The O.C. Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Top 'lump in your throat' magic oc moments that make you cry

alibastian4ever

[1]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 1

I am compliling a list of your oc magic emotional moments and I would like you to write down what yours are - as many as you like. Sad, warm, romantic.......

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    The only moment that makes me cry everytime I see it is the last 5 minutes of 'The Ties That Bind'. I just think it was shot beautifully and the way they have Ryan/Marissa at the end of the driveway and Seth sailing off and Kirsten crying on the bed while Sandy consoles him is heartbreaking.
    Marissas death in 'The Graduates' makes me cry sometimes but not all the time because its more of a shocked/angry feeling that they took her out than a sad one. Cant think of anything else at the moment.

LeytonTLA

[3]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 16
    definatly the last episode of season one like you said ^^^^ thats sooo sad, the death of marissa aswell when jonny dies thats so sad too, where ryan and marissa break up in the valentines episode and ryan adams is playing in the back ground and seth and summer are dancing that makes me teary lol when caleb dies i cry everytime, the intervention with kirsten, shooting trey god there is so many lol

stellarchick86

[4]Dec 30, 2009
    Ah yes the intervention is quite sad too though it doesnt make me cry EVERY time...more like every once in a while

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[5]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 8

also for me, the Intervention.
    Marrissas Death,
    when summer returns and she looks into the room marrissa was in and sees the shadow.

JHarperFan

[6]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 6
    The only time I ever shed a tear during The OC or any other show was the last few minutes of the final episode. Seeing Ryan walk around having flashbacks and then the montage just made me realize after 4 years my favorite television show ever was over, and it did make me shed a couple of tears.

stellarchick86

[7]Jan 15, 2010
    ^^Ah yes, that moment makes me feel the same way sometimes. Esp. with the Patrick Park song, I love it and its beautiful, but a bit depressing.

angrodpallanen

[8]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 22
    I'm a guy so I don't want to say I cry, but I get lots of lumps in my throat and dust in my eyes during The O.C. Here are the 8 times it happens the most:

Marissa breaks down in Chino
    Ryan gets dragged away from Oliver while screaming "Stay away from her!"
    Ryan and Marissa meet for the first time
    Ryan and Marissa sit by the pool hoping everything is going to be ok, while the camera zooms out, only to move back in again and show their doubt
    Seth proclaims his love for Summer with Patrick Park on the background
    Ryan picks Marissa up in The Escape
    Anna says goodbye
    The first season finale where everything is just so sad it makes me want to lay down and wait for death (not really, but I find myself extremely depressed after watching it, luckily there's season 2)

LeytonTLA

[9]Jan 25, 2010
    alot of those i didnt cry at .. i cry at most things cos im a big girl but some of those moments annoyed me, one i really like is after ryan gets suspended from football and sandy goes to talk to him to say that seth wasnt big on organised sports and that he would love to see ryan play and go to some of his games ... im sad thinkin about it lol

ejmonkey3

[10]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 6

this is my favorite show ever and i cant believe its coming up on its anniversary death. i feel the show was taken away way to early. it could have progressed atleast another season. anyways in its short lived 4 seasons there were only a few star struck moments that made me almost tear up and yes 2 moments that made me cry, and yea im a guy sorry to say.

the ending of the first season really just draws so many downfalls mad me feel pretty down.

the spider man episode, rainy day i believe. the signs that summer gets like the small boy and then she ditching water polo for seth was trully heartwarming and made me want to shed, but didnt.

the ending of seaso 3, marissas death. the hole build up of her being able to nicely say goodbye to everyone was so centimental and when ryan was comforting in here arms was when i first shed a single tear for this show.

the ending of season 4, the ends not near its here. the moments ryan re visits the past in the last 10 minutes made me pretty sad in knowing that my favorite show is done, thats the second and only time i shed a tear or two.

LeytonTLA

[11]Feb 21, 2010

those are all really sad moments it was actually really sad when summer left zach at the airport but the whole time you were really wanting it to happen lol

Another sad moment is when luke crashes his car i always thought, i think julie was at her all time lowest point not going to see him in the hospital or speaking to him or anythin after it happened

RachelMartin2

[12]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 2
    When Ryan is holding Marissa when she dies
    so sad!