The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

season 4 is good

azyber1

[1]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    I have watched the first 7 episodes of season 4 again and I have to say it is much better than I had thought, I wish people gave it a chance. They must have been to mad at Marissa's death, I know I was
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JHarperFan

[2]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 6
    The first 3 episodes were great and so was The Summer Bummer, but after the post Marissa death stuff they had no material at all. I mean, they killed off Marissa so we could get crap like Taylor's ex-husband writing a book called Peaches with Taylor sex scenes and Ryan getting jealous? That made the Johnny arc look like The Godfather.

RTTV989

[3]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    JHarperFan wrote:
    The first 3 episodes were great and so was The Summer Bummer, but after the post Marissa death stuff they had no material at all. I mean, they killed off Marissa so we could get crap like Taylor's ex-husband writing a book called Peaches with Taylor sex scenes and Ryan getting jealous? That made the Johnny arc look like The Godfather.
    I actually felt kind of the opposite, I thought after the first 3 episodes it got better. Well I guess that is because Marissa was my least favorite character. Season 4 was my favorite season.

azyber1

[4]Mar 5, 2009
    well I think that the first 7 episodes have been amazing, all of them. Not up to par with season 1 but how could it without Marissa. Havent got to the part that he is talking about above but the Ryan- Taylor relationship makes since now. It does not mean Ryan would take Taylor over Marissa cause you can tell thats not true, he chose Marissa in the Chrismukk-huh? episode which was awesome. Anyways im enjoying it, dont know how much I will when Atwood's dad comes back, we will see

stellarchick86

[5]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    Seriously this has been debated to death. No offence or anything.

azyber1

[6]Mar 6, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Seriously this has been debated to death. No offence or anything.

thats good to know... im sorry i just watched these episodes for the second time and wondered how other people felt about this season. I have not been on this forum for at least a year or two so I did not realize you already commented on this topic

stellarchick86

[7]Mar 6, 2009
    Sorry I didnt mean to come off rude. But even the thread below it called "How would season 4 be if Marissa was on" or something like that it started turning into a s4 debate and there were even some threads before that about s4 as well that may or may not be on this page I dont know offhand.

dool_girl

[8]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 27

well there realy isnt much left to debate over so might as well continue the never ending season 4 debate

Season 4 is my least favorite. I felt like Taylor/Ryan was sooo forced. I am a HUGE Marissa/Ryan fan whihc probably makes my opinions a little biased, but idk I just felt like Taylor was like not happy, but not terribly sad Marissa had died, like in that episode where she kept going on about how "shes no marissa" and stuff.

But there was stuff about the season that I did like such as Kaitlin being around and Sandy/Kirsten being happy and I loved the flash back episode.

I dont hate, its just not my favorite!

Edited on 03/07/2009 4:11pm

azyber1

[9]Mar 8, 2009

yeah it is not my favorite season either but I actually liked it a lot. I believe that Ryan got together with Taylor because he just wanted to start moving on as best as possible, then he found Taylor, did not want to date her until they kissed. After watching the Chrismaskah episode you can tell ryan would rather be with Marissa which is the way it should be so its good. I liked Marissa a lot more too. Anyways I thought season 4 was also good is because, like you said, sandy and kirsten were happy. It is funny that those were the better two seasons basically for me.

dool_girl

[10]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 27
    ^^^ Ya i did like the Christmakah episode that season too! I liked how they made it show that ryan gave Marissa an extra 3 years of life So that was nice and I thought that episode was a good way to bring a nice closure to the whole story!

azyber1

[11]Mar 8, 2009
    yeah I always thought that they should have let Marissa get on the boat and leave and then come back for guest appearances, that would have been better in my opinion

iareally

[12]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    I was never anti-marissa, but I was never her biggest fan either. Plus I didn't feel her and Ryan were great. I was always happiest watching the show when they weren't together. So season was great the first time around, aside from the sadness of knowing it was its last season.

