The Next Food Network Star

Sunday 9:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jun 05, 2005 In Season

layle1

The Next Food Network Star Fan Reviews (58)

6.8
  • Sarah needs to be gone!!!!!!!!!

At one time I used to love watching Food Network. But the more I watch it, the more I notice subtle acts of racist behaviors. These judges are so phony and are judging without any expertise. The last show proves this by not eliminating Sarah. How can you all let this inexperienced contestant survive one more episode. You all had stated in previous competitions that the girl can not cook. Not only that, she does not deliver well on any of the challenges. Chris has cooked better food and has done better on a lot more of the challenges than Sarah has... This decision was straight up bull and you know it was not fair. It was just another attempt to keep the black man down and keep us from getting ahead. I know damn well Chris deserved another chance because that fake ass Sarah is just scathing by on each episode. I see Paula Deen is not the only one on the network with these inferior attitudes about African-Americans...
  • Love these cooking shows!

Really good show as it is very addicting. And that it is trying to find the next Food Network star. It is a tamer version of Top Chef and that it tries to be like that. Though it isn't like Top Chef and it is a good show both of them. They try to find stars with good cooking, charisma, personality, and working well with others. A lot of people became stars on here and that it is neat to see who will be the next star of their own show. Shows you they have to go through a lot and put up with a lot.
  • What an incredible ending!!!

I was so pleased with the ending. Both Amy and Rory are great cooks and know their stuff. I just felt that Amy was more down to earth and deserved a show.

I know that it didn't seem fair since she wasn't the original choice for the final two. But I was so glad that Jag took himself out of the running. That was a smart choice on his part. I think they really didn't know who to choose between Jag and Amy - it was so close. So, bringing Amy back to be in the final two wasn't really an injustice. She deserved to be there. I can't wait to watch her show and see her grow. If I'm ever near Vega, TX, I will definitely stop by and eat at Rory's restaurant. It looked awesome. It will keep her busy. I thought she had enough going on without adding a network show to it. She will go far.
  • A great show where ppl cook against eachother to get a show on the Food Network.

I really enjoy this show, i pretty much love every show on food network. Even though i wanted Shane to win, it is still intence. At this point, its gonna be close, although, 1 thing is sure, lisa will not win, i dont know how she made it this far into the competition. She was terrible with the demonstration with Reachel Rae, she completely failed. The pressure is on for evry contestant. My personal opinion is that they r having too many new shows on the food network, some of the new shows suck, but hopefully the winner willl have a great show!
  • Who can be the next Bobby Flay or Emerill Lagasse so to speak. That's what this show is about, though in reality TV forum. Each week someone get's the perverbial "boot" and is asked to leave. As with all reality tv shows alliances, backstabbing, etc.

Each week we have someone from the Food Network pose a challenge, & each week they come to the chopping block to be sent home. We have a vegetarian who seems as saccharine as sugar, though she does a under-handed move at the supermarket to Paul, or our resident military man,or is he? Best yet is the last episode!!! Emerill Lagasse is there to announce the winner. Instead of coming out and shaking hands with both, he walked right up to the winner on live television, shook her hand and said "congratulations". That is unintentionally funny at it's best!
  • What are we really selling here? Food or sex?

I have to say I agree with the other viewers who are disgusted with Giada and her choice of dress. I agree professionalism includes choice of dress. I am a teacher and how would I look dressing this way on the job? Is it me or does it seem she flirts with the contestants? Also unprofessional....

Please do not let Giadas dress deter you from watching this show/network. It is GOOD STUFF.

What I really got on this comment section for was to talk about the finalists and how each is deserving. But that Eddie
  • Giada, put the boobs away

Love the show but not warching next season if Giadas boobs are in the way. It's about the food people!
  • super cool program and great comments from the judges

Can someone tell me how I can get into this competition. Thank you
  • an ok summer show...

