The Nine Lives of Chloe King Forums

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Nine Lives of Chloe King cancelled at ABC Family

mlauzon

[1]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 8

ABC Family is cancelling freshman series Nine Lives of Chloe King, sources say.

The show was based on the book series by Liz Braswell about a girl who discovers that she is a descendant of an ancient race with cat-like powers.

The news comes as ABC Family is expected to order a pilot from Gilmore Girls writer Amy Sherman-Palladino called Strut, about a Las Vegas showgirl (take that Pat Robertson!) who marries a Texan and becomes a instructor for a misfit high school drill team. Network also expected to order an action-drama pilot Intercept about college crime fighters.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/15/nine-lives-of-chloe-king-cancelled/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jack756

[2]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 14
    mlauzon wrote:

ABC Family is cancelling freshman series Nine Lives of Chloe King, sources say.

The show was based on the book series by Liz Braswell about a girl who discovers that she is a descendant of an ancient race with cat-like powers.

The news comes as ABC Family is expected to order a pilot from Gilmore Girls writer Amy Sherman-Palladino called Strut, about a Las Vegas showgirl (take that Pat Robertson!) who marries a Texan and becomes a instructor for a misfit high school drill team. Network also expected to order an action-drama pilot Intercept about college crime fighters.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/15/nine-lives-of-chloe-king-cancelled/

this sucks but i knew it was coming.the problem i had with the show was they keep that love thing going between chloe and alex and brain which suck(guys hate storeis like that and the show wasnt focusing on the rgiht group of ppl b/c by no means is this a show for kids)..

when btvs(buffy the vampire slayer) first came on they focus on mythologhy then the love stories.the 9 lives of chloe king did things backwards.

so for me the show failed b/c it didnt focus on the right audience which should hva ebeen adults,and they didnt take time to focus on the myhtology of the show first instead they focus on the love stories.

the cw should have pick up this show.wow is it me or does it seem shows are only safe on the cw now b/c the 9 lives of chloe king ratings would have been ok for the cw.

wenel

[3]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 2
    I really hate this. I was looking forward to seeing the next season. I was hoping that they would fix their problem about Chloe choosing Brian (that was really stupid) he was so BORING. Chloe and Alex could have been so great together.

mlauzon

[4]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    The one thing I will say, is it's been a good year for genre (scifi, fantasy, etc) television, even though some of the shows will be cancelled.

Todd_Gray

[5]Oct 24, 2011
    • level: 5
    Too bad.

It had potential, but the writing just wasn't the best it could have been in season 1 IMO.

Guess I'll delete this page from my favorites then.

saphire382

[6]Oct 26, 2011

not surprised at all. i stopped watching after episode three, even when i had nothing to do

MirandaShinkm

[7]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 1

no body cares about a new show called strut. we want Chloe King back. It's dumb to cancel one show just to bring on another one that will probably suck. why don't you take out make it or break it or maybe even switched at birth that both suck and bring back the good shows like Chloe King and 10 Things I Hate About You.

Venny55

[8]Nov 22, 2011

No this can't be true!!!!!!!

Nerdnot

[9]Nov 29, 2011
    I am sorry to all the fans out there! I was planning to watch it, but didn't for some reason. Just thought the pilot was bad(which all are) and i never returned to it for some reason.

silverfoxy8472

[10]Dec 3, 2011

This sucks ...they setup a season where Chloe was gonna change and I KNOW IT...after all the deaths around her? It was time for WAR and the truth to out about thefeudbecause something felt wrong about it something felt likesomeonemanipulated both sides a third faction one that was not seen and not the coyotes or whoever they were. someone who had bigger designs using the coyotes as minions sooo much potential wasted.

ShawnNolan

[11]Dec 5, 2011

Of course the network idiots are cancelling it. Its only one of the best shows on t.v. They tend cancel the really good ones in the first season. It was too perfect and nice for t.v. no ghouls under the misnomer of zombies, and not enough cop drama to make it a hit. Or not enough sexuality. And no reality t.v. In other words it was a great show. All the best scifi and fantasy gets overlooked by the big money small minded networks.

SandraHouser

[12]Mar 9, 2012

I JUST NOW found out the NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING has been Cancelled!!!

Why can't we have more family type shows that we like? It is so WRONG to

get us interested....then BOOM....Its gone. I also like Merlin! Bring back

Nine Lives of Chloe King! There is so much we never got to find out the

WHY, of? Let it be known if you want it back. Please ask for its return!

SandraHouser

[13]Mar 9, 2012
    All of you are SOOOOO right!

TelmaCruz

[14]Jan 20, 2013

i want this show back nine lives of chloe king and cecret cicle pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee