The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

The OC Season 5 Suggested Storylines.

ocseason4fan

[1]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 9

I was just re-watching The OC and i realised that if there was a season 5, there would be so many storylines to fill it. Whether they would have been successful storylines or not we will never know.

Here are storylines that Josh could have elaborated on:

* Sandy's brother & sister which we never met,

* Sandy's dad that disappeared when he was growing up,

* Julies family in Riverside, and yes, including aunt Cindy!

* The baby that Theresa had could've been brought back into the story as Ryan's,

* We could have been introduced to Julie's son and see her build her own family.

Im not saying all of these would work but if there was a season 5 they could have used some of these topics to elaborate on; what else could they have used?

BTW: I DID NOT ONCE MENTION THAT I THINK THERE'S GONNA BE A SEASON 5!

Edited on 04/12/2007 1:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dyle123

[2]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 26
    I did a topic like this before so expect A LOT of...

"THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE A SEASON FIVE" and "THE SHOW WILL NEVER COME BACK"

Anyway I was saying the same thing that there are loads of storylines for a fifth season! You missed out Summer's Mom! But I was think more about the people in their new environments! Sandy as a professor helping his students, Kirsten with a daughter, Julie becoming independent and having a son, Ryan running his business Newport Group style with permits etc! Summer the activist, married to Seth, kids? Taylor and Ryan, marriage? There's so much! I might copy my post from the other topic! A season five would be amazing!

TheOCDude

[3]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 5

Well, since i've written so much about this already lol...i'll do it again, abbreviated:

If i could bring the OC back and write it, this is what i would do: 

For the season premiere: The first scene would open with the whole 'last season on the OC' thing and then have a shot of the kid Ryan was asking for help. Then i'd have the first scene be Theresa driving in her car. She gets in the car, and as she's driving she's talking on her cell phone to her son. She drops the phone and as she does, she loses control of the car, crashes, and dies. Then we see a "24 hours later" appear on the bottom of the screen. The next scene would be Ryan in a restaurant with Taylor. Here we find out that Summer and Seth had just gotten married and Taylor moved back to Newport after France to start her own Sleep Therapy practice, and her and Ryan have rekindled things. Ryan tells her of a troubled kid he helped today, and that he reminded him of himself when he was younger. Then Ryan gets the verve to propose to Taylor (in his weird, distant Ryan way of course) and before Taylor can say yes, Ryan gets a call on his cell phone from Sandy with the news of Theresa's death and saying that the lawyers for Theresa are saying that Ryan is the father of her son. 

CREDITS

The episode will then see Seth and Summer coming back from their honeymoon and facing life in Newport as a married couple. Seth is working on a new comic book and Summer is still doing her environmental stuff, heading her own company. Ryan is an architect and Taylor is Newports new favorite Sleep Therapist. Julie got a fashion and business degree and opened up her own high-end fashion boutique that she is looking to get Summer involved in. Kaitlin is going to college at USC, where she runs into an old aquaintance...Luke Ward, who she begins to pursue. Sandy and Kirsten are living in Berkeley with their daughter Sophie. Sandy is a professor at Berkeley still, and Kirsten has opened up a successful small cafe that she owns and runs. Ryan deals with the fact that Theresa is dead and that her son actually was his son.

The rest of the season:

• Ryan struggles with raising a son, and Taylor jumps at the chance to help him, but they need to really be solid ground, so they go through troubles as Ryan tries to build a solid family and a stable environment for his new son. Ryan and Taylor get married in the middle of the season...February sweeps episode
    • Summer and Seth go through their own struggles as a recently married couple - Seth struggles with trying to make deadlines for his comic book, and Summer partners with Julie.
    • Summer and Julie bond and build a strong relationship with each other. But that all changes when Summer's birth mother and a sister Summer never knew she had breeze into Newport. Summer never knew she a had a sister, and Summer's mom tells her she gave her up for adoption, thats why she never knew. Summer struggles with trying to find a place between her new family and her old one.
    • Summer's rage issues come into play, especially when her new sister comes on to Seth
    • Kaitlin and Luke hook up. Luke becomes a series regular
    • Julie and her son live in their own house. Neither Frank nor Bullit are the picture. Jimmy comes back in the middle of the season for Julie.
    • Seth's cousin from New York comes to live in Newport, and makes trouble for everyone, especially when he becomes interested in Taylor. He's the resident bad boy this season and causes all sorts of trouble in Newport, throwing wild parties, and getting involved in the wrong things. Kind of like Volchok/Trey, but with the wit of Seth and Sandy. Him and Summer's half sister end up having an affair
    • Seth and Summer look into buying the old Cohen house and commission Ryan to do the redesign.
    • Summer's mom ends up leaving again, forcing Summer into a depression thinking it was her fault. this allows Summer and her half sister to become closer, but Taylor is jealous and weary of her, which drives a wedge between Taylor and Summer.
    • It is revealed that Ryan and Summer had a secret affair. that lasted a year. We get flashbacks to that, as Ryan and Summer act awkwardly around one another...

