The O.C.

The Chrismukk-huh?

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2006 on FOX

• One of the best Christmukkah episodes!

What a weird paralel universe!
    Sandy and Julie dont match at all!! Summer is so futil, and who would say she'd marry Che!
    Che is worst then Luke! I love Taylor! She is so funny! And a crazy too!
    Seth is so cute! He looks like a little child! (I hate my life, I hate my life! ahahah)
    Ryan gets less melodramatic from this episode on (I have already finished watching The OC, but sometimes I re-watch my favorite episodes!
    It's good to see that Taylor confronted her mom! But it's weird in the other universe she is a man! ahahhaah
    I love The OC and specially season 4 (and I know a lot of people don't agree wiht me!!)
  • When Taylor and Ryan fall off the roof, they are thrown into an alternate world. The relationships they had and knew are all jumbled and no one is like who they were before. Ryan and Taylor try to find a way back to their own world.

This is one of my favorite OC episodes ever. I just loved how they portrayed everyone in the exact opposite of what they really are. Summer was hilarious as a dumb rich girl. I laso loved seeing the trust between Ryan and Taylor grow. they are great for each other ! I liked how they teased you into thinking Marrissa was alive. When the episode originally aired, i didn`t believe for a second Marrissa was really alive. sorry fox. no fooling me. but i think they fooled a few people. once again, one of my favorite episodes ever. i loved it.
  • This is exactly why I love The O.C.

This is not only my favorite Chrismukkah episode but my favorite episode of season 4. Taylor is so comical and dramatic from beginning straight to the very end. The Ryan & Taylor fall leading them to an alternate reality really brought out some of the best of the actors. The letter from Marissa Cooper was a real nudge in the heart.

We see Kirsten worse than she was at the start of season 1. Julie is a lost puppy in any reality, trying to figure out what career and guy best suits her. Seth, gosh, I love Seth in any reality. I'm not a fan of Sandy in the alternate reality. Summer...wow. I thought Summer's personality was enough as is, but Rachel Bilson's performance as the Summer in the alternate reality shows just how grateful I am for Summer in reality. It was nice to see Jimmy, although not under the circumstances in the alternate reality haha. That was a nice twist how Taylor & Ryan thought Marissa was alive in the alternate reality when really she wasn't.

I was so proud when Taylor stood up to her mom in the alternate reality, which helped her keep her sanity with her mother in reality.

I loved everything about this episode, I could go on and on but I don't want to make this too long. Just go watch it and you will see how amazing this is!
  • Ryan and Taylor enter an alternate reality while in comas.

Great episode, my favorite in fact. I love Seth as a geek again! Summer is so first season. But if Ryan thought Marissa was still alive, wouldn't he have gotten suspicious when he saw Summer hang out with Holly and not her BFF Marissa? Weird, but still awesome. Hey, does anyone know where I can download and or stream it? cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
  • Just magical

The first time I watched this episode I was very dissapointed. I think the reason why i was dissapointed was because I always expect the xmas OC episode to be excellent (excluding season 3's horrible chrismukkah bar mitz va kah). This season is excellent so far and i think this episode is further proof of season 4 excellence. This episode is one dedicated to Marissa even though not a hell of a lot of it was to do with Marissa. What this episode delt with was Ryan saying goodbye to Marissa and finally Moving onto other people such as the wonderful Taylor. Overall terrific episode.
  • Chrismukk-huh?

Taylor tries to give Ryan a Christmas present, but Ryan is on a ladder trying to put up lights for Christmas. Taylor climbs up the ladder and both Ryan and Taylor fall down, off the ladder. And Ryan got a letter from Marissa in his real life.

It's like an alternate universe. Everyone that they see that they know regularly, don't know who they. Taylor and Ryan figure out that they're in an alternate universe, and they were sent there to change something. They find out that Summer is marrying Che, Summer is a dumb bimbo, Marissa dyed three years ago from drug overdose, that Julie and Sandy are married and she's cheating on Sandy with Che, and that Kiersten and Jimmy are married. I think that this is so awesome and twisted. It's touching also. I though that it was great.
  • I think this is the best episode of the entire series.

