The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

season 4 is good

havoc2

[21]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 19

stellarchick86 wrote:
    havoc2 wrote:
    I think the first 8 episodes of season 4 were decent (excluding 404 and 405 because those episodes were horrendous) Not too much happend in 406-408 but I actually thought those episodes were really funny, but 409-beyond (with the exception of "the night moves" the storylines were getting blatantly ridiculous. (all that crap with Taylor's ex husband, Seth/Summer engagement, the bullet wedding, all the crap with Che)
    I compltely agree. The first few were okay and I enjoyed the The Night Moves and the last one enough but I hated the crap in the middle. I never found Taylor/Ryan extremely interesting other than her helping him get over Marissa so he wasnt so mopey at the end of the finale and I hated Che and all that animal spirit crap they had Seth go through. I wasnt a big fan of Julie/Frank except for the fact that he was Ryans dad and it was nice to see Julie more "down to earth". I also never could really stand Kaitlin (sorry). I didnt care much for the Ward twins or Chris Brown's character either. And like I said, the actors just seemed like they had enough (esp. Adam). So to me S4 is just..blah LOL.

Yeah the last few episodes were just completely ridiculous to me. I absolutely hated Kaitlin as well. like why the hell was she not affect Marissa's death at all? It seemed like in her mind that Marissa did indeed really sail off with Jimmy. I did not like the series finale because all the storylines in it came out of nowhere so i couldn't take any of them seriously.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 32
    ^^I agree, not a big fan of Kaitlin, glad Im not the only one. I didnt think the last few episodes were GREAT but compared to the rest of the season, I like it. And I also believe that it was a little ridiculous how quickly they got over Marissa. Ryan and Julie seemed a bit more natural afterwards because they werent as mopey as they were in the beginning of the season yet you could tell they were still affected (more so Julie than Ryan). It really kinda sucked killing off Marissa because they couldnt have everyone sad the whole season yet they needed to show that someone whos been in their life for at least 3 years mattered to them enough too.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[23]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 47
    I think I might be the only one that liked Kaitlin; I absolutely loved her because of the attitude she brought, brilliant acting, and sarcastic humour that gave me a multitude of laughs. And I kind of agree they got over Marissa's death a bit too soon, but how long were they going to mope around? 8 more episodes? That would have been a been idea imo.

emmijay53

[24]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 1

i completely agree! I mean people said it'd be terrible but i thought it was better than season 3 definately i have recently started watching them again and i totally miss it

purplehewitt

[25]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 5

I like most things about season 4 except Kaitlins and the Ward Twins/Will and Che 's storylines. I liked Ryan and Taylor. I loved the last two episodes- Ryan trying to be brave/a hreo though he was hurt, Seth giving Ryan blood, Sophie Rose Cohen, Seth/Summer Wedding, Ryan and the kid at the very end, how they made Summer and Julie more caring/mature people- Summer with her activism and Julie going to college and not marrying Bullit because he was rich and chosing Bullit at first beacuse Kaitlin liked him so much and not marrying Frank right away cause they had a kid together.

stellarchick86

[26]Aug 30, 2011
    • level: 32
    Ive been re-watching the show and decided to watch s4 again to finish it up and something dawned on me, a big reason why, I couldnt get into this season like previous seasons. S2 focused a lot on love triangles, yes, and s3 was a bit darker yes (and Johnny...ugh) but what I will say for them over s4 is that I FELT like it was still the same show. S2-3 felt like s1 to me because you got to see the school, the beach, the newpsie parties, etc. S4 just felt like I was watching Gilmore Girls or a rom-com or something. I felt like it took away the fish-out-of-water-living-in-a-rich-part-of-Cali aspect to the show. The show couldve taken place in Chino and it wouldnt have made much difference because it just focused on Summer at Brown, Ryan/Seth at work, Bullet/Frank crap, Taylor/Ryan..the background didnt matter anymore, which is a shame. I think that was a major reason why s4 felt very meh to me. It felt like it was a spinoff and it was just a majority of the same characters were there. Anyone else feel that way??

Kadodian

[27]May 15, 2012
    • level: 23
    I liked how light season 4 was in comparison to 2 and 3. The humor was back, and that was something the show had missed for a while. Also, Taylor and Ryan's relationship was really cute. They have chemistry. Killing Marrissa was a dumb move, but they were deffinately heading in the right direction with season 4.

134sc

[29]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 1

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ive been re-watching the show and decided to watch s4 again to finish it up and something dawned on me, a big reason why, I couldnt get into this season like previous seasons. S2 focused a lot on love triangles, yes, and s3 was a bit darker yes (and Johnny...ugh) but what I will say for them over s4 is that I FELT like it was still the same show. S2-3 felt like s1 to me because you got to see the school, the beach, the newpsie parties, etc. S4 just felt like I was watching Gilmore Girls or a rom-com or something. I felt like it took away the fish-out-of-water-living-in-a-rich-part-of-Cali aspect to the show. The show couldve taken place in Chino and it wouldnt have made much difference because it just focused on Summer at Brown, Ryan/Seth at work, Bullet/Frank crap, Taylor/Ryan..the background didnt matter anymore, which is a shame. I think that was a major reason why s4 felt very meh to me. It felt like it was a spinoff and it was just a majority of the same characters were there. Anyone else feel that way??
    I may be responding to this 2 years later, but I just finished my OC rewatch (first time since it went of the air) and I have to say I agree with you (to an extent). I really enjoyed season 4, the acting was good, as was the writing. That being said, yes, it WAS like I was watching a spin-off. It was a different show, but with all of the same characters. Looking back, its almost as if The OC ended with season 3 and season 4 was an extra bonus season.