The Next Best Thing

ABC (ended 2007)

The Next Best Thing Fan Reviews (8)

6.9
  • a mediocre show that's going downhill fast. it's becoming "america got singers". the latest episode eliminated all but one non singing contestants, therefore the following episodes will be just another american idol spoof with probably even worst singing.

a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
  • Judges crack me up

i like this show..i mean some people actually can imitate some actors. But i love the judges the best. Their reactions crack me up. i really hope this show survives its funny to know how many people can imitate so good.
    I didnt like the Jack Sparrow dude..he didnt even sound like jack sparrow
  • not very good...

In my opinion, this show is not very good. It takes people that look like celebrities and sounds like celebrities and puts them in a competetion. It seems pointless to me. I mean, if you want to see the celebrity just flip on a channel. Who wants to see a look-alike when you can see the rela thing. I do have to say some of the look-alikes are funny. George Bush and Robin Williams were funny, but the others are boreing. This show is just a boreing summer show that tried to copy American Idol and it is not very good.
  • celebrity impersonators.

I think the show is really funny. It’s American Idol but instead of singers they are celebrity impersonators. They each come onto stage and do their impersonation and the judges say yes or no based on how much they resemble the person. It is great because some people you see look so much like the celebrity they are impersonating and some are so terrible you wonder what they were thinking trying out. Its very funny to watch the people and hear the judges responses. There isn’t much point to the show now but it is developing and I cant wait to see what will happen.
  • I am impressed with SOME of the contestants; mainly funny Howard Stern & George Bush, Brilliant Paris, Madonna and Tim McGraw. They had the strongest resemblence, personality and talent out of everyone. No to Lucy(too messy looking), David Letter...

I am impressed with a SOME of the contestants; mainly Funny Howard Stern & George Bush, Brilliant Paris & Madonna and Great Tim McGraw. They had the strongest resemblence, personality and talent out of everyone. No to Lucy (too messy looking), David Letterman #1 sounds like Kermit the Frog or George Clooney??? Nope. The judges ;okay but are too busy TRYING to be funny and not constructive. I do not like how the show moves so quickly that you can not focus on who you are seeing half of the time. They need to slow down! Good Show!
  • Loved the first episode -- keep them coming

Loved the first episode but what happened to the second one?? Check out your website and see that there is not date listed for the New York tryouts.

Was it aired on Wednesday?? I sent my DVR and nothing was copied. And when you check the website for ABC.com there is no date for the New York episode just 0/0/00 -- isn't that strange? HELP please! I know some people who tried out and I wanted to see them.
  • Celebrity impersinators

2.5
    Why oh why am I watching this lousy show? Oh wait a much better show is on right after it and nothing else is on. Well I suppose I could watch paint dry. At least that would be better than this.

This show is awful. Bad celebrity imitators one after another. It is like a high school talent show. No real talent. The impersonations are either bad, or way over done and tired. One guy did a Austin Powers impersonation. That would be fine if it were 3-4 years ago when it would be popular.

Simply put this show is a train wreck. It is dreck.
  • I admit I was skeptical- it sounded bizarre, but the commercials piqued my interest. So I watched. It turned out I was amazed. I've never seen or heard anything like it- one celebrity clone after another and another.

This is how it works. Apparently thousands of celebrity impersonators, Tribute Artists, look-and-sound-alikes, or whatever you want to call them auditioned in four major cities. Ascerbic, sharp-tongued (a little too sharp-tongued at times for me) seasoned comedians judged them, and the first episode featured those who auditioned in L.A. The talent really ran the gamut, from the sublime to the ridiculous. In the sublime category, everyone I've talked to had a favorite, from a knock-your-socks-off Robin Williams, Little Richard (wait 'til you see this guy), Lucille Ball (you WILL think it's her), Jackie Gleason and Art Carney (to the MOON good!), an unbelievable Bono, Al Pacino, Celine Dion, Simon Cowell and George Bush (you'll actually love these versions). These people aren't JUST look-alikes, and sound-alikes- they are PURELY entertaining in their own right! I loved Johnny Carson and Jerry Lewis, too - and the singers - well you would NOT be able to distinguish them from the "real" ones if you weren't looking, or maybe even if you WERE. In the ridiculous category were the twin Dollys, the white Bill Cosby, the Marilyn Manson,the male Cher, and the purple-haired "???" There wasn't a dull second in the entire hour - it flew by - and I'm addicted now.