I think this is the best episode of the entire series. We were kind of hinted at during the first 3 seasons of why Ryan being their was important and what would happen if he hadn't been their. But he had not actually realized his importance. Until now that is. This one episode shows how extremely important him being their is. And the way he has affected all the people their and the differences he made with their lives. I remember the end of the first season, where the character Seth says that he doesn't know what he's gonna do without Ryan being their. And this episode reminded me of that so much. It perfectly summarized up all 3 seasons and the good the Ryan has done in them that would have never happened if he hadn't been around.

I believe this episode is one that anyone can relate to that ever wished they had never been born because of something bad happening. It shows that Ryan, even with his sometimes troubling nature, was an angel in disguise that just loved to help other people out. And it shows that we all make a difference in other people's lives, even when we ourselves don't see it at the time.
  • This Chrismukkah, Ryan is hanging Christmas lights at the Cohens' house and has a fight with Taylor over her Christmas present for him and they both fall off a ladder, causing them to enter a coma, but they see it as an alternate reality.

This has to be my favorite Chrismukkah episode ever! It's definately better now that Marissa's not there. The only thing that made her character necessary after the first season was that Ryan and Marissa were so cute together. Ryan and Taylor however are so much better. Taylor's character definately adds something that was needed to the show. Ryan and Taylor weren't really together before this episode (this episode was a major turning point in their relationship) but they definately were after this one. I thought it was hilarious that Julie and Sandy were married in the alternate reality. I want to know how the Cohens' marriage fell apart. I got that Jimmy and Julie's would, but what about the Cohens'? I also liked how they showed that Seth was still in love with Summer but since Ryan wasn't there to help them out (and neither was Marissa; she died in Mexico because Ryan wasn't there to save her), he still watched her from afar. It also showed how much Summer really grew as a person by being with Seth. Definately a great episode!
  • It is time for Chrismukkuh again, and Taylor and Ryan are still on rocky ground, relationship wise. When putting up lights goes awry, they find themselves in an alternate universe, where everything is shockingly different.

This was probably my favourite episode so far in Season 4. It was cool to see how Ryan changed everything, from Marissa having 3 extra years, to the mismatched couples of Kirsten and Jimmy, and Sandy and Julie, but msot of all, the sad, sad sight of Seth Cohen, the outcast without Ryan. Liked the song by Sia, Paranoid Android, that was featured in this episode. It was a clever plotline and story, with a good ending, as well as the usual one-liners, such as the George Foreman grill from Taylor to Ryan: \"Here\'s your present. Go grill your face.\" lol.
  • the best episode ever!

this episode to me is the best of alls episodes i ever whatch in the oc! is so good to see how much ryan helps the family cohen and de coopers in this 3 years!
    ryan saves marissa in tijuana and gives to her a few more years of life !
    and ryan keeps the cohen family togheter!
    in some parts of the episode when no ones know who is ryan i want to cry jajaja
    is the only episode in all episodes of the oc i want to cry o_o
    is unbelieve the oc is canceled is the best show ever
    fox is so estupid -.-
  • And a very special moment.

I think this episode was the most imaginative of the series and, excepting the one where Marissa died, it touched me the most. But it did not in the way that last season finale did, with the almost physical sickness and revulsion associated with the loss of a dear one, but with a more deeper, profound feeling and with an interesting question...
    If that person that you are most found of in this world dies and you have the chance to somehow find that person again in another world and to remain with her, what would you do? Would you leave this world or would you leave that person forever?
    I don’t think I can answer that question, but what can I say is that such a moment, regardless of the decision, would be something truly powerful, painful, tragic and in all the meanings of the expression, out of this world. The intensity of that moment in the airport, when Ryan walks to Marissa only to discover Kaitlin instead and the fact that Marissa died three years ago and even in alt-world he has lost her forever left me absolutely speechless. The part was superbly played by Ben and the moment makes you to feel incredible sorry, watching his pain that makes him not even remember his name. I don’t recall seeing ever a more intense anticipation and then disillusionment and there are few situations in actual life that can produce those feelings.

What can I say, this episode was funny, interesting, different and deserves alone to be appreciated. But that scene that begins with Kirsten finding the letter and realizing why Ryan is not coming back and then with Ryan finding Kaitlin will remain with me forever. And that cover from paranoid android...Congratulations to the writers for what I believe it’s the most well thought episode of the series and for the way they decided to break up with the past and let Ryan move on with his life. And, in the same time, to let us see that Marissa was predestined to end up tragically and that Ryan, and us, should be grateful to have had her alive for 3 more years.
  • When taylor and ryan are hanging christmas lights they are involved in a freak accident which puts them both in the hospital and are seen in each others dreams and the only to wake up is if they confront their past and the present.

