The Next Food Network Star

Sunday 9:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jun 05, 2005 In Season

layle1

The Next Food Network Star Fan Reviews (99)

6.3
  • Loved season 13 except Giada's Stripper show

Tired of Giada thinking she is on some kind of stripper show. This is supposed to be a cooking show and a family show and she chooses to dress like this?

Other than that, love the show. Really wish Rusty would've taken it!

I give the show a 7, once they get rid of Giada, the show will be a 10! Especially if they put Ann as a judge, lol.
  • Jason!!!

Jason is by far the absolute best on this show!! He needs his show whether he wins or loses!!! He has such a great personality and is so fun to watch!!
  • Mathew

1.5
    He is the best! No Mathew? I will not watch this program anymore.
  • Food network star

For the network : I watch Food Network all the time, but I will NEVER watch Matthew on anything.
  • FN got it wrong!

Matthew is the best! His videos and tips are excellent! He is engaging and informative. Keep it up Matthew!
  • Don't like any of the finalist

I don't care which one wins because I wouldn't watch any of their shows. I'm sorry but I disagree with the people who do not like Matthew. He tried very hard to improve this season and I think he did change. There is no way that Rusty should have been chosen over Matthew to go to the final 3.
  • Matthew

I really can't stand Matt and his smacking lips and his arrogance. He needs to go. I would not watch his show or the show he does a guess spot on. Instant channel change.
  • Rooting for Jason

Jason is not only a great cook, but has personality plus! I'd watch any show he's on. As far as Matthew is concerned, I'd turn him off immediately. He thinks he's the greatest. I've got news for him. He's not! I agree with the rest of the reviews about Gisda's boobs. Too much cleavage.
  • Smug Matthew and Giada's boobs - ENOUGH with all 3!

I literally cannot stand to watch that smug ass, arrogant Matthew anymore, so I was very glad to see people on this post agree.

As for Giada... c'mon, is it really necessary to have every piece of clothing to be so freaking low that 80% of your boobs are showing? Is she going clubbing after every taping? Does she think she is competition with the Kardashians? Is she trying to dual use her Tinder profile outfits on this show?

Women have a hard enough time being taken seriously by some people in this industry and these outfits are not helping the cause.
  • Will Someone please start a new cooking network that actually involves cooking?

I totally agree with Matt Really. I cannot stand Matt and would absolutely NEVER watch a show with him as host. this is not to mention the fact that he cannot cook. He is a totally slimy,arrogant person. However, I imagine Giada is happy now that there are no women in the finals who might be competion for her and her always on display boobs.
  • MATT REALLY

I CAN HARDLY STAND TO WATCH THE SHOW BECAUSE OF THAT SMIRKING PUNK MATT. I WOULD NEVER WATCH A SHOW WITH HIM HOSTING. HE IS THE RUDEST SMARTA** SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE HIM DOWN. I AM SO SURPRISED FOOD NETWORK HAS NOT TALKED TO HIM ABOUT HOW HE TREATS AND TALKS TO THE OTHERS ON THE SHOW. HE IS SHOWING KIDS IT'S OK TO CUT ANYONE WHO MIGHT OUT DO HIM HE MAKES ME SICK. THE OTHER IS GIADA'S BOOBS, ENOUGH OF THAT GOOD FOR HER SHE HAS A GOOD SURGEON BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM ANYMORE. BOBBY IS SO DRY HE IS SO INTO HIMSELF. YOU JUST NEED NEW HOSTS FOR NEXT SEASON.
  • Disgusting!

This is supposed to be a family show? It's all about Giada's boobs. I don't want my family or guests watching this! Disgusting!
  • Giada's Dress

Giada seems very proud of her breasts. This show however is not about her cleavage. I'm very disappointed with the Food Network for allowing her to dress in such a provocative manner.
  • Ginormous food - gross

Making ginormous food is disgusting! The wastefulness of throwing away the 7/8 part of the food that can't be eaten is wasteful and shameful! With the push Food Network has done to educate people about the amount of food waste for not-pretty food that the network does around thanksgiving (At minimum) should be a basic conflict of interest with this concept.

This is so in conflict with the No Kid Hungry initiative too! Stick to the message that reflects your corporate ethics!
  • Bad taste

Giada's dress is cut way too low. This is a family show ! They have desciplined other contestants for "exposure", she needs to change clothes. I don't want my boys to watch, she looks cheap!
  • What A Shame

I don't understand how that woman moved on when her steak was raw. There was nothing wrong with with the shrimp and grits. I don't get it.
  • NEED NEW JUDGES

I used to LOVE the Next Food Network Star, but the judges have such blah personalities that they lose my interest. Bobby is so popular, and while I understand he's a great cook, he's severely lacking in charisma. Giada is all teeth and bosoms, which she loves to show. Even if you don't replace Booby, PLEASE replace Giada. She doesn't have the personality to hold attention - perhaps that's why she dresses like she does, which is embarrassing. I don't understand why the network executives allow such low-cut dresses on a family show. She may be a good cook - I don't know since her shows never hold my interest - but she's not authorative enough and she's not believable as an expert.

