The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

one tree hill vs the o.c

  • Avatar of kal-el_k65

    kal-el_k65

    [1]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 08/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 114

    ok im new  to the o.c  i think its good but one tree hill is....wow words cant explain its a good show so wat u think about which show is better  .....well this is a o.c  forum but still give ur different views

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ocfan2end

    ocfan2end

    [2]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 11/07/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 58

    To be honest, I have never watched One Tree Hill.  I think i would like One Tree Hill if i got into it, but oh well.  The OC is still UNREAL!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of halloweenalaska

    halloweenalaska

    [3]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 01/15/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,066
    i watch both shows. and i enjoy both. however, one tree hill is so unlikeable compared to the oc. the acting is horrible, theres no chemestry on screen, the storylines are either boring or unrealistic. watching oth is so freaking depressing. theres no comic relief at all. they try, but they fail miserably. the oc's cast has terrific chemistry with one another and the humor balances out the drama. the oc is so many more times better and i'll never understand why oth is so popular.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IDINOI

    IDINOI

    [4]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 05/14/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 524
    OMG QUIT WITH THESE DAMN THREADS. PUT THE QUESTION TO REST PLLEEAASEEE.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of usigal

    usigal

    [5]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 11/11/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 27
    I love both the oc and oth. But this season of oth seems to be repeating some it's storylines. I mean, it's not completely the same, but watching it, im thinking that i have seen this before. Its like one big circle. the oc this season is obviously not like it was before. It's better! back to season 1 greatness. These are all new storylines and more sides to the characters then ever before. THE OC IS SO MUCH BETTER!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armybratkl

    armybratkl

    [6]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,007
    halloweenalaska wrote:
    one tree hill is so unlikeable compared to the oc. the acting is horrible, theres no chemestry on screen, the storylines are either boring or unrealistic. watching oth is so freaking depressing. theres no comic relief at all. they try, but they fail miserably. the oc's cast has terrific chemistry with one another and the humor balances out the drama. the oc is so many more times better and i'll never understand why oth is so popular.


    Exactly. I thought I was the only one who thought that about oth. I don't really like soaps, so I don't enjoy oth. OC is different mainly because of the comic relief and because the actors are so much better. I saw the first season of oth, and several episodes afterward, and I just couldn't watch it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of loveONETREEHILL

    loveONETREEHILL

    [7]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 09/29/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 237

    the oc used to be really good, but season 3 was kind of..blah. but i think season 4 is really great (from what i've seen so far) but oth is really good. but they are two different shows with two different purposes and i think it's sort of hard to compare them because oth is more dramatic and sad while the oc is more of a happy show (used to be anyway).

    if i HAD to compare something to the oc, it would be laguna beach. but there is no comparison. LB used to be good when stephen coletti was on it but now it just sucks.

    so i love oth a bit more now cuz well..i just i was just bored with one show and decided to try another. it's a different taste. but it's good.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aplourey

    aplourey

    [8]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 4,753
    I've never seen OTH. It doesn't get put in good time slots in Australia.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dammit_Voyeur

    Dammit_Voyeur

    [9]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 10/13/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 707
    halloweenalaska wrote:
    i watch both shows. and i enjoy both. however, one tree hill is so unlikeable compared to the oc. the acting is horrible, theres no chemestry on screen, the storylines are either boring or unrealistic. watching oth is so freaking depressing. theres no comic relief at all. they try, but they fail miserably. the oc's cast has terrific chemistry with one another and the humor balances out the drama. the oc is so many more times better and i'll never understand why oth is so popular.