gocougars2005

[4]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 3

I was down with everyting except the secret affair between summer and ryan.

When would have that taken place? Also, doesn't seem really out of character for both Summer and Ryan?

tytetyson

[5]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    hmm lets see, they all move to tree hill and be the OTH stars bishes muhahahahahaha

Firetears

[6]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 23

I had wrote a pilot for the continuation of the show the same day I watched the finale. I think it's great and I pretty much play the show over in my head. It sounds wierd but here's pretty much what I got.

• The show takes place with Ryan nearing his 30th birthday. He takes the kid in for the night but as Ryan searches for his mother the kid(who I named Nathan) ran away. The next day after getting jumped the kid returns to Ryan house.
    • Seth and Summer have a 8 year old daughter named Spring Marissa Cohen(cheesy I know) and they both are going through the obvious problems in life.
    • Sandy and Kirsten are in their 50s and still look as fresh as day considering they took care of little Sophie for 14 years now.
    • Nathan's mother is a pretty petty biatch. She literally doesn't want Nathan. To show an example she pushed him to the ground in front of Ryan, Seth, and Summer while they try to reconnect them. After doing that she storms out the house and later was pronounced death at suicide.
    • Ryan feels completely responsible for the kid now and completely takes him in.
    • Nathan eventually goes to Newport High as a freshmen along with Sophie, whom he grows a sudden interest in.
    • Ryan soon discovers that Taylor is Nathan's french teacher and after catching up, he finds out she's engaged too.
    • The situation with Taylor and her soon to be husband, David, is that Taylor actually REALLY loves David but she harbors strong feelings for Ryan, her true first love.
    • Nathan and Spring eventually make a bonding as big brother, little sister.
    • Nathan's best friend, Kenneth, also has an interest in Sophie.
    • Sophie's best friend, Dana, has a boyfriend named Trevor who hates Nathan.
    • Those things become relevant to the story and Nathan, Sophie, Kenneth, and Dana are pretty much the fabulous four of this show.

That's just my ideas. For some reason they sound pretty stupid outloud.

Greggy2806

[7]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    Some nice ideas, especially Oc Dude, but the Summer and Ryan thing just sounds a little too out there, even for a show about Orange County.

But I dont know, I think they ended the show at the right time. It was always about the high school kinda vibe, random parties and the original reltionships. Whenever I hear 'Caught by the River' by Doves it just reminds me of the feeling the OC was all about.

dyle123

[8]Apr 14, 2007

This is my post from the topic a started a while ago about a "Season Five"!

I think it would be so good! There is so much that could happen, everyone's life is different and it would be very interesting. I also think it would be a much more grown-up and mature show.

Sandy: his life as a professor would be interesting with him helping out his students and the problems they have. Also his life with Kirsten and their new daughter.

Kirsten: raising a daughter instead of a son and the troubles she would have with her, or how cute they would be together! I imagine them being best friends, the total oppisite of Julie and Marissa. Maybe Hailey would be back too!

Ryan: I can see him with Taylor and them contemplating marriage and all the drama it would involve with marrying Taylor! Also him finally working as an architect, it could be like the Newport Group with permits and possibly troubling staff.

Taylor: she would also be pursuing whatever career she's chosen (a translator?!) and also trying to keep Ryan happy, trying not to be too needy, just being her usual adorable self!

Seth: trying to make it as a movie critic would be very intereting! Also I would love to see him and Summer as Newlyweds! They would be like Sandy and Kirsten only cuter and more dramatic!

Summer: she would definitely not be a Newpsie! She would have some enviromental job and be constantly protesting against
    something! It would be interesting to see what she gets herself into! Also her and Seth may decide to start a family, maybe she can't concieve, it would be a touching storyline.

Julie: her story could possibly be the most entertaining! Her trying to start a career as well as having a new son! She would also have Frank and Bullit fighting over her which would be so much fun!

