The Nine

ABC (ended 2007)

The Nine Fan Reviews (52)

• 9 people in a robbery, who cares!!!

I\\\\\\\'ve actually already seen this, except it was called \\\\\\\"S.F.W.\\\\\\\", starred Reese Witherspoon and Stephen Dorff, and used the fact that the entire hostage situation was on video, in order to get around the \\\\\\\"flashbacks\\\\\\\". It wasn\\\\\\\'t that good then, and I somehow doubt it\\\\\\\'ll be all that good this time around either.This show is trying to compete with LOST with all of its mystries and suspense, but how long can a show like this stay on for. It is stupid and it is right after LOST and every show that aired after LOST got cancled. They even are showing flashbacks witch is the #1 LOST did that made it so popular. This show is trying to be the new LOST and I hope it gets cancled for that.
  • Boring and somewhat ridiculous

2.2
    I didn\'t see the first two episodes but I thought the third installment was so boring I changed the channel 2/3 of the way through. The corny (very unrealistic) scene of sliding the cellphone back and forth across the bank floor told me that the writing is at best second rate.
  • Interesting show, but unfortunately, they chose the wrong format for it, it should\'ve been a movie, not a tv show.

This would make an excellent movie, a 2 1/2 hours movie, or even a minisseries, but to make it into a series, it\'s gonna be awful, every episode they are gonna give some scrap of story of what happened in the bank and some hint of how the relations changed, we already know who died and who lived, you can also have a pretty good idea of how it changed each person, because they just can\'t give a minor scrap of story in the pilot.

This show is very limited, in the middle of the season, if the show is still running, they are gonna invent new stories and ridiculous twists, like in the show \'Lost\'.

The show has a very good cast tho, good dialogue, the scenes are very badly cut, at the end of each scene looked like the episode just ended and some scenes looked fake, which just can\'t happen in a show like this.

While I was seeing the pilot, I repeat, I was thinking how this would make an excellent movie, kinda remembered me of Spike Lee\'s \'Inside Man\', instead I can see a pathetic ending for the show with them creating all sort of ridiculous things to keep it running longer, otherwise people will add \'2 + 2\' and it\'ll be very predictable.
  • Something about The Nine didn't click...

4.7
    Don't get me wrong, I found The Nine interesting at times. It wasn't awful, like most of the Lost rip-offs out there. The premise was interesting: nine random people get taken hostage for 52 hours by bank robbers. What happened during those 52 hours were revealed gradually during flashbacks and how the those hours in living hell affected the people's lives were the jist of the show. Fine. Sounds good enough. But there was something or a combination of various elements which didn't flow properly. Could it be that almost nothing about the bank heist/hostage situation was revealed? The lack of action or that the characters knew more than the audience? Another problem with this show was that it didn't know what it wanted to be. Fans of shows which focus on character development like House, Grey's Anatomy or even Lost didn't tune in because they thought from the previews it would have a lot of action and fans of action shows like 24 or Prison Break *did* tune in but found themselves uninterested and changing the channel during the first 20 minutes due to the lack of action. This show had difficulty finding it's audience and deciding what it wanted to be - an action adventure with conspiracy and plot twists or a character drama focusing on how the nine people were affected by the hostage situation? I must say, I found it hard to stay focused on this show. And putting it behind Lost was a dumb move - two dramas which required you to think and that confuse you (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) back to back just wears the audience out.

I did not care for most of the characters. Nine characters and I didn't find a single one appealing or particularly fascinating. I found most of them obnoxious and to put it bluntly, stupid. Some of their actions just left me thinking "why did they do that?" Most of them were stock - they had no layers and were simply stereotypes.

We got very little answers about the bank robbery. The show, which was marketed as essentially Lost in a bank, focused on the aftermath of the bank robbery and the nine character's lives after being taken hostage rather than providing answers to what happened during the 52 hours. Were Kathryn & Lizzie raped? Was the robbery a conspiracy? Were some of the hostages actually involved with the bank robbery? We'll never know. It would have worked better as a mini-series - if it did get renewed, then where would they go from where they are now? They would either drag what happened during the bank robbery flashbacks over a few seasons or focus on the lives of the hostages and their relationships, which would have defeated the whole plot of the show.

The Nine is like every other Lost wannabe out there; there's nothing unique about it. People will forget about this one in a year. My advice if you haven't watched it? Be glad you skipped it.
  • After living through a hostage situation in a bank for over 2 days, 9 people's lives are changed. This show examined what happened inside (via flashbacks) and what happened after. Interesting idea, weak delivery.

6.6
    [Does not include episodes after "Outsiders"]
    I had high expectations for this show. The premise was interesting: a bank robbery/hostage situation that would be told in flashbacks with some twists along the way and then getting to see how the characters had changed since being released. Unfortunately, the execution of the show was not nearly as interesting.

