing Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Episode #8 (7/25/07) - SEASON FINALE

Squizz44

[1]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 13

Well, the results are in, and here's how it turned out...

1st: Older Elvis
    2nd: Frank Sinatra
    3rd: Young Elvis
    4th: George W Bush
    5th: Lucille Ball

Very disappointed that Lucy didn't win. Most of the finalists were good, but she was great.

I was wondering how they'd fill out a whole hour for the results show. The red carpet spoof and the duets were pretty good, but I could've done without the overproduced ensemble performances. Really enjoyed the Paris/Dubya skit and the crowd reactions to it. The Elvis/Elvis and Lucy/Robin performances were really good too.

So the season is over and it's quite likely that we'll get a fresh one next summer, given the fairly strong ratings this season drew. Maybe next year, I won't be talking to myself most of the season!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

radrobd

[2]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 53
    I knew Heartbreak Elvis would win. He was the best impersonator of the bunch.

Will_of_the_D

[3]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 14
    Personally, I liked 4/5 of the final 10. I feel that the George Bush impersonator was horrid. He looked like Bush but acted nothing like him. He was more suited for SNL then this show.

The Elivs guys were good, but I happen to feel that Lucy was better, Frank was also very good.

bballmegan22

[4]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 30
    I was also dissapointed Lucy didn't win. I just feel like there are already so many Elvis impersonators out there and to have something different win would have been nice. I also thought it was funny how they all said that they would "pay the bills" with the winnings.

Brunete20

[5]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 63
    I wish I wouldn't have stopped watching the show half way through. I tuned it last night just as they announced the winner only to be shocked that heartbreak Elvis was Trent Carlini. His is the number one Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas as well as my sister's best friends ex-boyfriend.