This show has contestants that compete to become the next food network star. They all want to have their own food network show. They go through food-related challenges and get eliminated every episode. The show is overall entertaining. It's just like all of the other competition shows: American Idol, America's Next Top model, and all of the shows like them. It's pretty unorigonal, but still interesting. The challenges and judges are very entertaining and interesting also. Overall, it's a good summer fix but it can't compete against the regular year shows. The good thing is that we get a new food network host and show out of it. Guy won last year and he was really good and I can't wait to see who wins this year.
  • Well, maybe not a guilty pleasure, but more fun than I expected it to be.

As a rule, I detest reality TV. It seems to have as its sole objective either pitting people against each other or making people behave like fools, always in a preposterously forced situation. It's a mindless, moronic form of entertainment, an opiate for the masses. The one and only notable exception has been Queer Eye, which at least has a heart and some very good intentions.

But I must confess, I've found a second exception in the third season of The Next Food Network Star. I blame my nephew. And maybe Guy Fieri. But somehow, I'm hooked. And I must confess, it has a lot going for it, including the participation of Duff Goldman, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine and Alton Brown, all of whom outweigh its three main demerits: the stiff-as-a-board Susie Fogelson (lighten up, woman!), Giada's over-exposed girls, and the participation of Bobby Flay in any capacity.

The contestants are a nice mix of personalities and aside from the phoney Nikki and the obnoxious Jag, a likeable group, with Tommy and Paul best in small doses. One strength: the show is blessedly free of the usual sniping and back-biting that is generally the substance of a reality show. Oh, there's a bit of witchy talk, and the occasional conflict, but no more than we would expect in a high-stress, high stakes situation such as this. And at the end of the day, they go home and await the outcome of the latest round as a team.
    But the fun really comes from the guest judges and the challenges they present: Duff's wedding cakes, Robert's catering for 100, Paula's home cookin' at Ft. Dix and soon, Alton with the camera. Its these that lift this show above the ordinary, using the individuality of the Food Network's ensemble. I could do with a bit less Giada, but hey, can't win 'em all.

But the burning question remains: do they have a Food Network Star among the contestants? I'm not so sure, especially now there are only five left. We've got some great cooks, some winning personalities, but do they have the one with the combination to strike lightning in a bottle? That remains to be seen.
  • I liked the 1st season, so I've come back for more.

The challanges are interesting and well done. I find it facinating to see the "inner workings" of producing a show.

This group of contestants seems interesting and up to the challange.

Of the three FOOD challange shows, Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, and Next Food Network Star, IMHO because this show has a specific achivable visable goal (fame & fortune), it is the most watchable of the three on a sustained basis.
  • Enough of Giada

Tired of Giada's boobs. Will not watch next season if it is all about Giada's cleavage.
  • Wannabe tv chefs compete for a show on the Food Network.

This is one reality show I don't mind having a second helping of.

As someone who likes to cook and who, sometimes, pretends to be cooking in front of a live audience as she prepares dinner, I can totally relate to the contestants desire to show their stuff on the small screen.

Right off the bat, I didn't like a couple of the contestants and found myself actually chanting "send her home, send her home." Carissa drove me nuts with the way she said the same few phrases over and over. Yvette's "sofrito" obsession made me actually lose interest in Latino food.

I am happy to see that my first choice, Guy, is still in the running. There is something about him that would make me watch his show. He's fast-talking, funny, knowledgeable, sincere and lives outside the box. He's not like any other host on the Food Network and any man who can make a cupcake look like a double-decker cheeseburger has my vote.

I hope the Food Network keeps bringing us interesting shows like this one.
  • Wardrobe malfunction :\

Giada's wardrobe is much too revealing for this type of programming - cleavage and crop tops?
  • oh what a bow

Loreal Gavin - I have the matching earrings to your bow necklace!

*S*
  • Bring Stacy back!

Giada said Stacy was guarded and not genuine. Really Giada? Love your show but I do not consider you to be genuine and real on tv at all!! Also, people I know who have seen your show feel the same. Yet, we love your recipes and that is why we watch you. Stacy is someone

Everyone could relate to. She is the real deal. Great concept for her show too. You voted her out unfairly from the beginning. Sad.

Still, my family and I love food network.
  • I enjoy watching most of the candidates. And having one different judge every week is nice.

6.8
    This is a good show. I don't understand why Sue Fogelson is a judge. I suppose it doesn't matter that I've never seen her cook, and she has no personality. However, I enjoy the show mostly even though there has to be a Simon on every show I guess. I can't imagine I would ever watch a show if Rory were to win. I really like Amy and I could see myself watching a show she were to host.
  • Someone's in the kitchen with....Survivor?

The television food network attempts to join the ranks of "Reality" programming. But wouldn't all cooking show's be real programming? I'll sit and ponder that one for awhile.

I watched the first offering of this short competition series. The tasks that the contestants were asked to perform were mostly interesting, if not entertaining.

The perplexing part of this show is the judges. I know they're some sort of big kahunas at the network, but do they really know what America wants to watch? They've lost some of their best talent and focused on what they think is glitz. And that glitz is starting to border on Schlock.
    I was never able to figure out just how they made their decisions, it must have been based on personality clashes and meshes that we viewers never got to see. It's almost as if they're wearing blindfolds and pinning the tail on the loser of the hour.

The winners of the first competition, IMHO, should have been voted off near the beginning of the series. They were completely lacking in personality and didn't offer anything interesting or fresh to viewers. I've caught some of their series and it isn't any better.
    There was a lady in the competition whom the 'celebrity' judge seemed to be pushing for throughout the competition. She was plucky and delightful and had a very excellent idea for a series. In fact, I've recently come across a new show on foodtv that is exactly what this woman had designed for her series during the competition, except it's with a different cook (one who has the personality of mildew). But I digress.

At the start of the 2nd competition I knew not to expect much at all since they had the same lame judges except this time they were joined by pseudo-celebrity chef Bobby Flay. He owns a couple eateries in New York, but owning eateries does not make you a good judge of cooking, otherwise Burger King and Ronald McDonald would be the only reasonable judges to have on board.

Once again, the judges systematically got rid of most of the strong competitors. And just like the first time around, they whittled them down to one of the stronger competitors and one of the weakest. There's no anticipation as to who is going to taste victory.

I do enjoy the other foodtv celebs they have on the show, giving the contestants pointers, except for maybe Dave Leiberman and Alton Brown, they weren't much help at all, unless being condescending is their twisted idea of instruction. (check out the faces Dave Leiberman makes at the contestants during the cupcake battle, it's pathetic!).

Should they decide to hold a 3rd competition, perhaps they'll get it right, but I probably won't be watching to find out.

• Disappointed in the choice of winner

I was very disappointed in the choice of winner. Jay was the most consistent with his food skills and his presentations and he was the only one of the three who actually made his own dish during the pilot. So, why did Eddie win? He's a former pro football player, but I thought this was a show about cooking. Silly me.
  • the next food network star should be someone viewers will actually watch

I would like to be on this show. I have one tape on you tube, but I don't have a camera crew so my progress hasn't been as great as I would like. But here is the link.....0UJ4NzHSyso. Or search Fancy Your Feast.
  • I've been disappointed the direction Food Network has been turning as they re-envision their charter, and I believe this show is a prime example of their problems.

I admit I have a softer spot in my heart for Top Chef because it was one of my first guides, but I don't believe that view radically skews my opinions of this show, although the gentle reader may grow weary of the comparison. These comments relate to the recently completed season four.

While discussing the show with a friend, I said it was like watching Top Chef on Valium, but it's more accurately Top Chef on Valium and Prozac with a little Digoxin thrown in for good measure.

The Show Overall: These episodes move so slowly, but you still feel unsatisfied at the end of the hour. The editing is choppy, leaving no coherent story arc (or whatever it's called in the reality genre). There's so much detritus footage that makes no difference to the episode resolution, but it's there every week. I want to see more of the selection committee, I want to see more cooking, I want to understand the decisions better. I want, I want, I want. I shouldn't end each week with this feeling.