For the most part, I was uninterested in most of what happened with these characters when they got out. The only question I had was why one of the couples broke up. This lucky got answered before ABC pulled the show. After that, I didn't really care whether or not it came back.

This show was meant to be a character show about the lives of the people that experienced the horror of being a hostage and how that changed them. I was more interested in what happened in the bank so this show never really grabbed me. Plus, how long could they have really drug out flashbacks to what happened in the bank?
  • My new favorite show! I think it is going to get better every week!! I can't believe that twist at the end! WOW

I am hooked on this new drama. I have to admit, after the premiere I wasn't sure how this show was going to play out. But I stuck around and gave the second episode a chance... and I am so glad I did! I think this show is amazing ... intelligent writing and acting (Kim Raver and Tim Daly are great)... what more could you ask for? If you missed the second episode I would strongly suggest watching it online. The only problem is we have to wait a whole week to find out if Randall is dead? This is so exciting!!
  • i don\'t know about you but i personally think that the pilot episode just sucked

3.9
    seriously. the beginning was good. but the rest of it sucked. who really cares. they didn\'t even show what happened. granted that they will prob show what happened in the upcoming episodes but it was just stupid. who cares what they do afterwards. and the next episode is supposed to show that there was some sort of conspiracy??? come on. this is ridiculous and just stupid
  • Please..help me...i'm so bored

I watched the first two episodes. I heard great things. I ended up really bored. I was expecting some shocking twists and turns, but instead I was bored. The show isn't terrible, it just needs some a kick in the junk to get it moving. I know it's only been two episodes, but that's the time to grab the viewer. Lost grabbed us with its first five minutes. Heroes grabbed us at the end of the second episode with a huge shocking twist. I think this show is hiding it's big secrets for a later time, but i dont think i can wait that long
  • I don't get it.

when I heard about The Nine I thought is was going to be a great show. Don't get me wrong its not a terrible show but I don't know how they are going to keep it up. So far I haved been bored out of my mind. I keep watching the show hoping that it will get better but so far its hasn't. I just don't understand what else they are going to give or brink to the show to keep people watchings it. Whatever they are doing its not doing it form me so I give the show a 5.
  • Unfortunately, I was hugely disappointed with this show. I do not plan to tune in next week.

5.5
    I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. I had to convince myself to keep watching the entire episode, that it might get better, but for me, it just didn't. The only possible interest I took in the show was the possiblity of a romance between Kim Raver's character and Tim Daly's character. John Billingsley's character (Egan) was SOOO annoying. I don't think I could watch the show in the future just because of him. In any case, I hope the show does well because there does seem to be a lot of people who love the show. I really don't understand though how the show could last for a few years based on an event that has happened at the beginning or the series.
  • It is ok.

6.2
    The nine is a ok TV show. But it is not the best drama on TV. The best drama is 24 or Lost. It is a little boring. I mean it is also slow. kind of like Jericho and Jericho is slow. The reason I sit threw it is becase someone form 24 plays on it. other wise I would not bother with watching. These show also needs to think Lost. Becase I didn't know it was come on. If i hadnt watched Lost. It really needs to think 24 and Lost. That is i have to say about it.

6.7
    [Does not include episodes after "Outsiders"]

This show was meant to be a character show about the lives of the people that experienced the horror of being a hostage and how that changed them. I was more interested in what happened in the bank so this show never really grabbed me. Plus, how long could they really have drug out the flashbacks to explain what happened in the bank?
  • I think it deserved a chance

I was not suprised when it was cancelled. I do think however it deserved a fighting chance. The story was just starting to get interesting. Now we will never know what actually happened to everyone in the bank. I feel about the same as I did when they cancelled Reunion last season. Just a little bummed out.
  • good show

Nine people, mostly strangers to each other, are linked together when they are held hostage in a bank robbery gone wrong. In each episode, viewers learn new details of the 52 hour standoff, of which only brief snippets are seen.

The Pilot episode establishes the events which the rest of the series will embellish. Two men enter the bank, armed, and quickly restrain both the security guard and an off duty police officer. Viewers see details of what brought each person to the bank that day.

Some time after the end of the standoff, the former hostages arrange a meeting with one another in an effort to stay in touch and help each other. Various characters also form relationships apart from the group and maintain regular contact with each other during the week, while others are connected through relationships that predate the events in the bank.
  • A nice story of people held together by a tragic event. Yes it took liberties with the truth but watching these people treat each other so well and stand by each other in the aftermath of the ordeal was refreshing.

