The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Reunion show?

BrushYourTeeth

[1]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 10

This was one of the first shows I ever watched religiously, along side Alias, LOST, House. I own all the season on DVD and really haven't rewatched the series in a few years. I found myself wandering around on the channel guide and found SoapNet, which had begun the series from the beginning again. Watching the pilot episode, from 7 years ago, really was a big surprise. It was still good. And I began to remember how much I loved this show, cried to it even (I'll admit it) and enjoyed but was torn over the cancellation during Season 4, just when things were getting good again (Yes, I love season 3, but even I'll admit there was a lot there I didn't like, what with Johnny and Volchok stuff). Needless to say, does anyone know if there would ever be a reunion episode? Is there anyway we could petition, even if it has been done before, to get one more episode out. Would anyone else want to see another episode?

I know Josh Schwartz is busy with Chuck (thankfully because I freaking love that show) but if he could take a little time to do that it would be awesome!

And even more questions: What would everyone want to see in the episode?

I'd like to see a time after the final image of Ryan taking in that kid, where Seth and Summer have been married for a few years, with Ryan getting married or just did with Taylor. So somewhere in that time line. I don't care what happens, either way it would be awesome I'm sure. (Yes, I'd be more than ok with Taylor and Ryan, despite all the love for Marisa and Ryan)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Hey Brush- I would be okay with one more final episode, though I doubt it will happen (sorry, dont mean to be a downer LOL), but not quite as thrilled as you because s4 was my least favorite season for many different reasons so if it was just a continuation of that, I'd watch it because its my fave show and it'd still be awesome to know whats going to happen, but I wouldnt be ecstatic ya know. What WOULD be awesome is a reunion episode, which I thought you were going to refer to when I saw the title of this, where the cast sits around and talks about different episodes and what happened behind the scenes and whatever else. When Beverly Hills 90210 ended they did one of those and no one thought that was going to happen with all the drama behind the scenes so if they REALLY try they could do it. I know Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are busy with Chuck and Gossip Girl but if those shows were ever cancelled or on hiatus they could do it. I mean its not like they would have to write a script, get scenery, film it, edit it, etc, it would just be them talking in front of a camera about past incidences. Id especially love it if Mischa was there, I dont know how open she is to that, because Marissa was my fave character and we dont really know too much about how Mischa felt about everything because most of the stuff was before she left when everything was "okay" you know? Anyway, thats just my .02.

BrushYourTeeth

[3]Aug 4, 2010

Don't worry I'm already ready for the fact that nothing of the sort I was dreaming about will come to pass. I actually would like what you are referring to, as in having the cast sit down and talk about their time with the show and how it's affected them. Heck that would be enough to make me happy lol

stellarchick86

[4]Aug 5, 2010
    BrushYourTeeth wrote:

Don't worry I'm already ready for the fact that nothing of the sort I was dreaming about will come to pass.

Yeah I know, I just didnt want you to think I came on to just trash your thread or something hehe
    BrushYourTeeth wrote:
    I actually would like what you are referring to, as in having the cast sit down and talk about their time with the show and how it's affected them. Heck that would be enough to make me happy lol

Yeah, same here. I have thought about what if they did like a 'look into the future' kind of episode before and I thought it would be cool but I would be ESTATIC if they did a sit down kind of thing with the cast instead.

JHarperFan

[5]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    If anything ever happens it'll air on The CW. I see either two scenarios. A one off reunion show/cast reminiscing special, or the CW actually reviving the series like Melrose Place and 90210. I'd expect it to be more based on the old cast though. I don't see it happening though, if it ever does, at least until 2012. To me it is a possibility though, especially when you look at the type of shows The CW has.

BrushYourTeeth

[6]Aug 5, 2010

Stellar: I'm glad we can agree.

