The Next Food Network Star

layle1

The Next Food Network Star Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

6.2
  • What A Shame

I don't understand how that woman moved on when her steak was raw. There was nothing wrong with with the shrimp and grits. I don't get it.
  • Smug Matthew and Giada's boobs - ENOUGH with all 3!

I literally cannot stand to watch that smug ass, arrogant Matthew anymore, so I was very glad to see people on this post agree.

As for Giada... c'mon, is it really necessary to have every piece of clothing to be so freaking low that 80% of your boobs are showing? Is she going clubbing after every taping? Does she think she is competition with the Kardashians? Is she trying to dual use her Tinder profile outfits on this show?

Women have a hard enough time being taken seriously by some people in this industry and these outfits are not helping the cause.
  • ok your public has judging time

ok here we go The Pioneer Women I turn off as soon as I here the intro music her food and her personality are dull and boringHer crap re home school is a joke most of the time the kids are ranch hands when there is school she sends the older kids to teach not her. One of her sons wrote a card for his great grandmother that was unreadable. We know where education is in her life. Alton Brown he use to be a neat scientist explaining the cooking process neat and informative. now Cutthroat Kitchen is a horrible to to watch and an insult to the Chefs that are professional plain stupid. Now here is a gift. Giada.. the old giada was enjoyable she actually ate what she made the new Giada walked out with Bobby for a new show looking like a hooker. Her boobs hanging out and she looked like she was selling something other than food. I can no longer let grand kids see what use to be a family show. Do what you want in your personal life its not to be plastered all over Tv. Guy I love Guys other big bite but I am getting tired of the lack of cooking on his part and Triple D and the numerous reruns. The Grocery games that's not cooking. Trisha's southern cooking I hate that show her food is I don't even have a work her music is grand but not the cooking. Chopped is super all of the judges seem to be supportive and kind and enjoy competing against each other except the queen Shohan sp?? She is very

curt for those trying to please her and doesn't seem to partake in the other judges competing games. Now we have Chopped Canada with the sex addict enough said.

Here we have Damaras Phillips Southern at heart now thats a woman that can cook tells you why she does something and introduces you to new products a real cooking whole group of us watch her show. She is informative and fun you can learn a lot from her. Bobby flay COOKS on all his shows. and is informative and humble Ok so he is easy on the eye Burrell is super and always teaches you something Jacques Torres is amazing. I just adore Ming Tsai he is funny and shows you the in and outs of his cooking Michael Chiarello he is wonderful and has super ideas. Emerill What can say he and Julia got us all started oh and Graham Kerr. Thats what cooking is not this Las Vegas crap your dishing out. Nancy on farmhouse rules is a refreshing and informative change. Iron chef is super. Mario Batali acts like a dirty old man and that he is better than every one else. He is also sloppy in his plating. I am Rachel Rayed out to much of her while her her food is good and serves a clientell there is to much of her. Sandra lee is great at adapting her cooking to being semi homade she serves her own clientell and that's what you want a cook who cooks and has a niche . I am praying for her I also have had double mastectomies. I loved the fat ladies prior to one of there deaths i purchased the Puck just simply put Marvelous Darling. Alex we love you girl. Geoffery Zakarian I'm making you an apron looks like tux get rid of sports coat it looks out of place. Fondly, Sally Buckley

• Wrong choice for the winner

Damiano. That is who the viewers want to watch.
  • Giada

Acted like a whining little baby last night voting off 2 contestants that criticize her food , she will not be on my TV again , I have never thought her food looked good in the first place
  • Foodnetwork Star 2016

I love watching food TV shows! I feel Giada's comments overall on the foodnetwork Star show is not only too critical of contestants but especially to those she doesn't rate highly. She makes faces and expresses her feeling quite clearly on the show. I am very disappointed that 'Anna' was eliminated. I thought Anna did a great presentation and she has come a long way. Giada commented that she 'didn't feel anything' about Anna's presentation whereas the rest of the judges liked it. So in the end, it was her subjective bias about the contestant rather than the standard of presentation, taste and creativity. I think her style of dress is borderline offensive. She should conduct appropriately as a judge and not hold herself out as the 'STAR Of the Thank you.
  • Will it? I want the recipe !

Will ahi ... patty melt? Of course. Too easy. Surprise win was will hummus calzone? Yes? Can I please have the recipe? This is the problem with Food Network these days. It's not about cooking. It's about drama. I don't learn anything about cooking on TV anymore. And I'm sad to see the Lunch Lady go. He was darn funny on the comments part of the show.
  • Bring Stacy back!

