The Nine

All About Eva

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 01, 2006 on ABC

• Nick investigates Eva Rio's past in an emotional episode.

What an episode really. This episode shows how great this show is. The acting in this episode was superb. The girl that played Eva Rios, Lourdes Benedicto was outstanding. A hear-wrenching that shows you as Nick said how some special people can come into your life then leave. I know Nick didn’t honestly want to believe Eva was involved in the bank holdup, but as a cop he had to follow the lead. He finally learned the truth, but still learning the truth still hurt because Eva was gone.

Malcolm, meanwhile tries to help the widow of the security guard, Tom, killed in the holdup. Another sad but excellent commentary on corporate society. This guy served 12 years as a security guard, but the bank shameless think he’s life is just worth $43,000. However, the disgusting truth doesn’t stop there, as Malcolm mentions to the bank executive how numerous emails and attempts were made to tell the bank to reinforce security but all the bank did was ignore those warnings.

Meanwhile a hearing is setup for Lucas and Randall (the criminals who held the bank). Felicia Jones (Malcolm’s daughter) is questioned because she visited Randall. However, that turns out to be a dead end for the defense as Felicia just mentions that Randall was
    Less of an evil person than his brother.

Anyhow, this episode was terrific. What sticks out here is the attraction, lost and potential love that could have been with Nick and Eva. Tim Daly and Lourdes Benedicto give grade A performances in the last scene that will leave you in tears.
  • With suspicion cast on Eva, several of the Nine think about to interaction s with her that make her seem involved with the robbery.

My least favorite episode to date, it\'s still a solid episode that I do wish had a different ending. But maybe it\'s all a decoy for a later episode.

It was great to see the actress who played Eva get more screen time, as she does a great job with the role. It was especially nice to see how anything, not matter how innocent, can seem suspicious if looked at in the right light.

I suspect this episode intentionally put Kathryn and Nick together in light of the rift that tore them apart in the last episode. They do not come up with anything solid, but quite a bit of circumstantial evidence.

I don\'t buy Franny\'s reason for Eva changing her plane thicket so much, though., It costs quite a bit of money to do that, and Eva not only doesn\'t have a lot of money, but doesn\'t strike me a frivolous enough to change the dates just in case Nick might ask her out. SO I am holding out hope fore this to come up later and for Eva to not be completely dropped as a potential insider.

But all in all, an interesting episode with great acting and production quality.
  • Time Marches On

This episode of "the Nine" is four weeks after the hostage crisis at the bank and the nine people in the bank continue to cope with life and for some, it won't going to be easy. some are planning for the trail that will probaby happen in the May sweeps. It could be the February sweeps, but if you ask me, it will be probaby be in the May sweeps. there's nothing much to say except that the nine is getting on with their lives. The flash of the bank hostage is still in it's first hour, hopefully, it will move on to the second hour next week, or next month.