The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Fox.com/oc Closed Down!

ocseason4fan

[1]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    Hey, thought i'd let you guys know that Fox has finally closed www.fox.com/oc.

It's pretty sad, the cancellation has hit me again.
    Pretty soon no-one is even going to remember The OC and it's all going to be over.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 23
    ocseason4fan wrote:
    Hey, thought i'd let you guys know that Fox has finally closed www.fox.com/oc.

It's pretty sad, the cancellation has hit me again.
    Pretty soon no-one is even going to remember The OC and it's all going to be over.
    Oh yeah people will remeber oc. We have reruns on soapnet and DVDs. No one will forget this awsome show. Be crazy if they did.

JHarperFan

[3]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    I just tried going on the main site and it didn't come up, I found a way to get to their message board though and saw the post from the moderator that the forum and site is closed. With the main site closing it's really hit me now that there won't be another season. I've been going on that site since 2003. Really depressing stuff, it's been months and I still can't get over it.

TheOCfan

[4]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 28
    That's sad. I hate how stations do this when they cancel a show. They should leave the site up for things like the episode guides and what not.
    Edited on 07/13/2007 12:25pm

rylorleyton

[5]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 2

It is sad, as that was the site that i could find out recaps straight after the show, until i found this site!!! (i live in australia!!) thanks anyway fox!!

NoKryptonite

[6]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    yeah i remember when i first went on that site in 03, its over now, everything always eventually must come to an end

sethsummer4evx3

[7]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    your making me cry ):

JHarperFan

[8]Jul 18, 2007
    Yeah but The OC wasn't meant to only last for 4 years, reading that it was Josh's choice to kill off Marissa really angers me, if he'd have just kept her alive the ratings might have been good enough for the show to still be around, or at least good enough for The CW to pick it up, for anybody to say that Marissa's death didn't contribute to the show's death is moronic, on May 18th when I was watching her die in Ryan's arms, I swore I'd never watch again, I ended up continuing to watch, but a lot of people stuck to their guns. It should not have ended the way it did.

angrodpallanen

[9]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 22
    Yeah, the website shutdown really is the beginning of the end, but we all new the website would disappear, at least I did, that's why I saved all the pics on the website that I wanted (weren't that many, but still). But does it matter? Does it matter if the hype of the OC vanishes? I mean, it has already since season 2, it's inevitable. But at least the OC will always have our love and attention and we'll still watch it, so does it matter if the crowd doesn't?

kandy-kisses

[10]Jul 19, 2007
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    Yeah, the website shutdown really is the beginning of the end, but we all new the website would disappear, at least I did, that's why I saved all the pics on the website that I wanted (weren't that many, but still). But does it matter? Does it matter if the hype of the OC vanishes? I mean, it has already since season 2, it's inevitable. But at least the OC will always have our love and attention and we'll still watch it, so does it matter if the crowd doesn't?

We're better fans anyways

NaleyForeverOTH

[11]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 13
    I guess its really over, huh? Wow its been so long since it got cancelled and now im the sad feeling is coming back. This really sucks! But I dont think anyone will ever forget The OC. I mean one day we were in the school gym and California came on the radio and the girls in my class that dont even watch the show were like 'omg the oc'. I dont think it will be forgotten that easily. I know that every time I hear that song, or see a my little pony or a care bear or a wifebeater or a plastic horse, Ill think of the OC!
    (or a bagel cutter)

thekiller_basic

[12]May 2, 2010
    • level: 1

How did you get on the message board ?

ginaodegaard

[13]May 9, 2010

JHarperFan wrote:
    Yeah but The OC wasn't meant to only last for 4 years, reading that it was Josh's choice to kill off Marissa really angers me, if he'd have just kept her alive the ratings might have been good enough for the show to still be around, or at least good enough for The CW to pick it up, for anybody to say that Marissa's death didn't contribute to the show's death is moronic, on May 18th when I was watching her die in Ryan's arms, I swore I'd never watch again, I ended up continuing to watch, but a lot of people stuck to their guns. It should not have ended the way it did.

As I am one of those who stopped watching after that heart-breaking episode, I can't help agreeing with you. If they had only kept Marissa alive, i think the show still could've been alive even now. Might not be watched by everyone, but it'd have its loyal fans. I don't know about you, but thewhole Marissa/Ryan relationship was my main reason for watching, and when she died,I just couldn't watch it anymore. I've read abouta couple of the episodes from season 4, and I don't think I can watch it yet :/

stellarchick86

[14]May 10, 2010
    • level: 32
    ginaodegaard wrote:
    As I am one of those who stopped watching after that heart-breaking episode, I can't help agreeing with you. If they had only kept Marissa alive, i think the show still could've been alive even now. Might not be watched by everyone, but it'd have its loyal fans. I don't know about you, but thewhole Marissa/Ryan relationship was my main reason for watching, and when she died,I just couldn't watch it anymore. I've read abouta couple of the episodes from season 4, and I don't think I can watch it yet :/