Giada said Stacy was guarded and not genuine. Really Giada? Love your show but I do not consider you to be genuine and real on tv at all!! Also, people I know who have seen your show feel the same. Yet, we love your recipes and that is why we watch you. Stacy is someone

Everyone could relate to. She is the real deal. Great concept for her show too. You voted her out unfairly from the beginning. Sad.

Still, my family and I love food network.
  • Done with this show

2.5
    This past season had to have been staged. I was never so disgusted with a program outcome. Manny should have win hands done, but I could have dealt with Christian. But Jess, NO WAY. SHE IS BORING, HAS NO CAMERA CHARISMA AND HAS A ONE WAY PALATE. When she came back it became obvious she was going to be a finalist. But win. NO NO and NO. I would never watch her show. Had I not watched the "star" show and just came upon her show while channel surfing, I would change channels immediately. Your statemen about how you chose the winner was how they had performed thru the whole competition and their potential for growth. She had none of that. She got booted off for goodness sake. Manny was very consistent in his performance and HE TASTED HIS FOOD. Took Christian until the end to finally taste his food, after being told multiple times, and then he took such a large bite he couldn't talk. He won because he could talk to Giada in her whopping deal. This is not the Giada show. Manny got robbed. If you had to have 2, because it had never been done, then it should have been Manny and Christian. Did you see the look on the faces of the other contestants. That should have told you right then and there you screwed up. I am so also tired of looking at Giada's boobs and her and Bobby's little . I am done with this show. You blew it big time
  • A little goes a long way

2.5
    Do we really need to watch until the end? Sarah's face and fakeness is shoved at us constantly. She is still the pageant queen and very very annoying. PLUS her dishes are not good. Are the 2 guys falling for her constant flirting. Really too much! I have a feeling that she will be favored to the end, regardless of her lack of talent. Too bad, I love this show.
  • Worst decision ever

Food Network Star has really lowered their standards.

It wasn't fair that Christian had to share his win with Jess. Did they feel sorry for her? She's got the personality of a wet blanket and was eliminated for a good reason. She is far from a storyteller. All she had to say in every challenge is 'my mothers from Malaysia and my fathers from China'. Most of the time it had nothing to do with the challenge. She has no imagination, and her pilot was horrible. Who'd watch her show? Not I.

If they were going to pick two winners, it should have been Manny up there with Christian. Personality and talent. But I'm sure Manny will get a show before that boring Jess does.

Star Salvation needs stopped. It's not fair to those still there with more talent. I mean really, bringing back Amy? Never had any star quality to begin with.

• Don't like any of the finalist

I don't care which one wins because I wouldn't watch any of their shows. I'm sorry but I disagree with the people who do not like Matthew. He tried very hard to improve this season and I think he did change. There is no way that Rusty should have been chosen over Matthew to go to the final 3.
  • I disagree

1.5
    The show has not been interesting since the whole format has been changed. Had the three groups which was all wrong. Then just those two judging. What happened to the way it used to be when it first came on????? Loved it. Now boring. And damio or whatever his name is aint no better than the others. Lots of folk is used to italion food anyway, is that why everyone else who is different is not wanted? Same crap on foodntwork. No ethnicity, or different people or shows at all. same stuff. Glad something (different is there).
  • Alex Mc Coy

1.5
    It bugs me when he puts his hair back behinds his ear then he touches his food. GROSS!! He either needs to cut his hair or wear a ball cap
  • Lousy contestants. The last two people: The woman did not qualify to be a contestant. The man was a disaster with the risotti. He knew it would be and he did it anyway; and he spent $317! I was not impressed with 99% of these challengers.

1.5
    Lousy contestants. The last two people:
    The woman did not qualify to be a contestant.
    The looks on the faces of the judges throughout the week told it all; not necessarily the words that came out of their mouths; just their facial expressions.
    I guess out of the last two, I would go for the man because he meets the criteria of the challenger.
    I could never see any of them becoming Flay.
  • It's no wonder they don't let the audience decide!!! The finale was a farce.

1.1
    I like cooking shows, and I didn't watch reality shows until the cooking ones came along. I think Food Network is a great channel, but the finale this season was ridiculous.