I was so looking forward to seeing marissa in this episode but it was kaitlin i was a little upset by that but i like how the episode was set up and how summer was like she was in the first four episodes and that was funny and how kaitlin tells ryan she o.d.'d in tijuana in the alley and another funny part was when taylor confronted her mom and found out that she was a boy in the alternate universe but taylors mom was really messed up when she was mad because she might miss her flight to cabo!
  • Ryan & Taylor both face inner demons.

Ryan has been afraid to let go of Marisa and it has been affecting his life in every aspect. He is afraid of commitment to anyone else and has drifted a bit from the Cohens, but is on his way back. Finding the letter from Marisa helped him finally put her to rest. Will he finally see what is right in front of his face? Taylor.

Taylor on the other hand has been terrified of her mother and has to face her in the alternate reality. When she calls her a **** in front of the alternate Taylor, her inner demon has been faced.

Overall this has been one of my favorite episodes. The best Holiday episode.

I surly hope this show makes it past this year. It has been one of my favorites since the beginning.
  • the best sceen they could do to ryan say goodbye to marissa... the best farewells ever!!! Goodbye marissa :( we will miss you always! ****

the best sceen they could do to ryan say goodbye to marissa...

the best farewells ever!!!

Goodbye marissa :( we will miss you always! ****

I loved this episode because it shows that marissa still love ryan in the day of her death... and ryan loved her too...

he saied goodbye in the pleace where them love ground up....that's the right pleace to say goodbye...

like he said the last time he spoke if her: he was the first to talk, he should be the last to talk too :)

bye marissa...you always stay his hearth...no one will ever arrive at the feet...
    you always will be the ryan's one :)

***
  • Ryan and Taylor fall down from a roof when hanging the christmas lights coming into a world where Ryan never came...

I think this is one of the best episodes of the o.c. because it's something completly different and weel I loved that ryan finally got to move on from Marissa. but what where they thinking Julie & Sandy I whas laughing OMG. the only thing I didin\'t like whas when Veronica & Taylor met at the hospital and she just hugged her and said if you hurry you can get another flight, I hoped for some action from Taylor because whe also saw that in the \"other world\". I hope the O.c will go on with episode\'s as good as these that must get more viewers.
  • The best Chrismukk-Huh ever!

A very special episode of Chrismukk-Huh. It´s one of the best of the season for me,and it´s based in what would happened if Ryan and Taylor didn´t exist. It´s like a kind of flaskback episode, where everybody pretend to be someone that it´s not.Julie is married with Sandy. Kirsten is with Jimmy, Summer is engaged to the freaky guy of the university, and the most important...... Marissa is still dead- curious right?- I like when Ryan find out it, in this alternately universe that Marissa is dead because in one way he wasn´t there, I mean, she dead in Tijuana, and if you all remember that was the day he saves her.

So, at least I enjoy watching The OC again, with new episodes that change the way that is taking the show. Good episode.
  • S4E07

I don't understand that yelling about Marrissa in reviews. Everybody is overlooking Taylor in this episode. She did one thing that was extremely strong. She told Ryan that he Has to go to the airport. Taylor is doing this all the time, She always prefer others instead of herself. This whole 4th season is perfect just because of Taylor. She is complete opposite of Marrissa, and that is why she is much better for Ryan. Marrissa was always just "poor" rich girl that always needed help from Ryan. She was never happy with him, always when they were together she did something that killed their relationship - stealing and drinking during 1st chrissmukach, whole Oliver thing, where she didn't trust him are just little examples. I think that Ryan and Taylor are just perfect for each other because opposites attract. Back to this Episode, one of most funny part for me was when Ryan explained to Seth that he is from parallel universe. His reaction was perfect - like he was waiting for this whole life,that this will happen someday...

So far every episode this season was better than episode week ago. Hope that this will continue and The OC will end with big bang, to show everybody how good this show is. I'm big fan of this show, but i know that FOX will not order new episodes and it will end with 16. They did that before to many shows, i cant forgive them what they did to Firefly for example. Chances for 5th season are almost 0, so at least Enoy The Show While You Still Can!
  • Chrismukkah once again returns to the Cohens!