    Doesn't look like you enjoy OTH so much. Lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of unity14

    unity14

    [10]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 08/02/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 15
    i LOVE oth. i think its WAYYYY better than the oc... though i love the oc too... i think acting is WAYYYYYYY better in OTH...but yeah...the comic relief and humor thingy...i love oc so much mainly cuza seth cohen.. FUNNY! n his looks dont hurt either:p:p...hehe...but fer me, its OTH OTH ALL THE WAY!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kandy-kisses

    kandy-kisses

    [11]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,441
    I haven't watched too much of OTH. I've seen most of the 1st season and some random episode of the 2nd season. The reason of this is because Australia axed it then brought it back then axed it once again because obviously it must not have been doing too well with ratings. Seriously, if I were to watch OTH for ANY reason it would be because of Nathan and Haley, mainly Nathan because I'm a shallow 15 year old teen girl who thinks he's hot as. But not even that reason is enough to make me want to download the episodes. I think acting is poor in comparison to OC. If I wanted full on drama consistently I would watch OTH... that being said that's what I watch Aussie soaps for and they aren't too great either. OTH just lacks something unique. It's not funny. That's something that attracts me to a show (or a guy) and when it does try to be funny...it's not. The music on OC is amazing. It never disappoints and I think if the OC was ever renouned for any special reason it would be for it's music. I have changed my music taste right around because of OC and I'm so thankful of that. To me the biggest things that make OC a better show is the acting, comic relief and music.

    Don't get me wrong, perhaps if I were to watch every single episode first up until now I would like it more but from what I've seen it just isn't as appealing to me as the OC is. P.S: I can't f**king stand Karen's accent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of halloweenalaska

    halloweenalaska

    [12]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 01/15/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,066
    unity14 wrote:
    i LOVE oth. i think its WAYYYY better than the oc... though i love the oc too... i think acting is WAYYYYYYY better in OTH...but yeah...the comic relief and humor thingy...i love oc so much mainly cuza seth cohen.. FUNNY! n his looks dont hurt either:p:p...hehe...but fer me, its OTH OTH ALL THE WAY!!!!


    how can you say the acting on oth is way better than the oc?

    watching scenes with haley and nathan together make me want to shoot myself in the head with a shotgun. there is no chemistry and just awful acting. chad is a good actor but when he tries to be funny, he just isn't. plus, the parental storylines that thrive on the oc just suck on oth.

    look, i rag on oth a lot because i don't think it deserves the credit it gets. i don't think its an AWFUL show, but i just don't think it compares to the oc at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ndaka

    ndaka

    [13]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 6
    OTH is way better than OC, i luv all its characters, i cant stand Merrisa ,OMG she got too many issues and so unreasonable at times,i do like the OC tho but not as much as OTH,,OTH rocks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cool_sock

    cool_sock

    [14]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 11/15/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 55
    I watch both shows and my fave right now i oth!.I use to love OC so much during its 1st season i bought the whole dvd set.It was really hilarious and interesting at first but gradually i found it a little unrealistic(especially Julie Cooper).I also thought that Ryan was really cute.But now i noticed that his acting isn't that great and his facial expression is just so boring in comparison to Chad Micheal Murray,etc.

    I'm from Singapore and i haven't watched season 4.Hopefully its better.
    For now i'll just continue downloading and watching OTH!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armybratkl

    armybratkl

    [15]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,007
    ndaka wrote:
    OTH is way better than OC, i luv all its characters, i cant stand Merrisa ,OMG she got too many issues and so unreasonable at times,i do like the OC tho but not as much as OTH,,OTH rocks

    You do know she's gone, right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [16]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Both are great shows. I enjoy OTH more right now though. I don't know why--I just find OTH's storylines more appealing than The OC. But yes, the acting on OC is definitely better--no doubt there. But still OTH's acting is great. I think I also like OTH more because I've seen every season and episode since the Pilot. The OC I didn't get into while it aired on TV. I bought the DVDs (except for season 3). Season 1 was amazing--loved it. When I watched it I actually liked it better than OTH. But then I saw OTH's third season and hadn't seen OC season 2 or 3 yet, so OTH became my fave again. It still is right now. Thing is, despite OC having better acting, it's OTH that draws me in every week as a "can't miss" show. With The OC, I never watch it week-to-week--never have. Doesn't draw me in that much, eventhough I do really enjoy it on DVDs. I watched season 2 on DVD and that only made me love OTH even more. Season 2 (second half) was good, but still not great as OTH or OC season 1. And the episode I was looking forward to seeing the msot (Rainy Day Women) turned out to be a huge disappointment for me. I wanna buy season 3 soon, so I'll see how that is, but I think I'll still like OTH more because it's third and fourth seasons are great.

