The O.C.

The Chrismukk-huh?

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2006 on FOX

Episode Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• A satisfying end to the Marissa saga. Though disappointed she wasn\'t there.

This was a good, if unspectacular episode. Definately a memorable Chrismukkah episode, though there have been only 4. I will say it again and again, but Taylor is definately the star of the show as of now. I absolutely love watching her character grow, as she is no longer the one-dimensional, annoying character from season 3.

I enjoyed seeing the old seth, as he was always a character we could sympathize with, and was always good for a laugh.

I have to say though, Ryan\'s rather stone-cold attitude towards Taylor bothered me a litte. He also remained somewhat emotionless throughout the more dramatic scenes. If that was intentional, then kudos to him, but those scenes just felt kind of empty.

Alt-Summer was also just fricken annoying. I guess that could also be a compliment to the writers, since it was painful to see Summer take a step back after seeing her character develop so well over the years. And Kirsten does not make a convincing 'ice-queen'.

If I remember correctly, I saw Marissa in a trailer for this episode, yet she is nowhere to be found. I thought it would have been great to have her here to drive some emotion out of Ryan, but what was done with her story was done very well without her.

The OC is great again, and I cannot wait to see more.
  • Zzzzzzzz

I love this show but this episode was one of the worst I've ever seen. A definite yawner. I can't believe I stayed awake while watching it. I don't know what's wrong with the tv shows lately but they are strong on the lemon episodes. It looks like a 10 year old kid wrote it. The guys that usually write it surely lost a bet or something because that was terrible. Simply not an interesting story, nothing is moving forward. Everybody was on a break while filming that show. I'll keep watching but I hope it gets back to what it used to be or else I think they're digging their own grave.
  • Chrismukkah! They did it again!

Chrismukkah is here again and another gerat episode. I have to say that i was a bit sceptical about doing this episode. It is so hard to do a great job on an episode where it's like a dream like sequence. One Tree Hill did it last week and it was terrible. But The OC did it and it was amazing! OC does it better everytime, like it should be. Anyways. It was an amazing episode and i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I hated when commercials came on and couldn't wait until the show was back on. I never felt like that since season 1. I believe that this truly was the best chrismukkah episode they ever did. It was exciting, dramatic, but with a sense of lightness to it. Taylor again cracked me up with every scene she did. Great job! Keep up the good work! Can't wait until next week. :)
  • MERRY CHRISMUKKAH EVERYONE!!

Yay for Chrismuhhah! Truthfully, I was expecting this episode to be really corny and lame. But was I ever wrong! Wow…I’d say this is the best Chrismukkah episode yet! The “alt universe” was completely hilarious. Summer and Holly? I almost peed myself laughing! (and ya know…Che doesn’t look half bad as a prep :D) It was really nice to see Jimmy, even though his life was kinda messed up. But I guess that’s nothing new for him. I have to say that I’m happy Marissa wasn’t in this episode. It just wouldn’t have been the same. Ryan reading the letter, on the lifeguard shelter, with the same song playing that played in the alley in TJ…*tear* Even though he doesn’t remember it, it was a beautiful scene.

So Ryan saved the Cohen’s, huh? Who’da thunk it? I suppose it was another Chrismukkah miracle!
  • Another Christmukkah with the Cohens!

In the first Christmukkah, we were all introduced to Seth's "favorite" holiday. In season 2, Summer concucted a plan to save Christmukkah for Lindsay. In season 3, well who can remember..

This year, a whole new approach as Ryan and Taylor find themselves in a parallel universe where nothing is right. Sandy, mayor of Newport, is married to Julie. Kirsten, CEO of the Newport Group, is married to Jimmy .. and Seth is his old geeky self, longing for Summer's love.

In order to come out of their comas, they must each complete the unthinkable and reunite the Cohens!

Great episode, very original, only wish it was 2 hour long :)
1 2 3 >