It’s Christmukkah and Kirsten asks Ryan if he wants to invite someone for dinner. Immediately Ryan remarks that he got that someone is clearly a subtle way for meaning Taylor. Kirsten says she's not saying that Taylor have to come, but only that she's welcome. In the end, Ryan tells Kirsten he’ll ask to Taylor. Once alone in the kitchen, Ryan finds a letter for him. From Marissa Cooper.
    Meanwhile, Kaitlin and Julie are heading for Riverside, or better the ghetto as Kaitlin points out. They ask Taylor if she wants to go with them but she doesn’t accept: she’s sure Ryan will invite her to the Cohens. Unfortunately Ryan doesn’t have the same idea. Taylor is hurt and follows Ryan upstairs, where they end up arguing and falling down the ladder. As soon as Ryan comes back to his pool house, he finds a stylish gym. In that moment Mrs. Cohen shows up. Kirsten IQ- Ice Queen - doesn’t seem to know who he is and she warns him not to wander around her house. Then, Ryan sees that Julie is up to help Newport Beach’s poor people. That’s actually a shocker. Always more confused, Ryan drops by Seth’s comic book shop and Seth is definitely as geek as he used to be when Sandy rescued Ryan from prison. Ryan can’t believe that even Seth doesn’t recognize who he is, and goes looking for Sandy, who, by the way, looks like Caleb 2 the revenge. Anyway, Sandy is the mayor of Newport, and he doesn’t seem interested in listening to the kid. Yep, this is Newport Beach without Chino Kid. The next scene is set at the hospital. Ryan and Taylor are lying asleep. Summer, Seth and Sandy comes over and Kirsten informs them that the doctor said that’s not a big deal but they’ve to wait until they wake up.

Taylor and Ryan meet and they end up admitting “We’re in a parallel universe”. Taylor is positive they’re there in order to fix something happened in their past. Anyway, in that moment, they see Summer (dumb but fashion like she used to be when Ryan showed up in Newport Beach). Then, Che shows up and it turns out Summer and Che are about to marry. Taylor has a plan: to get Summer and Seth back together.

Back to the hospital, Taylor and Ryan have not woken up yet but Sandy comes up with an idea: to bring Christmukkah in there.

While Ryan is trying to catch up with Seth, he finds out Kirsten and Jimmy are married. At the same time, Taylor follows Che and it turns out Che and Julie are having an affair, even though Julie is married to Sandy. Actually Taylor finds out something else: Miss Cooper is coming back from Berkeley at three o’clock. As soon as Taylor informs Ryan about this, he tells her he wants to be let out of this. Taylor gets it: Since Marissa is alive, you don’t want to go back.

Back to the real world, Summer fills Kaitlin and Julie in on what’s going on and they go looking for Taylor’s mom. Kaitlin doesn’t seem that sad that he whole Riverside trip is canceled. Meanwhile, at the hospital, Kirsten looks worried since she found Marissa’s letter which Ryan found before.

It’s three o’clock. Ryan looks for Marissa at the airport but she is not there. Another Cooper girl shows up, though. Kaitlin. Who let Ryan know Marissa died three years ago, during her trip to TJ.

Meanwhile, Kaitlin and Julie make it to reach Taylor’s mom, who is about to catch a plane. Veronica doesn’t seem eager to lose her plane but Julie remarks: I will tell to security you have a bomb.

Christmas party. Taylor and Ryan make meet Summer and Seth and, then, Kirsten and Sandy. In the meantime, Taylor sees her mother. It turns out, in this parallel universe, Taylor is a boy. Anyway, as Taylor points out, something hasn’t changed: My mom is still a b!tch and she stands up to her, claiming she can’t treat neither her nor Taylor 2 like that.

Jimmy lets Sandy and Summer know he found Julie and Che making out. Awkward situation. Unfortunately Taylor comes back to the real world, leaving Ryan to deal with the whole thing. At this point, Ryan claims the couples that are meant to be (Summer and Seth, Kirsten and Sandy) and, in the end, he’s kicked out of the party by Julie.

Julie and Veronica are finally at the hospital. As soon as Veronica sees Taylor walking, she’s not that enthusiastic she missed the plane. Taylor assures her she can catch the last plane, and Veronica leaves without turning her back. Kirsten and Julie have sympathetic faces but Taylor claims she’s fine. Then, Kirsten gives something to Julie. The letter. Marissa wrote it to Ryan when she was about to leave after graduation day. “She had to leave Newport. It was the only way they could get on with their life. She loved him but she had to say goodbye”.

