The O.C.

FOX (ended 2007)

Silver_Sword_14

The O.C. Fan Reviews (1052)

• One of the best teen dramas of all time but it will always come second on my list.

The O.C. was one of the first shows i ever watched religiously.I discovered it one summer and i immediately fell in love with it.With that said,the O.C. is my second favorite teen show after One Tree Hill.I love both shows but i think One Tree Hill is better,even though the O.C. gets all the praise.They both started the same year but OTH evolved so much more.
    Anyway,let's talk about the show now.The show is about a troubled teen from Chino named Ryan who after being kicked out of his house ends up in the home of a rich family in Orange County.There he forms friendships,he finds love,he faces his own fears and he tries to overcome his troubled past.
    Most of the characters are excellent and well-written and most of the storylines are enjoyable.On the other hand,the acting is average.Benjamin Mckenzie is sort of wooden, Mischa Barton is not exactly the best actress and Willa Holland is insufferable.However,a few members of the cast,like Kelly Rowan,Adam Brody and Peter Gallagher are truly magnificent.
    The first season is definitely the best season of the show and the beginning of this beautiful journey.The pilot and the tear-jerking season finale are two of my favorite episodes.
    The second season is not as good as the first one but definitely one of the best.Kirsten's alcoholism,Caleb's death and the return of Trey are extraordinary storylines.
    The third season is kind of a let down considering the strength of the first two seasons.Johnny's death and Volchok were two aspects i hated about this season.
    The fourth season is the worst season,IMO.I thought it was kind of weird.Storylines i hated include: Summer wanting to save the world,Che and his spirit animals,Taylor getting married to that obnoxious french guy who wrote a book about her(??) and Ryan's dad ending up with Julie...
    As a whole,the O.C. was and always will be a great show that influenced a lot of teens around the world,including me.Long live O.C.