The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

lucas as ryan?

andreapanda

[1]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 2

inneresting fact that you may or may not have known, chad michael murray turned down the role of RYAN ATWOOD in the OCto play LUCAS in One Tree Hill. i think it would have been weird seeing CMM as ryan. do you think he was better off at one tree hill or should he have went to the OC.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    I have heard this as well. Im very glad he was Lucas instead. I feel like hes not tough enough/too "pretty" to be Ryan. Ben makes a good Ryan.

dncbayb

[3]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 2

I agree. CMM is way too pretty to be Ryan. While Ben can be soft, I don't think CMM could be as rugged as Ben was for Ryan.

stellarchick86

[4]Sep 15, 2010
    dncbayb wrote:

I agree. CMM is way too pretty to be Ryan. While Ben can be soft, I don't think CMM could be as rugged as Ben was for Ryan.

Yeah. Plus, not just looks but on acting abilities, if CMM was Ryan, I dont know if as many people would watch the show. A lot of people griped about Mischa Barton here and CMM on OTH. If you got both on one show, that may have turned people away. I dont see it this way personally though because I never had a problem with Mischa really and I didnt really care for CMM OR Hilarie Burton on OTH at first and I still watched all of OTH. Im just saying in general I dont know if as many people wouldve watched The OC this way.
    Edited on 09/15/2010 1:05am

Daniela7464

[5]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 4

Plus CMM has more mature (or sophisticated), so to speak, looks. IMO. I can hardly see him as a *teenager* ora*kid* in OC. At least inS.1, where Ryan is not even 17 y.o.

stellarchick86

[6]Oct 14, 2010
    Daniela7464 wrote:

Plus CMM has more mature (or sophisticated), so to speak, looks. IMO. I can hardly see him as a *teenager* ora*kid* in OC. At least inS.1, where Ryan is not even 17 y.o.

Compared to Ben McKenzie who in real life was like 26 when the show started and CMM was like 22? Interesting...

Daniela7464

[7]Oct 14, 2010
    Well, to tell you the truth I started watching OTH on DVD only one month ago. Stopped watching it after I was done with S.2, because one of my friends told me I should watch OC first. Yes, I am a new kid on the block.
    Chad being 6 inches tall looks kinda more adult to my humble female opinion. Maybe it's that childish haircut style of Bens in OC S.1, that made it look that way to me. I am now somewhere in the middle of S.1 of OC.
    I am sure to change my mind not once, just lemme watch more of both.

Daniela7464

[8]Oct 14, 2010

P.S.

Especially if you compare Ryan's haircut in S.1 (all dressed up for the Ball) to the oneChad has in S.2. Chad definitely does not look like a teenager.

Daniela7464

[9]Oct 14, 2010

And also if you remember the episode when Lucas and Andy are spying on Dan. They look almost the same age. Far frombeing 17, wouldn't you agree?

stellarchick86

[10]Oct 14, 2010
    ^^Oh...well, alright then. Its your opinion. In my opinon, Id say no...With Ben, I didnt see him looking any less like a teenager than some of these other teen shows (like the original 90210 for example where Luke Perry looks 21/22 in the first season). With Chad, he looked a litle older than the high school age he was supposed to be but I didnt think it was bad or worse than Ben. They both had varrying levels. IDK, just my opinion.

LeytonTLA

[11]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    yeah i agree i think they both look pretty over the teen age, in episode one of the oc you can see how much makeup ben has on ..., i dont think cmm culd of played ryan as wel as ben no way, ben is totally ryan all the way he has the toughness the look the slight humour about him ,.. and cmm has the broodiness of lucas and the my dad hates me aspect about him ,,, love it all