Ryan ended up in prison but Sandy bails him out. He is positive what Ryan did say actually made sense. Sandy asks him he wanted to come over for dinner but he doesn’t accept. Actually he heads for the pier, where he and Marissa used to meet up, before or after their DI - drama issues. Ryan sits there and read Marissa’s letter and “Into dust” - by Ashtar Command - is playing in the background. Then he walks away. In the real world, it stops raining and Ryan wakes up. Taylor is next to him, and Ryan tells Taylor he;s happy that she's there..

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE!
  • Alternative world how awesome.

this episode was one of my favourites for the season. It was a little weird seeing everyone if Ryan had not shown up. But it was cool as well. Che was hilarious with Julie and the thong thing.Sandy and Julie married never expected that to happen. Seth returning to his dorky character and summer the crazy party girl we saw in season 1. it was good to see jimmy even if he was only in the alternative world and holly as well.
    I liked the ending to the show where ryan is at the watchtower at the beach reading the letter from marissa. And that song was cool to.And it was really good that even though Marissa wasn't in the episode that Ryan knew that he had kept her alive 3 more years than she was meant to have.
  • taylor and ryan fall off the cohens roof and become stuck in a different world and must help the world before they can return

what a great episode!!! one of the best since the show started.... at the begining i couldn\'t understand what was happening but once they showed taylor and ryan in the hospital i got what was happening...

this episode showed what would of happened if the cohens hadn\'t met ryan. such as...
    sandy is married to julie ( weired cos she is just a man eater)
    kirsten is married to jimmy.
    so that means that kirsten and sandy divorced.
    Kaitlyn, ended up graduating early and going to Berkley.
    taylor ended up standing up to her mother and calling her a b*t*h
    and the thing ryan needed to do was say goodbye to marissa. marissa died in Tijuana from an over dose ( this happened in season 1 but as ryan isn\'t around he wasn\'t there to save her)...
    cant wait till next week!!!
  • I just simply loved this episode.

At first it kind of freaked me out an alt-world where Taylor and Ryan would be together to solve what was wrong there. But when I watched, I realized what a great idea to finish Ryan and Marissa history and let him free to move on.

The whole alt-world was so funny. Taylor is a man there, and Summer a mindless bimbo, priceless to see again. That made me stops complaining about the new Summer and realizes that she has grown up so much since S1 that made me glad to see how she is now. The Julie and Sandy thing was funny, bur her affair with Che was awesome. Plus, it was great to see Jimmy and Holly back. And Kirsten as the ice queen was touching because I remembered of The Avangers when she said that she was like this. But the most touching and beautiful thing about this episode it’s definitely the whole Marissa thing. How great was they put this strong connection between them besides love, that Ryan gave her 3 more years of live? This is so strong, so powerful, that made me speechless. I loved the death in TJ, it was so touching. A great episode for an Awesome Season. And please, don’t even compare it with the OTH one. The OC it’s not the first series to remake the plot of “It’s a wonderful Live”.
    And by the way, it was a thousand times better than the tree hill one.
  • This was great!

Taylor came over to give Ryan a Christmas Present and she climbs up on the ladder to give it to him. *He is hanging Christmas lights* and they end up falling, which knocks them both into a coma. Only the two of them do not know this, because they are in an parallel universe where Taylor is really a boy, and Ryan never existed in the Cohens life.
    Sandy and Kirsten are divorced, and Sandy is married to Julie( and he is the Mayor, not a lawyer) and Kirsten is married to Marissa\'s dad-Julie\'s Ex.

Since, Ryan never existed to the Cohens in this parellel universe, Che (Chester) was able to take Ryans spot at Harbor, and he and Summer ended up getting together and eventually getting engaged.

Marissa, however ended up still dying, but only three years earlier (In Tijuana, when the show first came on, Marissa, Luke, Summer, Seth and Ryan all went to Tijuana and Marissa Overdosed with Pills and alcohol and Ryan saved her..only in the parellel universe, since Ryan never existed, he was not there to Save her, so she ended up dying. ) Kaitlyn, however became a teenage protegy type, and ended up graduating early and going to Berkley. Taylor and Ryan are in this parallel universe and they are trying to make things right, they try to get Summer and Seth together, so Ryan exlpains to Seth what happened and I guess he beleives him.