The Challenges: They devise ridiculous challenges that neither test the finalists' skills nor relate to any kind of studio work they'll film (The Digoxin part -- you know, psych drug, psych drug, cardiac drug. Which of these doesn't belong?). This season alone they had to cook on a moving train, a carrier at sea, perform different skills set demonstrations with no prep time, etc. None of that remotely represents what they'll find if they win the show, when culinary producers and crews create scripts, test recipes, basically eliminate the need for the cooking skills at all. Now I'll admit that Top Chef has had some stupid challenges, the gas station and vending machine ones come to mind, but they were at the QuickFire level (Mini-Challenge on NFNS), not the Elimination (Main Challenge on NFNS). What should have been a logical progression of introductory to proficient camera skills and basic to chef-level cooking technique demonstrations ended up a hodge-podge with no clear organization or rhythm.

The Editing: All due respect to my sister: I know that editors are sometimes limited by the whim of the producers and/or clients. The thing is, someone should have stood back and realized that the product was milquetoast. Crisper editing with a view to the story for the episode would have made a world of difference. Getting rid of a quarter of the inane comments by the finalists -- some of which were obviously scripted -- would have breathed life into the franchise. There's only so much illumination that can be cast on a scene by an off-set remark. Only Adam actually fulfilled the typical role these usually take: a funny or sarcastic reflection on what happened. Skillful editing includes the expression on faces as things happen, so the subtext isn't needed to understand what's going on.

The Finalists: A more boring batch of contestants I've yet to meet, with the exception of Kelsey who was the most annoying, plastic replicant ever to dull a show (Marcel from Top Chef is still no. 1, but Kelsey may edge out Richard Hatch for the no. 2 spot). I keep harping on the editing, but either no one had any personality, or any flares of realism were left on the hard drive (or cutting room floor, depending on your era). The weird thing is that Top Chef began with contestants like this their first season, but each year the talent pool gets better and higher up the culinary food chain. This is not a perfect analogy, because it's very clear that Food Network is no longer looking for skilled chefs, but that wouldn't prevent them from looking for more talented amateurs.

My disappointment in this show is not that it's failing to become a Top Chef clone (believe it or not), but that they've watered down the competition and created such a bland product that it's boring. Whether through editing or elimination decisions, it was pretty clear from the beginning who was being groomed. It's hard to invest in a finalist if you know his or her days are numbered. Obscure judging also didn't help things. In this season's final episode, the criteria cited by Susie or Bob was that the winner had to be able to start filming the next day. This could mean one of two things (well, it could mean more, but these are the two I came up with): Either two of the finalists had family obligations or only one needed the least work to become camera-ready. If it's the former, what a stupid way to make a decision, if it's the latter, I do not see how they chose the winner they did. But how would we know? Not one decision was ever explained on camera either to the contestants or to the viewer.

Even understanding that they are focusing on camera skills, rather than cooking ability -- a sad trend throughout the network -- I believe this show could be so much more than the rote entertainment it is.
  • Liked the old format better. Love Top Chef but I don't think it was wise to copy. The Next Food Network Star had its own appeal.

With this new format, the Food Network has lost some of its integrity. The old stars and the judges are coming across badly. (And I mean not nice or happy to be there.) There has been no grooming of the incoming talent. (That the viewers have seen.) The group has had very little appeal. They all seem to be shaken and off balance. It appears the Food Network is not one big happy family anymore. The show is all stress and no joy. I'm voting for Amy. She seems to have the best presence and talent.
  • Honestly Giada??????

4.5
    I too am upset with Giada's constant slutty attire. You don't see Bobby Flay running around wearing assless chaps at least not yet. What exactly are they trying to cook up on this show. Giving food porn a new meaning.

