The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Does any OC fans watch.......

Do you like 90210

dool_girl

[21]May 31, 2009
    • level: 27

^^ I agree to.

I mean the one that always bugged me the most about The OC was the character of Lindsey. We were supposed to believe that she wouldnt come back for Calebs funeral and that Kirsten wouldnt have attempted to keep in touch better.

Also I have a hard time believing Jimmy wouldnt have come back to be there for Julie and Kaitlin after Marissa died. I know Julie had Dr. Roberts, but I still think he would have came back then, i mean especially when he came back after Caleb died, which yes probably had more to do with money, but still Marissa was his daughter.

And then there is Hayley. I would have liked to of seen her in s3 or s4 a couple times too.

Im sure there are other characters I'm missing, well ya Luke and Anna just come to mind too.

I know that part of the problem was probably that the actors couldnt have come back, but Lindsey could have atleast been mentioned during Caleb's wedding as to why she wasnt there IMO!

Just my two cents!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]May 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^I agree on some parts with you...heres my 2 cents:

With Lindsey, what bugged me was that they had a perfect excuse for her to leave and they didnt take it. She was all distraught that Caleb wanting a test, she fled from Calebs casa, and they couldve used this as her way to flee from Newport because she was so against Newport to begin wtih and then she finally finds her father and its the epitome of Newport and he may not even be her father and hasnt acted like much of a father, etc she shouldve just left THEN. Renee would then feel so guilty about the whole thing that no matter where Lindsey would want to flee to, shed agree to it. Lindsey then wouldnt keep in touch with Ryan much after that because itd just remind her of her dad and everything that has happened in that house (same with Kirsten), so she would want a clean break. That, I can totally accept. But instead they made her do the DNA test and then almost move in with Caleb and THEN decide to move to Chicago...uhh what?? It made her look really wishy washy and pretty stupid lol. So thats how I feel on that.

With Hailey, I can understand her not seeing Kirsten much since she lives on like the other side of the world and everything. So I can sort of understand. I just dont get why shed want to live in Japan. Its nothin against Japan itself I just dont really see Hailey living there. Maybe someplace like NYC, which would still make sense as to the little time we see of her. My brother only lives one state over and I see him maybe 2-3 time a year, and I get the impression we are closer than K/H but Im not sure.

With Jimmy I TOTALLY agree. That has always bugged me more than anything on the show. They bring him back at weird times and the times he should be back he isnt. I made a thread here sometime not too long ago talking about things you would change and that was #1 on my list, lol

dool_girl

[23]Jun 1, 2009
    Wow I totally agree about Lindsey, I had never really thought of it that way. Thats kind of similar to Johnny. Like to me his story should have completely ended after the episode the Safe Harbor, it was a pretty fitting ending, but nooo he had to drag on for even more episodes!

O well

stellarchick86

[24]Jun 2, 2009
    dool_girl wrote:
    Like to me his story should have completely ended after the episode the Safe Harbor, it was a pretty fitting ending, but nooo he had to drag on for even more episodes!

I feel the same way about that too!! I really wished if they just had to break Maryan up, they do it over Trey or something else entirely, rather than yet another guy with contrived drama to get them apart.

sellie12

[25]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 18
    Let's just say this, The OC was very versatile. I mean, sure their storylines weren't completely original but they took it to places where no one would've expected. (i.e. Marissa snorting the coke, Marissa DYING, Marissa shooting Trey, Summer going all eco-friendly, the Oliver-arc) Whereareas, most shows outcomes would've been predictable. Everytime I watch 90210, I'm like, "Oh! I knew that was going to happen!". It's predictable, the OC wasn't so predictable, therefore it was better, IMO.

stellarchick86

[26]Jun 5, 2009
    sellie12 wrote:
    Let's just say this, The OC was very versatile. I mean, sure their storylines weren't completely original but they took it to places where no one would've expected. (i.e. Marissa snorting the coke, Marissa DYING, Marissa shooting Trey, Summer going all eco-friendly, the Oliver-arc) Whereareas, most shows outcomes would've been predictable. Everytime I watch 90210, I'm like, "Oh! I knew that was going to happen!". It's predictable, the OC wasn't so predictable, therefore it was better, IMO.

Exactly! In my opinion, its like they took SLs from the original 90210 and OTH and just had different actors. The only thing Ive seen so far thats different is Adrianna actually have her baby and walking around school with it rather than just a pregnancy scare or an abortion. If Annie does end up killing someone than that will be original too but in my opinion they will just have them hurt badly, because they cant have one of their main characters (whos a teen!) kill someone, I think. Sort of like Marissa shooting Trey. We all assumed he'd be dead but the next episode it was just he was hurt badly.

dool_girl

[27]Jun 8, 2009
    Yes your right the OC wasnt very predictable...I mean Im sure they were at times, but I cannot even count all the times I was shocked during that show! I remember being so positive Trey would be dead! I was shocked when he wasnt. And then I was and still am frankly shocked they killed Marissa off. I went the whole off-season telling myself that she would somehow live I think im still in denial from it!

CWer1992

[28]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think you can't really complain about characters coming in and out thats the actors faults!But atleast they brought back Luke and Anna to finish their stories.

stellarchick86

[29]Jun 19, 2009
    CWer1992 wrote:
    I think you can't really complain about characters coming in and out thats the actors faults!

As far as I know, the only person who they had to write off was Amanda Righetti (Hailey) because she was going to be on that 'North Shore' show. Everyone else they purposely wrote off- they started it with Luke because they didnt know where else to take him and felt he served his purpose I guess, then with Anna because they didnt know what else to do with her and how to write for a girl who wasnt like a main character or something along those lines. Everyone after that (Johnny, Alex, Zack, etc) they wrote for the same type reasons- because they didnt know what else to do with them and they wanted fresh faces for the next season. Even Tate Donovan (Jimmy) as far as I know was because they wrote him off, not because he wanted off. Same with Alan Dale.

tripi1003

[30]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 8

the oc was my favorite show all the way up to when it ended, the summer afterwards i started watching one tree hill from the beginning - i became addicted in a similar way i had been with the oc, but in whole honest truth i ended up liking one tree hill even more and now currently am watching it live, the storylines flow better and it's done something right by still being on the air, seventh season this fall - even with characters leaving, i'm still excited

since the show ended though to fill my void of no oc, i watch one tree hill, gossip girl, greek, and i do watch the new 90210 as well - out of all those shows, 90210 is easily the worst yet i do enjoy it (definitely coninually got better as the season went along and hopefully season 2 gets even better)

the oc and one tree hill will probably always be my top favorites though

alirk

[31]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    I like 90210 alot...The 1st eppy turned me off, but I started watching again later in the 1st season & now I'm hooked!