A The Night Shift Community
Monday 10:00 PM on NBC

The cast of The Night Shift better be getting paid overtime, because NBC just announced it has renewed the series for Season 2, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Co-creator Gabe Sachs first broke the news on Twitter Tuesday morning before eventually deleting his tweet.

The Night Shift was originally slated for a midseason debut, but NBC pushed it back to the less competitive summer schedule, and it looks like the move paid off. The series, which follows the men and women who work the overnight shift in the emergency room of San Antonio Memorial Hospital, has averaged 6.7 million viewers and a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic since its premiere on May 27. Airing in the prime post-America's Got Talent timeslot, the series will wrap up its first season on July 15.

Are you excited to experience more drama on The Night Shift?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2016

Season 3 : Episode 12

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/31/2016

Season 3 : Episode 13

20 Comments
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Nice, kept my attention all through season 1
Flag
I love this show keep up the great job.
Flag
Yeah, I love this show.
Flag
YAHOO!! Love watching this show!! Congrats!! :)
Flag
Yay, I so enjoy this show! Glad to see them back again
Flag
Really great show, so so happy. Let's make next season more than 8 episodes though.
Flag
YUP! Will be there for season 2! Love me some TC!!!!
Flag
Eoin (I wonder how you pronounce that) Macken our Sir Gwaine of Merlin is AWESOME
Flag
I agree, I wasn't sure how I'd like it having loved him as Gwaine but he does TC so well!
Flag
it's pronounced "Owen". he was born and raised in Dublin, Youtube his interviews, it makes the American accent he uses for the show seem all the more impressive.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
:) I really love this show and I took the risk and to invested so I'm thrilled
Flag
This is an adaptation of the stellar 80s comedy starring Henry Winkler and Michael Keaton as pimps/morticians, right?
Flag
if only
Flag
I think it is an average show and I like most of the cast. I am not sure if I will watch season two. It depends on what is on next summer.

If it were on during regular TV season, I doubt I will have time to watch it. Other shows will get priority.
Flag
the show's fine enough, but renewal was kind of a surprise, didn't think it's get one. Jill Flint and Eoin Macken are better than this.
Flag
It's fine summer fare--have you seen Under the Dumb? I'm okay with it.
Flag
Okay, I've been watching this, but it's not worth a renewal. In fact, it's taking up valuable years of actors lives who could be working on something, anything better, or even just looking for better work would be a better use of their time.
Flag
This shows has all the hallmarks of a 'filler' show but it must be cheap enough for NBC to use for any schedule holes that may arise you know when overhyped shows fail for example...
Flag
It's so bad, I lasted half of episode 1. The dialogue was just incredibly stressed and for the actors it must've taken forever to learn everything.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members