The Next Food Network Star

Iron Chef Showdown

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 08, 2007 on Food Network

• The remaining finalists compete as iron chefs

The competition heats up as the four finalists are pitted against each other in a semi scaled down version of Iron Chef. As in the popular show “Iron Chef America” or “Iron Chef” the chefs are allowed their own Sous Chefs and in this case the past finalists are called back for support. In the first battle the secret ingredient was striped sea bass with chef Paul versus chef Rory, with Jag and Amy as commentators. This battle was very close in comparison with great food from both sides and the commentators, JAG and Amy, did an over the top performance through this battle. If I was to choose a winner I would go with Paul and his budget priced view of simple food for all. Now onto the next lacking battle of poultry with chef Amy and JAG, with Paul and Rory as underdeveloped/ prepared commentators. In this battle Amy won by far with none of the judges liking any of JAG’s dishes, bring JAG down a few pegs by getting completely humiliated on his favorite show. This challenge was by far the toughest as of yet and by far the most tear jerking, with the below the belt criticism by the judges. In the end the two on the cutting block was JAG and Paul. With the judges at a loss of words these two are giving a few seconds to explain themselves. It was a bitter elimination as we said goodbye to one of my favorites on this show, and the reason I stayed with this show so long. Paul was sent packing and it brought me and the other finalists to tears as he said his goodbyes. If I was a predicting person the winner is going to be, if not Paul now, JAG because out of the other two the only one I can picture having and maintaining his own show, he just has to manage his attitude problem.

Next week the remaining finalists are given the task of cooking on the Rachel Ray Show, with Rachel Ray of course, so this is an episode not to miss. 8.5/10 – Decent episode but a very terrible decision by the judges.