Please bring someone else on to judge. Perhaps that woman with the blond spiked hair who used to help restaurants select their next chef? She's everything Giada is not: authorative, with personality. She's believable, AND holds my attention.
  • Narcistic judges

While many people love the cooking competions I am constantly disappointed with the judges who seem more interested in telling the world how smart they are than properly evaluating the competition. They can look at a wonderful effort and make a snide comment about it being improved if it had some obscure seasoning. It would be fun to see these judges gathered in competition and judged harshly. It would even be more fun to have a surprise comedy routine with comedians as judges who would make comments such as "I can't eat this crap or I would rather go to McDonald's ". It would make me happy to see these judges learn a little humility.
  • Where's the option to delete my post

You won't let me delete it, you only let me edit it. So therefore I will edit it to say that I want it to be deleted.
  • Giada needs a stylist- and a lot more!

If Giada has a stylist, she needs a new one! She's usually showing too much cleavage no matter what show she's on. Tonight, that blue dress, while covering everything, has those flappy attachments that look ridiculous! And her hair is bad! Look in a mirror before going on camera, especially before being critical of contestants on camera performance.
  • Contestants attitude

I love food channel generally , i watched food network star last year too.

Damiano should've won the previous season.

Bobby is really a professional judge but Giada!!! Chill n stop eyeballing bobby so obvious how much she likes him but u don't have to show it that much

That contestant mama suzan with her stack up attitude,chill u haven't won yet!! She irritates me

Aside from that good luck for the rest

• OFF TO A GOOD START! BUT PLEASE - CONTESTANTS - QUIT SAYING 'HI GUYS!"

I really enjoy this show and watching them meeting the challenges presented as they vie for their own show. Only one thing I wish they would stop. Quit saying "HI GUYS! when they start their video presentations. I AM NOT A GUY! Just a "Welcome" or "Hi"..... be original.
  • I disagree

1.5
    The show has not been interesting since the whole format has been changed. Had the three groups which was all wrong. Then just those two judging. What happened to the way it used to be when it first came on????? Loved it. Now boring. And damio or whatever his name is aint no better than the others. Lots of folk is used to italion food anyway, is that why everyone else who is different is not wanted? Same crap on foodntwork. No ethnicity, or different people or shows at all. same stuff. Glad something (different is there).
  • Please Replace Giada

Giada is not professional at all. She dresses inappropriately as a judge. She tries to make it about her appearance instead of the contestants who, wonders of wonders, all dress appropriately for the show. I'm assuming the reason she chooses to dress provocatively is she is either immature or not very bright. She doesn't understand dressing for success. She sets woman back by dressing too sexy for the show. Keep your fake boob covered when on TV. Save it for an adult atmosphere. Would it be okay for Bobby Flay to dress in a muscle man shirt?? Please replace her with a professional chef.
  • Wrong choice for the winner

Damiano. That is who the viewers want to watch.
  • Predetermined from the Start

I no longer care to watch this There was no way that Tregaye should have won over Damiano. And for Damiano to go out first out of the three? Come on! Even Tia Mowry exclaimed about seeing ratings when she saw and heard him. I guess food network doesn't really care what the viewers think! The forces giggling and guffaws at Tregays nonsense was obvious. She wasn't funny. She isn't cute with her fake hair flipping and overly used phrases. I think she's obnoxious and Ill spoken. Apparently what food network doesn't understand, is that she's off putting enough to those of us consumers that can afford to spend money on the advertiser's products. Cookware, high end food, meal services... They are not for the fleek generation. I take it since we couldn't vote this year, that you already had your winner planned out. I fail to see any entertainment value in her upcoming show, and I also fail to see where there's an audience that would really like to hear about Poppin food and her "unique" take on fusion and making it cute. I didn't feel she should have even been able to make a pilot. Giada made sure she said they're just going to be judged on that one thing. Seriously? You really expect us to believe all that. I am glad you guys are all over tregaye because I'm pretty sure that the viewing audience will not be.
  • FNS winner was wrong

Terrible FNS result; Tragae was extremely annoying and should NOT have won and I will NOT watch her show EVER. Damiano should have won.
  • Finale Gone Wrong

I firmly believe that giada and Bobby were sorely mistaken in not choosing Damiano as the winner. He was the only one of those three finalists that I'd be willing to watch. What happened to the viewers being able to vote on who they wanted as the winner? Aren't our opinions the ones that really matter in the end? Damiano was interesting and different and did the best overall on the show in the long run not only in food but in presentation. I really enjoyed watching him grow throughout the show and always looked forward to seeing him present his food. I'm only a teenager and only really watch the food network for food network star but I definitely would have started watching Damiano's show had he had one after winning food network star. I also know for a fact he would've also appealed to my age group and given the food network even more viewers and good ratings. Although I respect trigaye, I'm super disappointed in the judges' choice to not make him the winner and give him the opportunity to make it big and make the food network even bigger.
  • Bad Choice

The only contestant who really deserved to win and whose program I would have watched was Damiano. I will MOST DEFINITELY NOT watch the overbearing, obnoxious, loud mouth Tregaye. She is neither funny nor cute like she thinks she is. Bobby and Giadda what were you thinking??? The tv audience should be able to vote also, after all, they would be the ones wanting to watch the show.
  • Finals

I think you made the wrong chose. Domiano should have been the new foodnetwork star. There are so many home cooking shows and cagin shows. I record most of the food network programs and only have one italien show. Nick Stallino. No pastries though.