I liked Lisa because she was polished and focused, plus, she's a Texas girl, so I had to root for the home team. I'm not a big fan of pearls and high heels in the kitchen- but to each ones own. She definitely had a point of view, and the knowledge to back it up.

Aaron. Hmmm. What I found strange was that he was so personable when he was "off camera," but every time the challengers had to demonstrate on set-he froze, or flubbed, or just didn't seem comfortable.

Adam was a charmer, and even though I feel like a traitor to Lisa, I was really rooting for Adam. He had a built in gimmick for his show. He made the audience laugh, and he was pretty consistent in looking good on camera. I did wince a little when he sang to Martha Stewart, but I appreciated the fact that he just went for it. Because he didn't hold anything back, what could have been a train wreck actually turned in to a rather cute moment.

I would have been happy if either Lisa or Adam had won, and once I realized that-I knew that they would pick Aaron, so I can't say that I was very shocked when they announced. Just terribly disappointed.

What I think is very telling is the fact that they made it a point to say that the new show would air in one week. They've obviously learned from their past mistakes. The girl from last season-the one who wanted to bring French cuisine into the home? (remember? I barely do) I watched and watched for her, and somewhere around 6 months after she won, they put her show on at, I think, 8:30 in the morning. Some unholy hour, like that. I taped the first episode (yawn) and as far as I can recall, they only aired about 4 or 5 more, and then she was gone, gone, gone.

I like this show because natural cooks are as welcome as trained cooks, and I'll keep watching the show. But sometimes the network executives are not as in touch with their viewers as they could be.
    I hope Bob reads the boards. Maybe next year we'll actually get a winner who deserves it.
  • Last time I'm watching

I dont know how you pick the winner. Jess made me so uncomfortable watching her show and Christian didnt let Antonia speak more than 5 words! Food Network you've lost a fan.
  • Barbecue Junior

I think Eddie Jackson, has no personality an do not like him whenever he is on.
  • What an incredible ending!!!

I was so pleased with the ending. Both Amy and Rory are great cooks and know their stuff. I just felt that Amy was more down to earth and deserved a show.

I know that it didn't seem fair since she wasn't the original choice for the final two. But I was so glad that Jag took himself out of the running. That was a smart choice on his part. I think they really didn't know who to choose between Jag and Amy - it was so close. So, bringing Amy back to be in the final two wasn't really an injustice. She deserved to be there. I can't wait to watch her show and see her grow. If I'm ever near Vega, TX, I will definitely stop by and eat at Rory's restaurant. It looked awesome. It will keep her busy. I thought she had enough going on without adding a network show to it. She will go far.
  • Jason!!!

Jason is by far the absolute best on this show!! He needs his show whether he wins or loses!!! He has such a great personality and is so fun to watch!!
  • an ok summer show...

This show has contestants that compete to become the next food network star. They all want to have their own food network show. They go through food-related challenges and get eliminated every episode. The show is overall entertaining. It's just like all of the other competition shows: American Idol, America's Next Top model, and all of the shows like them. It's pretty unorigonal, but still interesting. The challenges and judges are very entertaining and interesting also. Overall, it's a good summer fix but it can't compete against the regular year shows. The good thing is that we get a new food network host and show out of it. Guy won last year and he was really good and I can't wait to see who wins this year.
  • Well, maybe not a guilty pleasure, but more fun than I expected it to be.

As a rule, I detest reality TV. It seems to have as its sole objective either pitting people against each other or making people behave like fools, always in a preposterously forced situation. It's a mindless, moronic form of entertainment, an opiate for the masses. The one and only notable exception has been Queer Eye, which at least has a heart and some very good intentions.

But I must confess, I've found a second exception in the third season of The Next Food Network Star. I blame my nephew. And maybe Guy Fieri. But somehow, I'm hooked. And I must confess, it has a lot going for it, including the participation of Duff Goldman, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine and Alton Brown, all of whom outweigh its three main demerits: the stiff-as-a-board Susie Fogelson (lighten up, woman!), Giada's over-exposed girls, and the participation of Bobby Flay in any capacity.

The contestants are a nice mix of personalities and aside from the phoney Nikki and the obnoxious Jag, a likeable group, with Tommy and Paul best in small doses. One strength: the show is blessedly free of the usual sniping and back-biting that is generally the substance of a reality show. Oh, there's a bit of witchy talk, and the occasional conflict, but no more than we would expect in a high-stress, high stakes situation such as this. And at the end of the day, they go home and await the outcome of the latest round as a team.
    But the fun really comes from the guest judges and the challenges they present: Duff's wedding cakes, Robert's catering for 100, Paula's home cookin' at Ft. Dix and soon, Alton with the camera. Its these that lift this show above the ordinary, using the individuality of the Food Network's ensemble. I could do with a bit less Giada, but hey, can't win 'em all.

