TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

one tree hill vs the o.c

movienut1988

[41]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    THE OC by far. ONE TREE HILL used to be great but it really sucks now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mandaaa24

[42]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 22
    yeah me too .. lol as i have posted abovee ... i didnt watch it during the first two seasons, or most of the third, i watched from episode 3.16 [which was the one with the school shooting which is one of my favorite episodes of all time] and i got hooked!!! nd i was a little lost so i decided to read the transcripts for season 1nd2 nd then i just had to buy them!!!! and im so hooked now, i watch my dvds over and over again cuz im just cool like that [lmao0]

mandaaa24

[43]Nov 24, 2006
    ok in my above message i was replying to the message left by loveonetreehill , and i was talking about one tree hill .. lol just to clarify thatt

Tizzay5

[45]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 17
    loveONETREEHILL wrote:

at first, i loved the oc and only the oc. but then after season 2 it got a bit boring, so i was like "why don't i watch oth" and then i was like "nah oth sucks" but i hadn't even watched an episode yet!

so i watched the season 4 premiere and then i got hooked on and i bought season 2 and 3 dvds.

i'm not really picky about the actors and stuff..so i like them both. i'm just glad that fox hasn't moved the oc permanently to wednesdays to compete with oth. that would be hard for me!

ahh yah same here. considering we dont have dvr or anything like that..! i luv both shows, but OC is number one to me, i think. yah it is lol i cant help it

diecaro

[46]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 21
    Until the end of season 3, I was completely in favor of One Tree Hill, because I thought that The OC was getting worse, but now that The OC's season 4 rocks and One Tree Hill is close to hitting rock buttom in my opinion, The OC wins that race!!
    Well, but I still prefer Grey's Anatomy and Veronica Mars

mandaaa24

[47]Nov 24, 2006
    i couldnt disagree more with you, diecaro , i think the oc's season 4 could be better, and one tree hill's season 4 rocks !!! ok if u were a leyton [lucas and peyton] fan you would say so too .. sorry im opionated lol

joshandhailey

[48]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    I really love oth but I really like the oc. Both shows are great but if I had to choose sorry it would be oth. But in the interest of this continuing battle I think everyone should watch both.

IDINOI

[49]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    i think some people should grow up and stop asking these stupid questions. theres no point, all it does is start arguements and the "oc/oth battle" is never over. worry about more important things.

halloweenalaska

[50]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    you just had to bring this thread back...

mandaaa24

[51]Nov 26, 2006
    i like them equally and [even though i put in my own arguments] i think people should have their opinions but not get so wrapped up in the ''battle'' as its called ....

andreapanda

[52]Aug 18, 2010
    • level: 2

well its been awhile now, what do you think. after watching oth limp around and still going getting ready for season 8 and the oc leaving at a high after season 4. the oc is definetley better. i used to always say oth is better but after watchin it after season 4 i hated it, so OC FOREVVA!!

stellarchick86

[53]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 32
    I know I answer this question all the time, but WTH Ill answer it again Lol. I still love OTH, Id consider it my 3rd favorite show, but I still prefer The OC to it. Its my 2nd fave show ('Friends' is the first). 'Friends' was the first show I became like obsessed with and can watch ALL THE TIME and the The OC became the 2nd. OTH is my 3rd favorite but theres a quite big gap between OTH and The OC and not as much between The OC and Friends. So all in all Id say The OC but I do love both and can understand how people can prefer one or the other, it just depends on your mood and what kind of storylines you want (I get the same way).

bdancer99

[54]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 11

i like both, but i love one tree hill

greysanatomy12

[55]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 16

It's definitely One Tree Hill,for me.

The highschool years of OTH really had an effect on me and every single episode was inspiring.The adult years are great too in my opinion.They are just completely different,which is not neccesarily a bad thing.

On the other hand,The O.C. is a great show that i love so much but i think that OTH is more special to me.The O.C.'s highschool years were great,even though season 3 was not really up to the quality of the first two.After highschool and Marissa's death,the show was not good in my opinion.Season 4 was not a good season and I'm surprised that the fans love it so much.I mean i liked the series finale and the earthquake(kind of a desperate measure) but some characters and some storylines were completely ridiculous..I truly believe that OTH's season 5 was better than the o.c's season 4...

stellarchick86

[56]Aug 22, 2010
    greysanatomy12 wrote:
    After highschool and Marissa's death,the show was not good in my opinion.Season 4 was not a good season and I'm surprised that the fans love it so much.I mean i liked the series finale and the earthquake(kind of a desperate measure) but some characters and some storylines were completely ridiculous..I truly believe that OTH's season 5 was better than the o.c's season 4

I completely agree with you. I cant help but wonder that SOME people (not all) who love s4 either 1. hated Marissa or 2. thought s3 was worse than it was, so praised s4 too much to overcompensate. I like Marissa but I didnt care for s4 because of like you said, the ridiculous storylines that happened towards the middle of the season. And, like you said, the last few episodes with the finale and that centered around the earthquake werent too bad, and those SLs werent so ridiculous because they could happen in real life, especially in California.
    Edited on 08/22/2010 7:09pm

bronbrons27

[57]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    I love One Tree Hill, but have to say, I have never watched The OC before.

I should really watch it sometime...

stellarchick86

[58]Aug 23, 2010
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I love One Tree Hill, but have to say, I have never watched The OC before.

I should really watch it sometime...

You should, if u get the time! Im always trying to convert people lol I wish I could re-watch this show for the first time from the beginning but I cant because I saw the 3rd season all the way through live once FIRST and then went back to the beginning afterwards, which gave me certain opinions on it, and also because Ive seen it so many times I know what happens lol (especially the first season).
    Edited on 08/23/2010 10:03pm

andreapanda

[59]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 2

just asking, but which storylines werent realistic. btw, i rank mi oc seasons from best to worst as 1,4,2,3. i liked season 4 because it wasnt like cluttered with stoopid marissa boring drama. i liked her character, but it just caught so overdramatic. i rank one tree hill as 3,1,4,2 and i dont count 5,6, and 7 because they make me hate the show.

greysanatomy12

[60]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 16

Not so much unrealistic but dumb.For example,I hated the storyline with Taylor getting married to the French guy who wrote a book about her,Summer wanting to save the world,that Che guy and his spirit animals,Julie being a pimp and of course Taylor/Ryan which was so forced.I felt like they had to pair Ryan with someone so they chose Taylor to replace Marissa.I have mixed feelings about Taylor.At times I liked her and there were moments where i found her really annoying.

Also,season 5,6,7 of OTH are not that bad.maybe you should try watching them again.It has some really powerful episodes.