A nice story of people held together by a tragic event. Yes it took liberties with the truth but watching these people treat each other so well and stand by each other in the aftermath of the ordeal was refreshing. After a bank robbery that turned into a hostage taking. The hostages developed a bond and we see them stick by each other though life on the other side of the event. First we have the ordeal of bringing the criminals to justice and then the day to day of living with the true crime fame. Some of the former hostages have to deal with suspicion that they had something to do with robbery in the first place. I defended the show with a childish zeal but I know that was silly since the show moved too slowly to make it in prime time. Since in a move I believe was intentional by the writers to avoid the fighting and gun-play of the robbery. To focus more on the characters and the out-lying stories was too slow for the general public. If you want just a simple story of good people then look for this one on dvd.
  • Honestly- I thought this should would be a new addition to my favorites list. Lately- the show has not been living up to it's hype. 9 people dealing with a tramatic event is a little, well... Boring. Where does the show plan on going??

Nine people face an unexpected twist in life when they're caught in a bank robbery and are forced to endure a 52-hour hostage stand-off -- an event that leaves several people dead. Despite going back to their "normal" lives, each member of the group comes to realize they'll likely stay linked forever. Every episode of "The Nine" will start with another 10-minute snippet of what happened inside the bank that day, slowly revealing how and why these nine strangers remain intertwined.

BRIEF HISTORY:"The Nine" is executive-produced by Hank Steinberg ("Without a Trace"), K.J. Steinberg ("Judging Amy") and Alex Graves ("The West Wing").
    STARS: * Chi McBride as Malcolm * Jessica Collins as Lizzie * Kim Raver as Kathryn * Scott Wolf as Jeremy * John Billingsley as Egan * Lourdes Benedicto as Eva * Camille Guaty as Franny * Owain Yeoman as Lucas * Dana Davis as Felicia
  • One of the most original ideas yet, not your classic lame drams over and over again. One of the best new shows out there!!

I do like this show, just not sure how long it will survive though. I mean how are they going to keep this up year after year. I mean it does have a good storyline and interesting characters. Right now it keeps you guessing cause they're slowing releasing the scene of the bank robbery. The Nine is a good show for right now, but I do agree I don't see how they're going to keep the show up in future years if it's going to survive. I'm sure the writers and producers have a way to keep this up. That's why they're paid the big bucks.
  • I\'ve heard this plot before...

I\'ve heard this plot before... Ummm yeah it was REUNION only difference every episode was a year, it was goood i hope this show don get axe \'cause it reminds me to Reunion. I have to say i would\'ve been better as one season show, mini-serie or movie. Its great plot with the robbery thing also have that LOST thing that i love. Needs fine tuning cuz maybe they\'ll have a strong competition. MISS WB lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol cya all. Dont forget to watch SUPERNATURAL. , , ,
  • Very original and uniquely done if nothing else!

Although this may never be considered a classic any time in the near future, you still have to give this brand new drama credit for its unique plot, emotional drive, and fluid writing. I only decided to watch this show because I like Kim Raver and at first I was bored by it and wondered how it could be so exciting. Now it's tying it up bit by bit by trying to show both the past and the present events all in one episode which should make you want to come back for me. Still, I can agree with some of the naysayers in that this show can be pretty slow/boring among other things but it shouldn't be if you think about the plot and struggles of each character. The wide array of characters are something I like about it after all: a once suicidal man who becomes the hero and finds a new meaning in life due to his friends, a young adult couple, the bank teller and her amnesiac (though sometimes annoying) daughter, a good/humble cop, and a prosecuter (Kim Raver). If this show is to continue, the writing has got to keep its flow and be able to keep up with how the bit-by-bit past events tie into the present-day situations. A good suspense level like Prison Break's may also be nice.
  • Great show canceled again.

I really like the premise of the show.
  • It kept me tuned in for the whole show.

I think this show has a lot of potential, but it will depend on the writers to keep us interested for the long run. After all, at some point, we're going to have the general idea of what happened in the bank, and the mystery will wear off, and then it will just depend on how much we've fallen in love with the characters. I thought that Scott Wolf's character and his girlfriend who is pregnant with his baby was an interesting storyline, but I was sad to see that he already has low morals to hop in bed with the sister of the deceased girl. I can appreciate that maybe he's unhappy in his relationship, that she was in mourning, I can understand how it happened, just not sure that I liked where that went. But it seems that the writers are not going to make a big deal of that with the way that the sister showed up for dinner at the end, all nonchalant and as if nothing took place between her and him.

I also must say, the scene where it showed Malcolm, the bank manager and father, riveted to his seat with a stone face, his arms spread out, as if all he could do was sit there and focus his entire being on protecting his daughter, who was stashed under the desk behind him - I thought that was a very powerful scene, very moving.

