The Next Food Network Star

Being an Expert

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 22, 2008 on Food Network

• The Iron Chef twist was great. I am just not a fan of either Tyler Florence or Iron Chef Simon, so this had the potential of being hard to watch, but they pulled it off.

Making a fish dish with a Iron Chef worst nightmare type of ingredient was a real surprise. The dishes were imaginative and with several that actually got the chef from Red Lobster's attention. The winning dish by Kelsey must have just been a tad better than the two Shane. All of a sudden Shane is a potential winner and Kelsey finally tones it down and gets good reviews for her presentation and the winning dish.
    Lisa is near the top of the pack and Adam is falling from grace. The next few shows will shake out the weak links and this season has the potential to really bring a winner that we will watch. That will be 2 out of 4, and then they will lose their audience on Dinner Impossible so they need a new show, as no one will watch without Chef Robert there, and I do not care he padded his resume.
  • good episode....

The hopefuls first show their knowledge of food through a challenge with Tyler Florence as the guest. I thought some of the competitors were really bad. I was surprised on how bad they were and how obvious they were being on the fact that they had no idea what they were doing. Anyways, moving on. The next competetion had Chef Simon as a guest and he ordered the hopefuls to cook two seafood dishes for coastguard troops. The rich lady (I forgot her name...) was actually good in this challenge because she was funny and made sense. I didn't like Nipa at all. She seems fake and annoying, because she couldn't cut the fish. Overall, another solid episode of Food Network Star.