The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Most hated character?

BRK28

[121]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 1

My most hated Characters on The O.C

1. Johnny. ( Always wining and crying and desperate for Marissa. He was just really boring. )

2. Lindsay. ( Ugh, she was too, church girl miss goody two shoes. )

3. Sadie. ( She's to perfect, to perfect for the show lol. )

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iheartlost

[122]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 9
    i just got done watching season three again and i'd like to add one more character to the list of those i hate...chloe (aka the waitress that ryan hooked up with when he went to new mexico to see his mom)! i really really don't like her. she's stupid, nosy, inappropriate, trashy and she needs to learn how to mind her own business and not implant herself into other peoples' lives where she doesn't belong. i can't belive i forgot how much i don't like her when i made my post!

Chazy77

[123]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    iheartlost wrote:
    i just got done watching season three again and i'd like to add one more character to the list of those i hate...chloe (aka the waitress that ryan hooked up with when he went to new mexico to see his mom)! i really really don't like her. she's stupid, nosy, inappropriate, trashy and she needs to learn how to mind her own business and not implant herself into other peoples' lives where she doesn't belong. i can't belive i forgot how much i don't like her when i made my post!

Why is she stupid? Because she works in a restaurant as a waiter? Who knows, might even be a part-time job. She could be at university, you know.

Nosy? At the end, she kind of helps Ryan out, shows him Dawn's locker, if you remember.

Inappropriate? In what way? Could you further explain yourself?

Trashy? In my opinion, she wore some decent clothes when we saw her go to the bar with Ryan. Or trashy because she hooked up with him?

Mind her own business? [See nosy-part]

havoc2

[124]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 19

Che- I'm honestly shocked more people have not picked him. Not only is the most worse character ever to step foot on the show, But he's one of the most annoying and most pointless characters I have ever seen. I'm not a big fan of season 4, and most of the blame for that goes to Che IMO. He ruined Summers character that season.

Johnny- His storyline was just awful, Nearly ruined season 3 for me, He stayed on for WAY too long. It got really repetitive with the writters constantly pulling the sympathy card with him. His feelings for Marissa just so dragged on and was really annoying to watch.

Sadie- I was just blown away by how random and pointless her character was. 3x16 is the worst episode of season 3. I mean, going to get money from Johnny's dad? That was just COMPLETELY irrelevant! and her and Ryan were just soo random together. like when Ryan showed up at her house and asked her if she needed any help when he didn't know her AND had a girlfriend at the time! I knew that she was gonna be a useless character from the moment she came on the moment. She was just really pointless

Kaitlin- The Johnny storyline was bad before her. but when she came into it, It got even worse. The situation nwas blown way out of proportion because of her, and She's to blame for the Ryan/Marissa break up. She treats pretty much everyone like crap (including Julie and Marissa) for no reason. Plus I don't even find her entertaining, I find the drama she starts very tedious and annoying.

stellarchick86

[125]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 32
    I totally agree with you, Havoc, about Che. Hes one of my least fave characters as well and I felt he dragged down s4 with all his "sea otter visions" and crap like that. People find him funny but I dont get it. Same with Kaitlin...I dont think shes funny and she was very annoying. Its like "well Im Marissa Coopers younger sister, feel bad for me" well okay but that only carries you so far. I also added Holly to my list with these 2 because she also irked me to no end. Johnny was annoying but I blame the writers more than the actual character and IDK..Sadie never really bothered me though it was really random.

havoc2

[126]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 19

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I totally agree with you, Havoc, about Che. Hes one of my least fave characters as well and I felt he dragged down s4 with all his "sea otter visions" and crap like that. People find him funny but I dont get it. Same with Kaitlin...I dont think shes funny and she was very annoying. Its like "well Im Marissa Coopers younger sister, feel bad for me" well okay but that only carries you so far. I also added Holly to my list with these 2 because she also irked me to no end. Johnny was annoying but I blame the writers more than the actual character and IDK..Sadie never really bothered me though it was really random.

I don't find Che funny at all! His character was really ridiculous and alot of my hate for season 4 goes to him. I despised Johnny and Sadie. All the bashing for season 3 is because of him. He nearly ruined the season. and Sadie was just pointless. When she left it was like she wasn't even there (and i knew it was going to be that way too) She didn't leave any mark on the show whatsoever. and i found her and Ryan's relationship shockingly random.

Edited on 08/24/2009 8:19pm

lucasscott18

[127]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 2
    for me volchok well he plays it perfect as badboy but yeah i hate the caracter and also johnny

Chazy77

[128]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    lucasscott18 wrote:
    for me volchok well he plays it perfect as badboy but yeah i hate the caracter and also johnny

Because he plays the ''bad boy'', you hate him?
    Gotta be more behind it.

Why Johnny, may I ask?

iheartlost

[129]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 9

i know you weren't asking me, but i'd just like to interject that johnny was a whiny, annoying, BORING loser. i see no good qualities in his character. no wonder his girlfriend cheated on him and marissa didn't want him.

and volchok was amazing. he was able to show peeks of his good heart underneath his bad boy persona very subtly and genuinely. the character could have been a one-note stereotype, but turned out to be pretty multi-dimensional. i'll probably get my head bitten off for this, but i loved him and marissa together!