My verdict for "The Nine?" Definitely a better follow-up to "Lost" than "Invasion," but I just don't know how long it will last. We'll see!
  • Jeremy Kates killed the bank robber after he couldnt bring back alive one of the hostages by performing surgery. Jeremy also ended the affair he had with Franny that his girlfriend thats pregnant doesnt know about. But Jeremy doesn't know she is pregnant.

First of all....I am a huge fan of this show.Its original and entertaining.Though some parts can be dull, still alot of times I am on my toes wondering whats going to happen next. Felicia Jones so far is my favorite story line but I am a huge fan of Scott Wolf. Him getting this show is a huge boost for his acting career seeing as how Bailey Salinger in Party of Five is totally different than Jeremy Kates in The Nine. Also Camille Guaty was outstanding when her sister died infront of her. Her acting ability is way better than "Gotta kick it up" made it out to be. Ladies and Gentlemen I give this show two thumbs way way up. But I'm wondering how its going to end???
  • Liked the way they introduced each character and how they tie into each other from the shared experience. the plot was well thought out.

This one should make it through the season with out being axed. Like the characters and the way they have linked the teenager into the robbers --Great end of episode cliffhanger. Really like the way the characters interact with each other. Another nice feature of this series is the movement between past and present and the delicate balance between the characters after the trauma of the Bank robbery.
    I was worried the nine might mimic the 4400 in some ways but so far it hasn't and it doesn't copy any of the recent hits in this kind of drama. I am Optimistic it will live up to it's strong opening.
  • in France we have 13 episode, but it looks like the show did stop in the usa on the 7th episode. I love the show and i would really like to know if i'll might "rester sur ma faim"...

the show is on hiatus? But on abc they say that the show might be back in August? In france the show goes until the 13 episode does that mean that it's not the end of the season?
    Anyway, i can't wait to see the next episode!
    So bring it back!
  • This is a show that I had really become invested and was cancelled with no warning, please start this show back up or release them on dvd so we can see that rest of them. C'mon you cant treat us fans this way.

This show is great and pulls you into it, I really got a chance to watch them all online and it turned out to be a great show. So why are they not showing the remaining episodes, how can they just table this show. It was a well made show and deserved a much better fate than what it was given, and the plot twists are all over the place I cant believe you dont want to finish this season of the Nine, or at least make it available to the fans. You had a great show there, please dont give up on it.
  • The Nine is a "TEN"...The best thing on TV in quite a while.

I am very impressed with "The Nine". It is exciting, spellbinding and intense. The characters are developing in great detail, which is rare on a tv show. The directing is superb. The acting is top-notch. And the writing is just short of brilliant. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a show this much, which probably means it will be off the air by the end of the season. I would encourage everyone to watch this show and give it a chance. Cutting edge tv like this MUST be applauded and it MUST survive. Seldom do we get the chance to see television at its best, but this show gives us that chance. Enough with the "Reality TV"...This is "Real Drama" at its best. I sincely hope that the standard that this show has set for itself is maintained throughout the season.
  • Great Show

I watched the first seven episodes and bought them and was so disappointed that it was held up and not really known if it was going to be back. I was so sad and angry now that it is back I don't want it to end. The last episode was great and gave some depth to the show.

Characters are becoming people that we are starting to care about. The show can be intense at times and take us to a point of whats next. I for one will continue to watch and I hope you do to. It really is a great show.
  • I love this show. They got us caught up in this bank holdup that could truly happen to any of us. Then they leave us hanging about what went on in there.

Each week they let us know a little bit more of what happened. They gave us insight into the different characters. Not just the victims but also the criminals that held them up. They hinted of something the cops did wrong. The different twists and turns of what went on. They need to bring it back and fill in the gaps. The bonding of all the victims and how the victims try to seek out the robbers to find answers. It's time to give the fans some answers and bring back a really good mystery of what they endured in those 52 hours. It is the best new drama in a long time. ABC needs to wake up and bring the show back.
  • Why bring back Six Degrees over the Nine?

I was excited about both of these programs and after watching both pilots I decided they were both good. I continued watching them both, but by the second episode of Six Degrees I was already bored and stopped watching it. The Nine however I watched faithfully every week. I don't understand why they would bring back Six Degrees and even be considering it for another season and not do the same for the Nine. I loved that show!! It was really intriguing and pulled you in and made you want to see what was coming next! I was liking ABC before they kicked the Nine to the curb. They were really smart about Men in Trees which is a phenomenal show!! Bring the Nine back!!!!
    Please please please bring this show back! It was so good and I looked forward to it every week. Enough reality shows! This is a winner and deserves to be seen. Great characters and writing. Please bring it back. How can you start the show and get us hooked and then pull it without telling the full story? I promise to watch and i'm sure all of the fans will too. If The Nine doesn't come back on the air then Kim Raver has to return to 24 and not be dead as they have said. Please air it. please
< 1 2