The Nine

The Inside Man

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Unknown on ABC

7.9
  • Skillful suspense leading up to a satisfying conclusion.

This linear episode finally answered the question of whether someone in the bank was "in on it." The police investigations of each character, as well as their interactions with each other at the station, provided many opportunities for viewers to question the integrity of the hostages, and after a couple of red herrings, we were given a conclusive picture of exactly who knew what. Thus, several loose ends have been tied up, but Felicia's memory loss (and partial recovery) indicate that there is still more to this story.

Personally, I consider Lucas one of the more intriguing characters, so his scenes with Nick in this episode were especially compelling. Egan's rough interview lent credibility (and momentum) to the plot. The thoughtful pauses throughout the more revealing scenes helped build tension, making the viewer wonder whether there really was more going on and, if so, how much longer we would have to wait to discover the truth. Finally, the suspense led to a satisfying ending...but not without a few more questions needing answers.