TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

The OC or One Tree Hill

andreapanda

[41]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 2

greysanatomy12 wrote:

An BTW,thevoice overs were a big part of the show and it's what made it special and more emotional.If you want to watch justhigh schooldrama you can watch the O.C. or Gossip Girl or 90210.OTH had high school drama but it also had a lot more depth.

yeh voiceovers were great BUT IT WASNT A VOICEOVER. in season 3 finale, haley and nathan are driving to the airport and he says it to herAND I WANT TO UNHEAR IT

and id gladly watch the OC. but to be honest, if one tree hill ended after season 4 i might say one tree hill is my favourite showinstead of oc

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

andreapanda

[42]Sep 24, 2010

andreapanda wrote:

yeh voiceovers were great BUT IT WASNT A VOICEOVER. in season 3 finale, haley and nathan are driving to the airport and he says it to herAND I WANT TO UNHEAR IT

wait im wrong, that wasnt the first time he said it and it wasnt the worst. he first talks bout some "stillness" after he he makes up with haley and they are lyin in bed together, thts wen it was the worst. cnt remember wich episode but ho can u watch tht and not barf

greysanatomy12

[43]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 16

Anyway,i don't remember that part.Comparing the first four seasons of each show i don't think the O.C. stands any chance.The O.C had two really great seasons whereas OTH had four really great seasons.And to me,the adult years are really enjoyable.Different but still riveting.

andreapanda

[44]Sep 25, 2010

well i wudn;t go as far as to say oc wudnt stand a chance, but one tree hill did have four good seasons while oc had a PHENOMENAL first season,good second season, pretty bad third season, and and good fourth season(imo).

i use apoint system(i dnt kno if this makes sense to you) :

-1=crap 1=ok 2=good 3=phenomenal

one tree hill = 1(s1)+1(s2)+2(s3)+2(s4)=6

oc=3(s1)+2(s2)-1(s3)+2(s4)=6

and so,u cud go either way, like i said.

HOWEVER:

technically oth=6-1(s5)-1(s6)-1(s7)=3

therefore, oc is my favourite show

greysanatomy12

[45]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 16

Season 3 and season 4 of OTH are more than ok,IMO.They are the best years of the show so i would call them phenomenal.

andreapanda

[46]Sep 26, 2010

ur kinda right.but they r not PHENOMENAL.oc season 1 was jampacked with all kinds of stories so it gets a phenomenal.if oc season 2 gets good, i suppose u r right in saying oth s3 and s4 aremore than good. they r great, so maybe i wud give them each 2 1/2 points instead of 2. but season 5 and onward hurt the show too much. took away from the show a lot. i might hav given season 4 the full 3 points if the season finale was the series finale cuz it wud have been epic.

stellarchick86

[47]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    This is all just perception and peoples opinions because this is how I would rate each show, which is different than both of yours. No one is 'better' or 'worse' because of a season they like or didnt like.

The OC: 1, 2, 3, 4

OTH: 3, 2, 1, 4

casonline

[48]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 4

The O.C. hands down!!!!

CLikesPie

[49]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 6

I love them both, but I've always watched the o.c. on tv, whereas I only recently discovered oth, so due to my nostalgia I would have to go with o.c.

Daniela7464

[50]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 4

I love OC, very much so, but magnificently stupid Marissa really pisses me off. And no matter how amazing Adam B.is, Imiss OTH a great deal. So OTH it is!