Wow- you have some will power! Ive seen them, but theyre nothing great. S4, to me, is somethin to watch if Im INCREDIBLY bored but I cant watch it over and over like S1-3. And its not even about Marissas death, which is a huge factor for me, but the plotlines and story telling are very off for me that season. The stuff at the beginning and the end were okay I guess but it takes a lot for me to get through the middle episodes.

cube2k8

[15]May 11, 2010
    • level: 14

i think it was a bad idea for the show to end and a marrisa to die if that never happen the show would of kept going its like taking erik out of that 70s show it was terrialb after he left. and were is she now barly even being noticed now of days that show was a hit and it would of kept being a hit .

JHarperFan

[16]Jun 3, 2010

ginaodegaard wrote:

JHarperFan wrote:

I swore I would stop watching after Marissa got killed. I remember yelling at the TV "This is BS." I kept watching though because despite how bad it had gotten, it was my favorite show and I was going to stick with it until the bitter end. I know they were in a tough timeslot but if they had kept Marissa around, they would NOT have ever dropped below 4 million viewers. The OC's ratings absolutely TANKED, and it was not just timeslot. If they had kept Marissa, I think Season 4 would have averaged 4.5-6 million viewers per week, which could have gotten them a full season order and possible renewal from FOX. And if FOX didn't want the show anymore, The CW would have taken them with those ratings with open arms.

If The OC had gone to The CW, it would definitely still be on right now.

Edited on 06/03/2010 6:49pm

Ultimatrum

[17]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 1

The OC was being run on Much now and it was the first time I had seen it although I had heard of it before. As season 3 is one episode away from ending, I already know that the OC doesnt have much left as season 4 has only sixteen episodes and thats it. But, being a hooked viewer, I was wondering if there could be anyway to bring back the OC. With Marissa's death, it would be the same but the plotline could be altered a little bit showing that her death was a fake to protect Ryan. Either way, it would have to return back with its original characters. I was wondering if that would be possible somehow through a brand new petition or something?

Sovelin

[18]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 5

Her death being fake would have been terrible. And I think people are forgetting why they killed her character. There were major issues with the actress. She was impossible to work with. It isn't their fault in this case, it's Mischa's.

stellarchick86

[19]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    Sovelin wrote:
    I think people are forgetting why they killed her character. There were major issues with the actress. She was impossible to work with. It isn't their fault in this case, it's Mischa's

Thats completely false. It was always in the cards for Marissa to die, dating back to The Escape even. When they got around to writing the finale, they knew they needed something to shake up the show in a big way due to poor ratings for season 3. Josh Schwartz went to Mischa and said we either have the option where Marissa dies or she doesnt and comes back after she goes off with her dad for the summer and she said to let her die. She said the character was getting more difficult to play and this is all from Mischas mouth. I always got the impression that The OC was too mainstream for her and she would rather do independent movies and kind of took the chance on The OC on a whim. There was a rumor that if she had said let her stay on, then Sandy wouldve had a heart attack in the finale, but I dont know if thats true or not. Regardless, it had nothing to do with Mischa. Rachel and Mishca were pretty good friends on the show and cried a ton on the last day. Those were just rumors because whenever anyone wants off the show, theres always a rumor that starts that the person was hard to work with, especially a young actress. They did the same thing with Chad Michael Murray when he left One Tree Hill, Shannen Doherty when she left 90210, and I know there are others but cant think of what off the top of my head.
    Edited on 10/08/2010 7:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Sovelin

[20]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 5

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Sovelin wrote:
    I think people are forgetting why they killed her character. There were major issues with the actress. She was impossible to work with. It isn't their fault in this case, it's Mischa's
    Thats completely false. It was always in the cards for Marissa to die, dating back to The Escape even. When they got around to writing the finale, they knew they needed something to shake up the show in a big way due to poor ratings for season 3. Josh Schwartz went to Mischa and said we either have the option where Marissa dies or she doesnt and comes back after she goes off with her dad for the summer and she said to let her die. She said the character was getting more difficult to play and this is all from Mischas mouth. I always got the impression that The OC was too mainstream for her and she would rather do independent movies and kind of took the chance on The OC on a whim. There was a rumor that if she had said let her stay on, then Sandy wouldve had a heart attack in the finale, but I dont know if thats true or not. Regardless, it had nothing to do with Mischa. Rachel and Mishca were pretty good friends on the show and cried a ton on the last day. Those were just rumors because whenever anyone wants off the show, theres always a rumor that starts that the person was hard to work with, especially a young actress. They did the same thing with Chad Michael Murray when he left One Tree Hill, Shannen Doherty when she left 90210, and I know there are others but cant think of what off the top of my head.

Really? That's actually really good to know. To think, all this time I've been blaming the show's demise on Mischa.