But the burning question remains: do they have a Food Network Star among the contestants? I'm not so sure, especially now there are only five left. We've got some great cooks, some winning personalities, but do they have the one with the combination to strike lightning in a bottle? That remains to be seen.
  • I liked the 1st season, so I've come back for more.

The challanges are interesting and well done. I find it facinating to see the "inner workings" of producing a show.

This group of contestants seems interesting and up to the challange.

Of the three FOOD challange shows, Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, and Next Food Network Star, IMHO because this show has a specific achivable visable goal (fame & fortune), it is the most watchable of the three on a sustained basis.
  • Food network star

For the network : I watch Food Network all the time, but I will NEVER watch Matthew on anything.
  • I enjoy watching most of the candidates. And having one different judge every week is nice.

6.8
    This is a good show. I don't understand why Sue Fogelson is a judge. I suppose it doesn't matter that I've never seen her cook, and she has no personality. However, I enjoy the show mostly even though there has to be a Simon on every show I guess. I can't imagine I would ever watch a show if Rory were to win. I really like Amy and I could see myself watching a show she were to host.
  • Someone's in the kitchen with....Survivor?

The television food network attempts to join the ranks of "Reality" programming. But wouldn't all cooking show's be real programming? I'll sit and ponder that one for awhile.

I watched the first offering of this short competition series. The tasks that the contestants were asked to perform were mostly interesting, if not entertaining.

The perplexing part of this show is the judges. I know they're some sort of big kahunas at the network, but do they really know what America wants to watch? They've lost some of their best talent and focused on what they think is glitz. And that glitz is starting to border on Schlock.
    I was never able to figure out just how they made their decisions, it must have been based on personality clashes and meshes that we viewers never got to see. It's almost as if they're wearing blindfolds and pinning the tail on the loser of the hour.

The winners of the first competition, IMHO, should have been voted off near the beginning of the series. They were completely lacking in personality and didn't offer anything interesting or fresh to viewers. I've caught some of their series and it isn't any better.
    There was a lady in the competition whom the 'celebrity' judge seemed to be pushing for throughout the competition. She was plucky and delightful and had a very excellent idea for a series. In fact, I've recently come across a new show on foodtv that is exactly what this woman had designed for her series during the competition, except it's with a different cook (one who has the personality of mildew). But I digress.

At the start of the 2nd competition I knew not to expect much at all since they had the same lame judges except this time they were joined by pseudo-celebrity chef Bobby Flay. He owns a couple eateries in New York, but owning eateries does not make you a good judge of cooking, otherwise Burger King and Ronald McDonald would be the only reasonable judges to have on board.

Once again, the judges systematically got rid of most of the strong competitors. And just like the first time around, they whittled them down to one of the stronger competitors and one of the weakest. There's no anticipation as to who is going to taste victory.

I do enjoy the other foodtv celebs they have on the show, giving the contestants pointers, except for maybe Dave Leiberman and Alton Brown, they weren't much help at all, unless being condescending is their twisted idea of instruction. (check out the faces Dave Leiberman makes at the contestants during the cupcake battle, it's pathetic!).

Should they decide to hold a 3rd competition, perhaps they'll get it right, but I probably won't be watching to find out.

• Matthew

I really can't stand Matt and his smacking lips and his arrogance. He needs to go. I would not watch his show or the show he does a guess spot on. Instant channel change.
  • Disappointed in the choice of winner

I was very disappointed in the choice of winner. Jay was the most consistent with his food skills and his presentations and he was the only one of the three who actually made his own dish during the pilot. So, why did Eddie win? He's a former pro football player, but I thought this was a show about cooking. Silly me.
  • the next food network star should be someone viewers will actually watch

I would like to be on this show. I have one tape on you tube, but I don't have a camera crew so my progress hasn't been as great as I would like. But here is the link.....0UJ4NzHSyso. Or search Fancy Your Feast.
  • FN got it wrong!

Matthew is the best! His videos and tips are excellent! He is engaging and informative. Keep it up Matthew!
1 2 3 4