Taylor finally tells her mother what she thinks of her, after she sees her mother telling the \"boy\" version of taylor, not to eat to much, because she/he will get fat. After this, Taylor feels herself being pulled away from the Parallel universe and she tells Ryan to make sure Kirsten and Sandy and Summer and Seth end up together.

Ryan pulls out a card from his pocket, that is from Marissa and he goes to the beach to the Lifeguard box where he and Marissa use to go and sit and talk, and he reads the card, then he sets it down and walks away as we see the card dissapear.

IN THE REAL WORLD, we see Ryan and Taylor in a hospital room with The Cohens and Julie all around, and they had send Julie to get Taylors mom, who threatened Taylors mom saying if she didnt go to see her daughter at the hospital she would tell security that she had a bomb, so they all head to the hospital as Taylor wakes up and she goes to Ryan and tells Ryan to COME back to her.

Ryan finally comes back, and they all are very happy.

Then the previews roll for next weeks episode!!
  • WOW! for a christmas episode this one tops them all.

To the guy who said this show was bogus because it had a "alternate universe" and boring because of it. The idea was original. And I never appreciated Ben MacKenzie as an actor than after watching this episode. This show closed off all of the loose strings that had been there since last season ended with Marissa dying. The undertone sadness this episode had, due to it's homage to Marissa Cooper was in due part because Josh wanted to show people what this season will be about. As much as I hated watching Mischa leave, she had to do it. The show had become boring and unexciting, same ideas over and over. This episode is so remniscent of the 1st season. Jokes were there, happiness, sadness, the type of drama that made this show great in the first place. The show was about ryan to begin with, and it's getting back there. The "alternate universe" showed that Ryan saved Newport and not the other way around as he had assumed it to be. When he was at the airport, thinking he could see Marissa once more and to realize she OD'd in TJ 3 years ago, summed up what he means to this show. If it wasn't for him then there wouldn't be these characters that we have grown so fondly of over the years.
  • OC IS BACK WITH A BOOM !!!

One of the best episodes ever. I'm glad to see the show getting back on its feet and walking again. I have to admit season 3 was a bit boring, but now... everything is fresh.
    This episode in particular was a special one. For all those that think that this is not a special Chrismukkah episode, I only have 2 words: Frank Capra. I mean c’mon, what can be more special than an “OC” – “It’s a wonderful life” combination for Christmas? I think it was very clever written and not only we get a bonus with this “wonderful” story, but also Ryan finally gets his closure with Marissa.
    I’m glad they didn’t push the characters and the story of the series and just let them grief in peace. It makes the characters more believable and the healing process more natural.
    In short, great episode and great start for season 4. Keep it going.
  • Christmakah-huh

This was a wonderful episode that was clever, cute, healing, heart-warming, and provided closure for us fans and the characters! Very different and "light" for a change!!! The combination of Wizard of Oz and A Christmas Carol were super. THank you for this uplifting episode----Great JOB! This expanded your already talented actors and actresses horizons in acting and gave them the opportunity to have even more fun with the show!
  • really excellent episode. I loved it! gonna watch it again :)

This episode was great, I'm anxious to see the next one.
    Ryan plays a good part.
    Unfortunately Marissa didn't appear, she could appear, it makes this episode even better...
    The series need an episode like this, and like the previous episode, to get people to watch The O.C. again, because it was starting to get boring, but now, with Ryan and Taylor, it's a new romance, and the episodes are very funny and very well written. I think the series is on a turning point, were it's leaving the sad point (because Marissa) to a very funny and fresh story, it's all we need :)
    Until next episode... see ya
  • Things are turned on their heads in during Chrismukkah this year as Ryan finds out what his signifance really is in Newport Beach.

i posted this on the official fox.com/oc board, so i might as well post it here:

I thought tonights episode of The O.C. was the best Chrismakkuh episode EVER! The major point of this episode was for Ryan to get the closure that he needed to move on in his life. In every previous episode this season you can see him moving on little by little (with being able to let go of his revenge with Volchok, talking to Julie about Marissa, realizing that he liked Taylor, among other things), but he was still VERY resistant to Taylor, and rightfully so. The relationship that Ryan and Marissa had was very special; they were soulmates, each others one true loves. They fit into each other, and they both saved each other from themselves. Obviously, in the end her love for Ryan was not enough to keep her alive.