• stopped after 2 seasons

4.5
    The show is great and exciting but the decision making by the judges really frustrate me. Its possible that theres more to their reasons but if i dont see it, it doesnt matter. netflix only has seasons 9 and 10 so i only watched those two. There were a few bad judgement calls in Season 9 and I feel like they picked the wrong winner but thats fine. Season 10 during the youtube THE PAYDAY MONSTER VIDEO WAS WAAYYY MORE AWESOME! I can barely remember the other 2. Everyone that i know that watched it was appalled by the decision. I can still remember how funny and ridiculous it was. The Reese one was about to put me to sleep and even though I love Emma, she wasnt that memorable.

I personally think Aryan shouldve been kicked off for her lack of cooking skills earlier, but in the commercial she was awesome. I heard every word and she was hilarious.

Also the cutthroat kitchen with Lenny, how bad could that piece of bread be? Also it was a barely significant part of his dish. if Bobby could swallow Kenny's weird contraption than he can swallow a piece of dry or tasteless bread. Atleast spit for better reasons.

I love Giada and Alton but it makes me too angry to see the wrong contestants get booted. I rather watch Iron chef or Hells kitchen, Gordon Ramsey makes better decisions.
  • ok your public has judging time

ok here we go The Pioneer Women I turn off as soon as I here the intro music her food and her personality are dull and boringHer crap re home school is a joke most of the time the kids are ranch hands when there is school she sends the older kids to teach not her. One of her sons wrote a card for his great grandmother that was unreadable. We know where education is in her life. Alton Brown he use to be a neat scientist explaining the cooking process neat and informative. now Cutthroat Kitchen is a horrible to to watch and an insult to the Chefs that are professional plain stupid. Now here is a gift. Giada.. the old giada was enjoyable she actually ate what she made the new Giada walked out with Bobby for a new show looking like a hooker. Her boobs hanging out and she looked like she was selling something other than food. I can no longer let grand kids see what use to be a family show. Do what you want in your personal life its not to be plastered all over Tv. Guy I love Guys other big bite but I am getting tired of the lack of cooking on his part and Triple D and the numerous reruns. The Grocery games that's not cooking. Trisha's southern cooking I hate that show her food is I don't even have a work her music is grand but not the cooking. Chopped is super all of the judges seem to be supportive and kind and enjoy competing against each other except the queen Shohan sp?? She is very

curt for those trying to please her and doesn't seem to partake in the other judges competing games. Now we have Chopped Canada with the sex addict enough said.

Here we have Damaras Phillips Southern at heart now thats a woman that can cook tells you why she does something and introduces you to new products a real cooking whole group of us watch her show. She is informative and fun you can learn a lot from her. Bobby flay COOKS on all his shows. and is informative and humble Ok so he is easy on the eye Burrell is super and always teaches you something Jacques Torres is amazing. I just adore Ming Tsai he is funny and shows you the in and outs of his cooking Michael Chiarello he is wonderful and has super ideas. Emerill What can say he and Julia got us all started oh and Graham Kerr. Thats what cooking is not this Las Vegas crap your dishing out. Nancy on farmhouse rules is a refreshing and informative change. Iron chef is super. Mario Batali acts like a dirty old man and that he is better than every one else. He is also sloppy in his plating. I am Rachel Rayed out to much of her while her her food is good and serves a clientell there is to much of her. Sandra lee is great at adapting her cooking to being semi homade she serves her own clientell and that's what you want a cook who cooks and has a niche . I am praying for her I also have had double mastectomies. I loved the fat ladies prior to one of there deaths i purchased the Puck just simply put Marvelous Darling. Alex we love you girl. Geoffery Zakarian I'm making you an apron looks like tux get rid of sports coat it looks out of place. Fondly, Sally Buckley

• Unappetizing drama

3.5
    I agree with the reviewer above me. Sarah is a bitch who has a semi-pretty face, Chris shouldn't have been eliminated.

