The Nine Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Will we ever find out how the story ends???

jade38

[1]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    Since the show was cancelled indefinitely?? does anyone know if they filmed more episodes, and I wonder why can't they have them available online like other shows that were pulled, such as Vanished, and Kidnapped.......at least we were able to see the story come to an end by viewing it online.  The Nine's storyline was interesting, and I just wish they could take us through the rest of it, online if not on TV. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

minimax34

[2]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 58
    It's not cancelled but on Hiatus. ABC announces that the show should be back lather this year.

There is a blog post on the show main page about it..

DeeMonstar

[3]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    jade38 wrote:
    Since the show was cancelled indefinitely?? does anyone know if they filmed more episodes, and I wonder why can't they have them available online like other shows that were pulled, such as Vanished, and Kidnapped.......at least we were able to see the story come to an end by viewing it online. The Nine's storyline was interesting, and I just wish they could take us through the rest of it, online if not on TV.
    Unfortunately, no.

They shot all thirteen episodes but the last episode they filmed didn't answer everything since they expected to get a full 22 episode season, so things will be left unfinished if we ever see the remaining episodes. I know I will, The Nine starts airing in New Zealand sometime soon.

The-Jaxter

[4]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 6

First Invasion then Day Break Now the nine.

:Note to TV companys

Don't start a show if you don't plan to show the rest of it.

Liria

[5]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    I was at least hoping to see all the eps they filmed, but here in Brazil, they stopped at "Outsiders" and are just showing reruns...

djkltt12

[6]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    You are lucky, Here in the U.S. they aren't even showing re-runs.

Elefifiro

[7]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 14
    It will air for the first time next week here in france. I don't know if we will have more episodes but I don't think they would have bought a seven-episode-series it wouldn't last long enough to be profitable. I'll let you know if there are other episodes aired here.

Tarfax

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 9
    Episode 12 out of 13 was aired this night in Sweden. So hopefully you could find some on the internet, or worst case scenario, you will see the last eps back in the U.S anytime soon.

SoylentYellow

[9]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 21

They are apparently going to air the final 6 episodes starting August 1st. Never saw this one. Sounds dull. Besides, once these 6 air, its over for good; so whats the point?

http://tvtracker.com/daily_ratings.php

The Nine Returns on ABC:
    Failed fall 2006 drama The Nine, which exited on Wednesday, Nov. 22 after just seven telecasts, will return to ABC in its former time period - Wednesday at 10 p.m. - to burn-off its remaining six episodes beginning on Aug. 1.

MikeDenis

[10]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    Episodes 11, 12 & 13 aired tonight in Belgium

gregorysam

[11]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 4
    MikeDenis wrote:
    Episodes 11, 12 & 13 aired tonight in Belgium
    Can you please say is there a conclusion after the 13 episode is it worth watching? is there a clif hanger? a major one? was there suppose to be 22 episodes? If someone didnt watch the show would you sugguest that someone watch all these episodes or would they end up being diapointed (for reasons like clifhangers or any other reasons, maybe they get worse)

Kristinbirds

[12]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 1
    It was with bittersweet pleasure that I watched the first of the final episodes of The Nine. It reminded me of what a superb show this was. It is definitely one of the best television shows I've seen in a long time. What a tragedy that ABC had so little vision. It refused to stay the course a little while longer and help a high quality show like this catch on. I have no doubt that the haste with which networks cancel shows has an effect on first year viewership of programming. Cancelling shows so quickly angers many viewers, and I am quite sure it keeps ratings low for first-year shows. What fool would watch a new show, knowing that no matter how good it is, it may easily be cancelled after only a few episodes? This seems neither sensible nor fair. I am becoming reluctant to invest my time and emotional energy in first-year shows, and I'll bet I'm not alone in this. Networks should stand behind quality shows like this, and make every effort to help them catch on. ABC was definitely too quick to pull the plug on this treasure. Unfortunately, it seems that destructive, short-sighted greed dominates in the decision process of the networks. What a shame! For those of you familiar with Jericho's narrow reprieve, I'm sorry we the fans of The Nine didn't send nuts to the brass at ABC! Is that what it takes for fans to be heard on programming decisions? I say bring back The Nine!!!

azsunnygrl

[13]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 6
    I totally agree with you that the networks are too quick to pull shows. I complained to ABC about the horrid way they broadcast Six Degrees. The message I got from them was basically thanks for sharing. I thought The Nine had an interesting premise and a great cast. I am glad that ABC is broadcasting the remaining episodes, even if they leave us all hanging.

LBF522

[14]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    I wish networks would give shows a chance like they used to and not pull the plug quite to early.

redfiretruck

[15]Aug 16, 2007
    I know- I really, really want to find out what happened inside that bank.

seVen_S

[16]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yup, after the Black Donnellys (sp?) got canceled I quit watching new TV series.

singme_tosleep

[17]Sep 1, 2007
    After watching the episodes ABC has up, I feel somewhat satisfied with how it is left. There is one question that's bugging about the events in the bank (at least the only one I can think of) still left unanswered and that's what happened to Kathryn's hair. There are several things left open, but mostly regarding the character's personal lives. I would to have seen what Malcolm decided, and how the rest of the group would have reacted to the "big twist" they revealed in the final episode. I personally didn't buy it as a plot point, but it seemed fairly clear that's what the writers had in mind from early on. But it still seemed a little too far-fetched for me.
    Edited on 09/01/2007 12:07pm

shaneyo

[18]Sep 6, 2007

ABC may have aired all 13 episodes, but it surely didn't tie up the storyline. You can tell it was cancelled before they had a chance to end it. There's definately room for a season 2, they didn't give this the time it needed.

mecco15

[19]Sep 8, 2007

I agree, The Nine was a fabulous show with a great cast!

Has anyone been able to find Episode 9 (You're being Watched) online ANYWHERE? I can't find it! ABC.com has from 10 to 12 but that's it.

HELP!!!