Kaitlin: she would be in college and ruling it like she was supposed to in Harbor!

I think there's so much potential for another season and am so sad there won't be!

I think a good idea would be a spin-off with Julie, Kaitlin, Julie's son, Bullit and Frank. Julie would be the main character and the storylines would revolve around her! She's my favourite character and I loved how she was in the finale, a Julie Cooper show would be amazing!

JHarperFan

[9]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    I still think in Season 4 Ryan should have been depressed for longer and maybe hooked up with Kaitlin and Summer. Those would be so taboo it'd be great. They really should have milked Ryan falling apart and had him do stuff like that would have angered everyone.

smikkelenberg

[10]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    JHarperFan wrote:
    I still think in Season 4 Ryan should have been depressed for longer and maybe hooked up with Kaitlin and Summer. Those would be so taboo it'd be great.
    whaha

generalbrent

[11]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 15
    I think the main thing overlooked is that the ending skipped forward several years for closuer (sp?). If there was a season 5, there wouldn't of been the whole skip forward, and those things would of all been explored in season 5 (julie/kirsten bring up another kid, etc)

ocseason4fan

[12]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    tytetyson wrote:
    hmm lets see, they all move to tree hill and be the OTH stars bishes muhahahahahaha

Get lost!

dyle123

[13]Apr 15, 2007
    generalbrent wrote:
    I think the main thing overlooked is that the ending skipped forward several years for closuer (sp?). If there was a season 5, there wouldn't of been the whole skip forward, and those things would of all been explored in season 5 (julie/kirsten bring up another kid, etc)

But I think that it would continue from where the flash-forward stopped! Ryan as an architect, Sandy as a professor, Seth and Summer married, Kirsten with her daughter, Julie with her degree and son, Kaitlin in college etc I think it would be really good!!

happy-days-4-sr

[14]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 14
    im in england so i aint seen th last 2 eps yet, but i agree wiv theocdude accpet th bit about summer n ryan. mayb there wil b spin-offs - i hope so, im not sure if i can liv off re-runs totaly lol!

One-Tree-Hunny

[15]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    i think thats a gd thing about it ending because i personally dont think they could have taken the characters any further

_dimples_

[16]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    TheOCDude wrote:

Well, since i've written so much about this already lol...i'll do it again, abbreviated:

For the season premiere: The first scene would open with the whole 'last season on the OC' thing and then have a shot of the kid Ryan was asking for help. Then i'd have the first scene be Theresa driving in her car. She gets in the car, and as she's driving she's talking on her cell phone to her son. She drops the phone and as she does, she loses control of the car, crashes, and dies. Then we see a "24 hours later" appear on the bottom of the screen. The next scene would be Ryan in a restaurant with Taylor. Here we find out that Summer and Seth had just gotten married and Taylor moved back to Newport after France to start her own Sleep Therapy practice, and her and Ryan have rekindled things. Ryan tells her of a troubled kid he helped today, and that he reminded him of himself when he was younger. Then Ryan gets the verve to propose to Taylor (in his weird, distant Ryan way of course) and before Taylor can say yes, Ryan gets a call on his cell phone from Sandy with the news of Theresa's death and saying that the lawyers for Theresa are saying that Ryan is the father of her son. 

CREDITS

The episode will then see Seth and Summer coming back from their honeymoon and facing life in Newport as a married couple. Seth is working on a new comic book and Summer is still doing her environmental stuff, heading her own company. Ryan is an architect and Taylor is Newports new favorite Sleep Therapist. Julie got a fashion and business degree and opened up her own high-end fashion boutique that she is looking to get Summer involved in. Kaitlin is going to college at USC, where she runs into an old aquaintance...Luke Ward, who she begins to pursue. Sandy and Kirsten are living in Berkeley with their daughter Sophie. Sandy is a professor at Berkeley still, and Kirsten has opened up a successful small cafe that she owns and runs. Ryan deals with the fact that Theresa is dead and that her son actually was his son.

