FOX (ended 2007)

Fox.com/oc Closed Down!

stellarchick86

[21]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 32
    Sovelin wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Sovelin wrote:
    I think people are forgetting why they killed her character. There were major issues with the actress. She was impossible to work with. It isn't their fault in this case, it's Mischa's
    Thats completely false. It was always in the cards for Marissa to die, dating back to The Escape even. When they got around to writing the finale, they knew they needed something to shake up the show in a big way due to poor ratings for season 3. Josh Schwartz went to Mischa and said we either have the option where Marissa dies or she doesnt and comes back after she goes off with her dad for the summer and she said to let her die. She said the character was getting more difficult to play and this is all from Mischas mouth. I always got the impression that The OC was too mainstream for her and she would rather do independent movies and kind of took the chance on The OC on a whim. There was a rumor that if she had said let her stay on, then Sandy wouldve had a heart attack in the finale, but I dont know if thats true or not. Regardless, it had nothing to do with Mischa. Rachel and Mishca were pretty good friends on the show and cried a ton on the last day. Those were just rumors because whenever anyone wants off the show, theres always a rumor that starts that the person was hard to work with, especially a young actress. They did the same thing with Chad Michael Murray when he left One Tree Hill, Shannen Doherty when she left 90210, and I know there are others but cant think of what off the top of my head.

Really? That's actually really good to know. To think, all this time I've been blaming the show's demise on Mischa.

Yep. The show was basically really down the tubes with s3 and they knew that and that they were losing viewers and needed to shake up the show in a major way but didnt want to kill off say any one of the Cohens and Mischa was okay with it soo. By then, the damage was already done and I think FOX was a little weary of giving the show a ton of airtime and thats why it ended so early and had such a small amount of episodes in s4. Sadly a lot of people loved S4 and wouldve liked to see the show continue on because it went back to its roots of using Cohens+1 time rather than more love triangles and useless characters (a la Johnny). Anyway, didnt mean to sound rude, I thought maybe you were another Mischa-hater troll type person just there to bash on her lol but I see that maybe you just thought a certain way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JHarperFan

[22]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 6

Sovelin wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Sovelin wrote:
    I think people are forgetting why they killed her character. There were major issues with the actress. She was impossible to work with. It isn't their fault in this case, it's Mischa's
    Thats completely false. It was always in the cards for Marissa to die, dating back to The Escape even. When they got around to writing the finale, they knew they needed something to shake up the show in a big way due to poor ratings for season 3. Josh Schwartz went to Mischa and said we either have the option where Marissa dies or she doesnt and comes back after she goes off with her dad for the summer and she said to let her die. She said the character was getting more difficult to play and this is all from Mischas mouth. I always got the impression that The OC was too mainstream for her and she would rather do independent movies and kind of took the chance on The OC on a whim. There was a rumor that if she had said let her stay on, then Sandy wouldve had a heart attack in the finale, but I dont know if thats true or not. Regardless, it had nothing to do with Mischa. Rachel and Mishca were pretty good friends on the show and cried a ton on the last day. Those were just rumors because whenever anyone wants off the show, theres always a rumor that starts that the person was hard to work with, especially a young actress. They did the same thing with Chad Michael Murray when he left One Tree Hill, Shannen Doherty when she left 90210, and I know there are others but cant think of what off the top of my head.

Really? That's actually really good to know. To think, all this time I've been blaming the show's demise on Mischa.

Blame Josh, even if Mischa had been difficult on set (which was never confirmed) she never requested to leave the show and has continually claimed she would have stayed for Season 4, and most likely she would have had to honor her 6 year contract. It was Josh's decision to write her off the show/kill her, Josh killed The O.C.

stellarchick86

[23]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    ^^I agree. I think it was Joshs decision at first and brought the subject up for ratings and Mischa just went along with it.