Many people like to think that firing Paula Deen was the cause of the slight decline, but that is not the case at all. Her ratings have been going south (no pun intended) long before FN decided to give her the heave-ho. After her diabetes drama, and the n-word meltdown, it gave them the final reason to let her go. Now, the real reason of the sudden decline is simply the quality of the shows modern FN has concocted. Most of these new shows are game or competition shows. (Wait a minute, I thought food was about love, not war? Not variations of "Chopped", "Chopped Canada", "Chopped Russia", "Cupcake War", "Ice Cream War", and so forth. When people tune in to watch FN, they want to see programming about food. They don't want game shows, they don't want aggressive competitions, they don't want 'reality' shows that focuses on the daily struggles of restaurant owners. Yeah, people have enough problems of their own, already, they'd prefer not watch it unfold on a food channel of all places- ironically enough, it would make you avoid restaurants, if anything. However, there are a few (accidental) programs that incorporate food with competition: (Iron Chef, and Chopped). Although they don't teach you how to necessarily cook, you can still pick up on a few tricks, so that's something. Now with that out of the way, this my general opinion on this show.

While the concept is interesting enough, most of the contestants are unlikable, and try too hard to have a "Bright. Bold, Lively Personality" i . e Jeff, ( the latest food network star challenge winner. He is personable, and naturally goofy, but he's nearly jarring to watch, since the execs expect him to be wild and spontaneous), like Guy Fieri. You rarely see a contestant that is soft-spoken, calm, and composed. Emril is an exception to the rule. His personality is bright, and lively, not forced and script, and most importantly, HE TEACHES THE VIEWERS HOW TO ACTUALLY COOK. I remembered watching him at 11 at night and he would shout "BAM" and I would clap happily. He knows what he is doing, and he knows how to engage eager foodies to create a 5 star meal using ordinary ingredients.

Another problem witnessed in the search of a new FoodNetwork Star is sieving through all these "diverse" personalities that border on fake, forced, and obnoxious : the slutty Pinup girls, the bitchy fashionista, the sassy black chick, the boring guy who can cook like a pro, etc. I understand that they want melting pot of different personalities and people in the kitchen, but the most important factor is their ability to actually COOK, not who can stamp their names on the largest amount of cookware, or various utensils ( because buying eight hundred dollars of cookware with Rachel Ray's face stamped on the box will guarantee the buyer that they will become an Iron Chef in their homes- go figure).

And even the so-called "hosts" have transformed from humble folks into the most pretentious assholes I've seen in while.

Bobby and Alton are the Alpha and "Omega-3" of cooking. They own several restaurants, and host several shows on the Cooking Channel. They would be ideal mentors for a rising star, considering their notoriety in the food industry.

As for Giada...

Honestly, this bobble head- and her crocodile smile ( you can even see the back of her molars) is the last person anyone should be mentored by. She's arrogant, patronizing, and doesn't even act like a professional chef-jutting out her non-existent cleavage for the world to show. FN calls it "sexy", viewers call it "slutty". Sorry to break it to you Giada, or like she loves to pronounce: JA-DA. Ontop of that, she was already famous, because of her grandfather, who was a famous Film-maker, Dino De Laurentiis. Another annoying aspect of her is the fact that she insists on emphasizing Italian words obnoxiously like M-O-ZZER-RELLA and has the urge to zest a lemon on every dish, minimum one per ounce of pasta. (Her emphasis on pronouncing Italian words further perpetuated the stereotypes that being Italian means that you know the way Italian food should be prepared, because apparently, it is a born right).