LeytonTLA

[130]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 16
    i hated jonny too and that girl that hung out with volchuck, i didnt like zack too much he was ok but not great

holden_potter

[131]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 8

Linsay, Rebeca, Carter

Daniela7464

[132]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 4

Marissa. I am on S.1 - mid-season. She is stupid, indecisive, irresolute, wishywashy and all... If that's how she is meant to bethen Luke is the guy she truly deserves to be with.

LeytonTLA

[133]Oct 27, 2010
    she gets better ... actually i dunno if she does,i think you either love her or hate her, the same with there relationship i think you either want them together or you dont... personally i love her, she does do really stupid things sometimes though...

gurlonfire

[134]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 5

I HATED Johnny and Sadie. I blame these two idiots for the demise of Ryissa. -_- Especially friggin' Johnny. He was like a 12-year old. Plus, he had more chemistry with Marissa's sister then he could ever have with Marissa. URGH Johnny.

And Sadie was dull. She was not right for Ryan. She bored me to death and she was pretty much a cardboard character. The nice, simple, opposite of Marissa. Well, screw that. I liked Marissa. She had feisty and zeal. She had drama. Sadie was a crap match.

Didn't like Lindsay's personality either, but I don't blame her, I guess.

-

stellarchick86

[135]Jan 20, 2011
    gurlonfire wrote:
    The nice, simple, opposite of Marissa. Well, screw that. I liked Marissa. She had feisty and zeal. She had drama

LOL I love it. This is why I like Marissa too. Granted they may have been able to scale it back a knotch, especially around the Johnny era, but without Marissa I thought it got more boring and less dramatic. S4 was okay, it wasnt awful, and I dont think it was just because of Marissas departure but I dont think it was as good as 1-3, so Marissa being there couldve helped. So Im glad someone sees it my way.

LeytonTLA

[136]Jan 31, 2011
    i totally see it you way, i cant even watch s4 cos marissa isn't in it, i think i like, like 5 episodes out of the whole season whereas i love s1 an 2 , season 3 is not as good but still really good if that makes sense, marissas character goes down hill and its so sad to see her and ryan break up and that stupid sadie is exactly like you said so wrong for ryan, i think he just wanted that interest shown in him again .. dunno

crashingdoors

[137]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 13
    Ryan's hair in season 2.. was my 'most-hated' character.

Also, as with many of you, I didn't like Johnny. Che was mostly annoying, but Taylor's French fiance was worse. A lot of you tend to say that Marissa was a character one either loves or hates, but I'm on the fence with her. Sometimes I absolutely love her, other times (less frequnetly) she bothers me; in that respect though she's a lot more realistic. Seth on the other hand I liked pretty much always, and the only times I didn't like him was due to poor writing.

survivorgal

[138]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 10

I hate Lindsay the most of all the OC characters. She is insecure and whiny, I hated how she always changed her mind about her relationship with Ryan. It was annoying and hard to take most of the time.

I'm not the biggest Kaitlin Cooper fan. I loved her appearences in season 3, they were funny and controversial, but in the end having her in season 4 was a mistake on the writer's part because I just felt like they were trying to replace Marissa, which Kaitlin couldn't do.

Johnny is the person I attribute to season 3 being so bad. The episodes he were in I felt were usually lower in standard than the ones he was not. It was kind of annoying to see him going after Marissa the way he was. While he was more innocent than Oliver in his intentions, it was still frustrating.

Oliver, while entertaining, was annoying as a character.

I didn't like Zach when he came back from Italy. Before then I thought he was awesome - though not for Summer. I hoped she let him down easily, until he came back and tried to steal Summer from Seth and then I wanted them to tell him to f-off basically.

I was happy when Caleb died. I just felt he didn't fit in the series (but I'm not sure whether or not I'm alone in this thought).

stellarchick86

[139]Mar 4, 2011
    ^^I completely agree with all of that except for Caleb. Its probably because I usually like the villains or snarky characters on tv shows, but I thought he was awesome and funny and I love his and Sandys report. The rest I agree with though, but I dont really "hate" any of them. Except maybe Johnny? LOL Its hard for me to hate a character if they brought a lot of fun/entertaining drama even if I despise their personality, like Jess Sathers or Holly. But Johnny just brought the show down and made it boring. I couldnt stand all the "OMG Marissa is looking at Johnny! Quick, call Ryan!" BS I was like what are we, 12?? The only other person who I kind of think of in the same regard as bringing the show down is Che. I find him so annoying and I hated what he did to Summer and how we had to sit through all of those dumb episodes of him and Seth doing stuff together.
    Edited on 03/04/2011 12:11pm

LeytonTLA

[140]Jul 27, 2011
    i hate che! i hate season four! i hate taylor! why not leave ryan alone he will never love you like he loved her!!!!!!!!!!!