The rest of the season:

• Ryan struggles with raising a son, and Taylor jumps at the chance to help him, but they need to really be solid ground, so they go through troubles as Ryan tries to build a solid family and a stable environment for his new son. Ryan and Taylor get married in the middle of the season...February sweeps episode
    • Summer and Seth go through their own struggles as a recently married couple - Seth struggles with trying to make deadlines for his comic book, and Summer partners with Julie.
    • Summer and Julie bond and build a strong relationship with each other. But that all changes when Summer's birth mother and a sister Summer never knew she had breeze into Newport. Summer never knew she a had a sister, and Summer's mom tells her she gave her up for adoption, thats why she never knew. Summer struggles with trying to find a place between her new family and her old one.
    • Summer's rage issues come into play, especially when her new sister comes on to Seth
    • Kaitlin and Luke hook up. Luke becomes a series regular
    • Julie and her son live in their own house. Neither Frank nor Bullit are the picture. Jimmy comes back in the middle of the season for Julie.
    • Seth's cousin from New York comes to live in Newport, and makes trouble for everyone, especially when he becomes interested in Taylor. He's the resident bad boy this season and causes all sorts of trouble in Newport, throwing wild parties, and getting involved in the wrong things. Kind of like Volchok/Trey, but with the wit of Seth and Sandy. Him and Summer's half sister end up having an affair
    • Seth and Summer look into buying the old Cohen house and commission Ryan to do the redesign.
    • Summer's mom ends up leaving again, forcing Summer into a depression thinking it was her fault. this allows Summer and her half sister to become closer, but Taylor is jealous and weary of her, which drives a wedge between Taylor and Summer.
    • It is revealed that Ryan and Summer had a secret affair. that lasted a year. We get flashbacks to that, as Ryan and Summer act awkwardly around one another...

^^^ I totally loved it until.. the Ryan Summer affair..  Where did that idea come from!? The rest was great though!

dyle123

[17]Apr 15, 2007
    Ya TheOCDude has good ideas, but the Ryan/Summer past affair is far too One Tree Hill! No way could that happen!

that70sshow2000

[18]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 15

It's all cool to think about, but there's no realistically way had there been a season 5 that it would be successful showing Ryan and gang at 30 years old in their lives, where S4 finale left off.

Had there been a season 5, Josh would of stopped the 4th finale before the flashbacks, probably after Summer got onto the bus.  

dyle123

[19]Apr 16, 2007
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

It's all cool to think about, but there's no realistically way had there been a season 5 that it would be successful showing Ryan and gang at 30 years old in their lives, where S4 finale left off.

Had there been a season 5, Josh would of stopped the 4th finale before the flashbacks, probably after Summer got onto the bus.

It's called an imagination! We're just thinking of possible stoylines! No one believes there will be, but IF there was! Look at the original post again!
    BTW: I DID NOT ONCE MENTION THAT I THINK THERE'S GONNA BE A SEASON 5!
    This is just hypothetical!

Ndeesaster

[20]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    TheOCDude wrote:

CREDITS

The rest of the season:

Ryan struggles with raising a son, and Taylor jumps at the chance to help him, but they need to really be solid ground, so they go through troubles as Ryan tries to build a solid family and a stable environment for his new son. Ryan and Taylor get married in the middle of the season...February sweeps episode Summer and Seth go through their own struggles as a recently married couple - Seth struggles with trying to make deadlines for his comic book, and Summer partners with Julie.
    Summer and Julie bond and build a strong relationship with each other. But that all changes when Summer's birth mother and a sister Summer never knew she had breeze into Newport. Summer never knew she a had a sister, and Summer's mom tells her she gave her up for adoption, thats why she never knew. Summer struggles with trying to find a place between her new family and her old one.
    Summer's rage issues come into play, especially when her new sister comes on to Seth
    Kaitlin and Luke hook up. Luke becomes a series regular Julie and her son live in their own house. Neither Frank nor Bullit are the picture. Jimmy comes back in the middle of the season for Julie.
    Seth's cousin from New York comes to live in Newport, and makes trouble for everyone, especially when he becomes interested in Taylor. He's the resident bad boy this season and causes all sorts of trouble in Newport, throwing wild parties, and getting involved in the wrong things. Kind of like Volchok/Trey, but with the wit of Seth and Sandy. Him and Summer's half sister end up having an affair Seth and Summer look into buying the old Cohen house and commission Ryan to do the redesign.Summer's mom ends up leaving again, forcing Summer into a depression thinking it was her fault. this allows Summer and her half sister to become closer, but Taylor is jealous and weary of her, which drives a wedge between Taylor and Summer.It is revealed that Ryan and Summer had a secret affair. that lasted a year. We get flashbacks to that, as Ryan and Summer act awkwardly around one another...

that is actually reallly good..
    i really hate that it ends..