With this \"alt. universe-its-a-wonderful-life\" episode of the O.C. we come to learn that because of Ryan, the Cohen household broke up, Seth never learned any sort of social skills, Summer remained the drunken ditz she was when we first met in the pilot, Holly took the place as Summer\'s best friend (i think i speak for everyone when i say that i\'d rather have Taylor in Summer\'s life than Holly anyday...), Sandy actually became Caleb in every way possible, Kirsten remaind a drunk, and most importantly, Marissa died before she was supposed to. I think the fact that Marissa lived three years longer BECAUSE Ryan came into her life is the most powerful thing that ever struck the O.C.. It\'s alot to think about, that your life and your love kept someone else alive...which is the closure and the conclusion that Ryan had to come to terms with.

I thought the episode was beautifully done, if at times confusing, the overall message was a fantastic one. It made me incredibly sad, but i think that i finally have some sort of closure and perspective on Marissa\'s death. I was very much a R/M, Marissa fan so her death was very hard for me, but this season has been exquisite so far, and this episode was a great bookend to Marissa\'s storyline, and R/M storyline.

I loved the R/Julie moment at the end. I especially like that Taylor got out of Ryan\'s way when he wanted to go to the airport, it shows her being a self-less, and that she does care about Ryan and she knows he had to do what he had to do. She understands the whole power of the R/M relationship...but now it\'s time for Ryan to move on. It was hard to see what Marissa dying in TJ would have done to everyone. It just shows the POWER that Marissa\'s character had. Josh knows that her character was a big one, he\'s said that in his most recent interview, and i applaud him for properly bookending her character CORRECTLY!

I miss Marissa, but i love the O.C. too much to let that get in the way of this fantastic season.

GO SEASON 4 AND CHRISMUKKAH!!!!

P.S., did anyone else really enjoy seeing Holly and Jimmy??? I was ecstatic!! it was very season one!!!
  • Excellent episode

At first after they fell from the ladder I was thinking WTH is going on but then realized that what they were doing was pretty good. I was really really really hoping I was going to see Mischa in the episode tonight but sadly that didn't happen. Clever what they did though with many recaps from the past. It was well written and quite humorous. Taylor annoys the hell out of me but it's just her character, Autumn is hot. The only thing about it that I don't think really fit together was Ryan didn't have to get the family together he just had to get over Marissa and that's all that mattered. I also was hoping he'd wake up and see the letter by the hospital bed then just rip it up without even reading it, although you really have to ask yourself, did he even ever really read it. He put it in his pocket then fell off the ladder but read it in his dream scape. He wouldn't have actually read it or even had it in the alternate world. So that part wasn't well thought out, but the overall message was quite clear and hopefully everything is resolved and he just gets on with dating Taylor.
  • While Ryan and Taylor are having a little discussion almost on the roof of the pool house, the ladder falls, and both of them too. Conculsions are drawn in this episode, and we can see what would have been of Newport if Ryan hadn't ever arrived.

In this episode Ryan and Taylor get hurt and in a cliche kind of way they get into a dream that turns out to be special. They travel to a present day in which things are pretty messed up, for example Julie and Sandy are married. Taylor realizes that they are in a paralel world in which they have to figure out their mission in order to go back to reality. So, together they try to get the Cohen's family back to how they belong, Sandy with Kirsten and Seth with Summer. In this attempt Taylor confronts her mother, and Ryan has a surprising revelation about Marissa which, once awake, is positive and removes guilt.
  • Chrismukkah! They did it again!

Chrismukkah is here again and another gerat episode. I have to say that i was a bit sceptical about doing this episode. It is so hard to do a great job on an episode where it's like a dream like sequence. One Tree Hill did it last week and it was terrible. But The OC did it and it was amazing! OC does it better everytime, like it should be. Anyways. It was an amazing episode and i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I hated when commercials came on and couldn't wait until the show was back on. I never felt like that since season 1. I believe that this truly was the best chrismukkah episode they ever did. It was exciting, dramatic, but with a sense of lightness to it. Taylor again cracked me up with every scene she did. Great job! Keep up the good work! Can't wait until next week. :)
< 1 2 3