Harper: The CW bringing it back? I don't see it ever happening either. Doubt the original cast members could return and even if they did try replacing them with new actors or to start over with new actors, I'm pretty sure I'd be out. I'd watch an episode and give it a chance, but that's a pretty far fetched senario.

stellarchick86

[7]Aug 6, 2010
    If they brought it back on the CW, I dont see it with the original cast. Peters off doing..whatever it is he does (LOL), Adam and Rachel seem to be happy doing movies, Bens in Southland..the only way I can see them doing this with ANY of the original cast if they made it like a new generation kind of thing w/ Kaitlin and some of her high school friends like Will, the Ward twins and new people. Josh seems to love Willa Holland as shes appeared on Gossip Girl a few times anyway. And even that seems a little far-fetched because we already know whats going to happen to Kaitlin past high school with the future flashback (dont we? I dont really remember as I dont really watch the 4th season much LOL) so if we went BACK to high school, itd be like...IDK I just dont see it. Not trying to disagree, just throwing out my opinion.

If you want any other opinions on this subject, heres a good thread to check out: http://www.tv.com/the-o.c./show/16960/the-oc-part-deux/topic/8233-1293230/msgs.html?tag=content;main

Edited on 08/06/2010 2:59am

BrushYourTeeth

[8]Aug 6, 2010

Thanks for the link to the other thread Stellar. I guess that's the discussion I missed out on/was trying to get here.

stellarchick86

[9]Aug 6, 2010
    BrushYourTeeth wrote:

Thanks for the link to the other thread Stellar. I guess that's the discussion I missed out on/was trying to get here.

No prob. Just wanted to point it out since not many people come by here lately so if you wanted other opinions, then there ya go LOL

stellarchick86

[10]Aug 17, 2010
    Okay so lets say they decided to do a show where it was a one-episode one-hour long thing about what happens in the future. It can tie in with the flashforward they had at the end of the finale or it can be all new stuff. What would you guys include? Id just love to hear ideas on what everyone sees in the future for this show and not just what the writers would want.

BrushYourTeeth

[11]Aug 20, 2010

That's kinda what I was wondering in the first place. I mentioned a little of what I wanted.

Ryan would get married to Taylor at the end of the episode, as we are introduced to them post-proposal, with the kid he picked up off the streets a few years older now. The Coen's (Sandy and Kirsten) would suggest to hold the wedding at their place, were we could meet Sarah? I think that was the kids name. In come the married Seth and Summer, Julie and Frank with child. I have no idea what the heck would happen, but it'd be a crazy family dinner.

stellarchick86

[12]Aug 21, 2010
    BrushYourTeeth wrote:
    That's kinda what I was wondering in the first place.

Oh I know LOL I was just trying to revive the thread again since it died. I didnt care who answered lol.

All the stuff that I wouldve wanted wouldnt happen (like Jimmy and Julie getting back together, Marissa and Caleb not being dead, etc) so I dont really know what I wouldve wanted that didnt happen. I guess the only thing I wouldve changed was Im not sure that I wouldve had Sophie or Frank Jr. I feel like TV shows do that sometimes when they want to have a spinoff/new generation type of thing and I wouldve rather had them show Ryan/Sethummer/etc have kids instead of the adults having more. Everything else was good though.

Edited on 08/21/2010 1:48am

Ultimatrum

[13]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 1
    I've been looking for a thread about the OC recently as Much is airing it and so are a few other channels.

I would really LOVE it if the OC came back. Although, it would only be as good if the Core Four would come back along with Julie, Sandy, and Kirsten. Although, it would be alright if Marissa wouldn't come back or if they could fake her death saying that she did it to protect Ryan or it was a miracle that she survived or something of the sort. It could still be a new generation with the kids being of he Core Four and Julie, Sandy, and Kirsten there still supporting. The only way it would be a hit would be with the Core Four and Julie, Sandy, and Kirsten.

I just recently started watching the OC as it was aired on MUCH and it was my first time. I got hooked immediately. The premier of the show where the title song comes out when Ryan is leaving his house on his bike is what made the OC. There is no OC without those main characters. Currently for where I am, Season 3 ends on monday. Although, I know what kind of happens in the future as I read on the episode plots a little bit. Even then, I would really love to have the OC back.