    Besides, right now it seems OTH is more popular/better. Season 4 of OTH is going strong, fresh, there still is a lot of life in the show and possibilites. The ratings are only getting better and it's even either beating or on-par with OC ratings. The OC right now just seems to be heading out, not only because of the ratings. It just seems to be ending. The show took a huge hit in ratings and storylines with the death of Marissa. Yet the death of Keith on OTH only made the show stronger.

    I must say though, The Cold Turkey episode (saw it online) was EXCELLENT. Soo season 1 quality. I can see why someone who like it more than OTH. They do balance comedy and drama great. But then when I think of a show doing the comedy/drama thing, I think of Gilmore Girls. Anyway, I just find OTH more entertaining.

    Anyway just my two cents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armybratkl

    armybratkl

    [17]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,007
    I think a lot of what it boils down to in the end is how much drama people like. People like me, who enjoy a bit of humor in their lives, prefer the OC. People who love drama ALL the time may prefer OTH.

    Another reason I didn't like OTH is because they dragged the storylines on and on and on until they were boring and old, at least in the first season. And then there were some times where it seemed like they completely forgot about it, e.g. all of Peyton's problems - they seemed to jump from one to another each episode in the beginning.

    Chad Michael Murray doesn't really float my boat either. I feel like he's trying too hard when it comes to the brooding, and he doesn't pull it off nearly as well as Ben McKenzie does. Plus, his eyebrows bug me just a tad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IDINOI

    IDINOI

    [18]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 05/14/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 524
    Both shows really are great. they really are, they are my favorite two shows of all time. that's why it bothers me so much when people are always trying to have them compete. though i do prefer the oc, (mainly because i've been with it since day 1 and grew with the show) oth is amazing too, i own all three seasons of both shows on dvd...i just love them both. and yes theymay have some things in common but if you ask someone who is a fan of both they will tell you they ARE very different in many different ways. Will you people just please stop trying to bash the other just or try and make them compete? its because of people like you that people feel they need to pick between the two, when in all actuality they don't. They are both amazing for different reasons but i dont think people will just take that. I guess people just love competitions?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moda-fokka

    moda-fokka

    [19]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 10/08/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 4
    I've always loved the O.C. and only after season 3 of the oc I started watching One Tree Hill.... I loved it, so much tension and I just couldn't stop whatching...
    I didn't sleep for almost 48 hours, and I just sat and watched show after show, season after season...
    I started on episode one and after this I had watched half way through episode three... I thought one tree hill was awesome...
    but the oc has always just been a little more of my favorite...

    then when the season 4 of both shows started, I started to doubt the oc...
    One Tree Hill started off so exciting and the oc, not so much..
    But after these first three oc shows theres no doubt oc is better, although one tree hill and maybe prison break are damn close...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [20]Nov 15, 2006
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    IDINOI wrote:
    Both shows really are great. they really are, they are my favorite two shows of all time. that's why it bothers me so much when people are always trying to have them compete. though i do prefer the oc, (mainly because i've been with it since day 1 and grew with the show) oth is amazing too, i own all three seasons of both shows on dvd...i just love them both. and yes theymay have some things in common but if you ask someone who is a fan of both they will tell you they ARE very different in many different ways. Will you people just please stop trying to bash the other just or try and make them compete? its because of people like you that people feel they need to pick between the two, when in all actuality they don't. They are both amazing for different reasons but i dont think people will just take that. I guess people just love competitions?


    I completely agree. Both are great shows---why the competition? I own all three DVDs of OTH, too. But only season 1 and 2 of The OC. I just wanna wait til season 3 drops in price or there's a sale or something. $45 is a little much for one DVD for my blood.

    But yeah, I agree. Both are extremely entertaining shows. Did you guys know The OC writers/producers tried to get Chad to play Ryan before The OC aired? And then Ben would've been on OTH as Lucas. Could  you imagine that? I oculdn't! I don't see Chad having good chemistry with the OC cast. Like can you picture Chad and Mischa (that's Marissa, right?) making out? Or Ben with Hilarie or Sophia? Ultimately it was Chad's decision to be on OTH. He said he didn't wanna be on a show that was "flashy" in the beginning. He'd prefer a show that was like "the little engine that could."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.