It's unnerving how Alton and Bobby try their damnest to intimidate the contestants. I actually saw a preview for the next episode and Alton mentioned that "WE ARE THE TIRUMVIRATE, WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO GET TO DECIDE, AND THAT'S TRUTH" and no, he didn't "yell" that, but if you heard it, it was quite condescending. The statement implies that since he, JA-DA, and Flay helped build the the company, almost to the point of having a clique, and they look down on any newcomers. It doesn't matter if the person next to you forgot to cook a whole chicken, or whether or not the girl with the big red bow studded with polka-dots stuttered throughout her presentation, their words are final, and there's point in no arguing with them. ( Assuming that superiority is as equal as the ability to actually prepare food). Apparently , the premise of the competition seems that the contestants are supposed to already know how to cook like a five-star gourmet, chef, reality of is enduring whatever crap they throw at them ( which really is just marketing, and viewers picking favorites) . Ironically enough, most of the bread-winners (no pun intended) never went though a competition like this, and they have too much self-entitlement in their own personal successes to actually give a shit about improving them as an aspiring chef longing to host a show on Food Network-or rather, "A Network, and Then Some Food"

• Giada - PUT SOME CLOTHES ON - IT'S A FAMILY SHOW!

3.5
    The judges on the show are supposed to be known for their Cooking Talent - Not how much flesh they can show. I mean really is Giada a chef or does she want to be a runway model. It is disturbing to try and watch the show with my family and constantly have the camera looking up her dress under the judging table or having her breast shown off in front of the camera! It is truly making us not want to watch the show anymore. Keep the show about the talent - not about Giada's flesh!! She is phony acting anyway. Get a real chef that we can look up to for their talent and quit trying to make it like Desperate Housewives or something!
  • You're not a young woman any more

Giada Dear, your short skirts and vastly exposed chest are not flattering at all. It's obvious that you're beginning to age, as we all must sooner or later. It was almost painful to watch you on last night's episode. You looked like a talented, intelligent culinary expert compromising her dignity.
  • I'd rather watch any one of these people than the Pioneer Woman

I just have one question, how does a no-talent airhead like the Pioneer Woman snag her own cooking show without being vetted whatsoever, and these people have to jump through flaming effing hoops while simultaneously cooking something edible for the entire freaking network? I tried watching her show ONCE and I wanted to claw my eyes out. This network has lost all credibility.
  • GIADA

IRON CHEF bobby flay owns multiple restaurants and has about a gazillion shows on the food network channel and he is all over the other food network channel. alton brown also has a bunch of shows he hosts (good eats, cutthroat kitchen and iron chef.... to name a few) plus he knows EVERYTHING about food. i mean he is on a genius level when it comes to knowing about every product, what it is, where it comes from, what will go with what etc. need i say more about these two being mentors in searching for the next food network star! but GIADA???? WHY DID THEY PICK HER!!! she has one, maybe two sometimes, shows on far as i know, she is a stay at home mom (there is nothing wrong with that) but she doesn't own any restaurants, she doesn't do any other show, she doesn't host or judge anything else besides NFNS. i mean there is no comparison between the 3 of them. food network should have picked someone else for this job. just to name a few IRON CHEF alex guarnaschelli, rachel ray, ina garten etc... they had so many choices and i don't think she is the right person for the job. she seems kind of stuck up, with no patience, she barely ever has something good/nice to say it seems. im almost ready to stop watching because of her. plus, she always stays in her comfort zone by almost always making italian food. how about one of the wonderful, full of knowledge and can cook anything they are handed, women i mentioned. i think she should be replaced either by rachel ray or alex g. im just not on the giada bandwagon but i love bobby and alton, one last thing, idk what happened the year that justin won and why his show wasn't produced but i do know that i liked that format of mentoring better than last year. the mentors really connected with their contestants. i mean when we saw alton break down when justin and the other girl were both picked as finalists in his group (unfortunately i can't remember her was it Marnie???). it was heart warming. it showed that they really connected and they wanted them to become the best chef (win or lose) that they could be. last year left me feeling that they didn't care as much. idk how to explain it but it just seemed they didn't have as much time with their mentors. the year justin won was the best format of the show, you could see the mentors really believed in the person who was up for elimination, if they continue with how they did the show last year, i know that they just lost one viewer, and food network executives replace giada with someone who has a wider range of knowledge and is more caring and sensitive and that has more than one show she is on. I MEAN IS SHE REALLY THE MOST QUALIFIED WOMAN FOR THE JOB?????? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
< 1 2