And the second (and third and fourth) time around, it was still my favorite season because I fell in love with Ryan and Taylor together. I thought they did a great job of letting their relationship develop while still letting him grieve over Marissa, and then begin to car for her.

and I agree with who ever said that we might as well debate S4 to the end, anything that keeps the forum alive for people who love the show! :]]

PiperPrueLover4

[13]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 18
    People are just too romantic and place far too much emphasis on the romantic storylines in the show. When Marissa died it ended Ryan and Marissa for sure, and people were so angry at that (even though Seth and Summer were SO the main attraction) that they stopped watching. Thus cancellation.

stellarchick86

[14]Mar 15, 2009
    Even though I was/am a huge Maryan shipper, thats not the only reason why I didnt like season 4. The storylines were just boring and the actors just seemed like they had enough of being there (especially Kelly and Adam). The characters just didnt have the same spark that they had which is funny because Ryan wasnt SUPPOSED to have the same spark since Marissa died but he was probably one of the only ones who did. Thats why I think its interesting that everyone says the same thing about s3 and how depressing it was but the characters were way more themselves in s3 than s4. Even if Marissa was in s4 Id still say it would be my least fave unless she had an EXTRAORDINARY storyline which I doubt she would have. Other people mayve quit because of no Marissa/no Maryan but not me.

havoc2

[15]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 19
    I think the first 8 episodes of season 4 were decent (excluding 404 and 405 because those episodes were horrendous) Not too much happend in 406-408 but I actually thought those episodes were really funny, but 409-beyond (with the exception of "the night moves" the storylines were getting blatantly ridiculous. (all that crap with Taylor's ex husband, Seth/Summer engagement, the bullet wedding, all the crap with Che)

superkst20

[16]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    I didn't mind the season. I loved the Summer and Seth of course however I wish they would of done a movie or something. I would of liked to see who proposed to who... I mean would Seth really risk being rejected in asking her to marry him again? Plus Summer seems to have the upperhand once in awhile I can see her proposing and I can see him proposing..

I'd also liked to see more of the wedding

I honestly think they should do a movie and go into the future a few years later... like Ryan and Taylor just getting married as Seth and Summer are starting a family with Summer pregnant that would be a funny sight... poor seth

But... I do not mind Taylor and Ryan they grew on me but I feel like if Mischa would not have wanted to leave the show it would of been Ryan and Marissa and at times like the first season I loved those two together then they screwed up her character or sooo much...

My fav shipping is Seth and Summer so all is good in my shipping mind at least...

cube2k8

[17]May 11, 2010
    • level: 14

season 4 was good in the beging but towards the end it started to get really bad

txgirl75

[18]May 13, 2010
    • level: 23
    I thought season four was pretty good too. Had a little more comedy in it. I did miss Marissa though to bad they had to kill her off.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[19]May 29, 2010
    • level: 47
    JHarperFan wrote:

I have the complete opposite thoughts. I thought they were running out of material in season 3 and then with Taylor replacing Marissa and also fixating Kaitlin into the cast, it started to get more original. Season 1 is the best, but imo season 4 had the best writing.

stellarchick86

[20]May 31, 2010
    havoc2 wrote:
    I think the first 8 episodes of season 4 were decent (excluding 404 and 405 because those episodes were horrendous) Not too much happend in 406-408 but I actually thought those episodes were really funny, but 409-beyond (with the exception of "the night moves" the storylines were getting blatantly ridiculous. (all that crap with Taylor's ex husband, Seth/Summer engagement, the bullet wedding, all the crap with Che)

I compltely agree. The first few were okay and I enjoyed the The Night Moves and the last one enough but I hated the crap in the middle. I never found Taylor/Ryan extremely interesting other than her helping him get over Marissa so he wasnt so mopey at the end of the finale and I hated Che and all that animal spirit crap they had Seth go through. I wasnt a big fan of Julie/Frank except for the fact that he was Ryans dad and it was nice to see Julie more "down to earth". I also never could really stand Kaitlin (sorry). I didnt care much for the Ward twins or Chris Brown's character either. And like I said, the actors just seemed like they had enough (esp. Adam). So to me S4 is just..blah LOL.