The Nine

ABC (ended 2007)

The Nine Fan Reviews (52)

• A nice story of people held together by a tragic event. Yes it took liberties with the truth but watching these people treat each other so well and stand by each other in the aftermath of the ordeal was refreshing.

A nice story of people held together by a tragic event. Yes it took liberties with the truth but watching these people treat each other so well and stand by each other in the aftermath of the ordeal was refreshing. After a bank robbery that turned into a hostage taking. The hostages developed a bond and we see them stick by each other though life on the other side of the event. First we have the ordeal of bringing the criminals to justice and then the day to day of living with the true crime fame. Some of the former hostages have to deal with suspicion that they had something to do with robbery in the first place. I defended the show with a childish zeal but I know that was silly since the show moved too slowly to make it in prime time. Since in a move I believe was intentional by the writers to avoid the fighting and gun-play of the robbery. To focus more on the characters and the out-lying stories was too slow for the general public. If you want just a simple story of good people then look for this one on dvd.