The O.C.

The Chrismukk-huh?

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2006 on FOX

• Ryan and Taylor have an accident and go into a light coma. Both wake up in an alternative world where nobody knows them except each other and they find out they have a mission to achieve to re-unite the couples of The OC.

I was actually quite surprised with this episode as I usually groan at these sort of episodes as they don't add anything to the storyline as everything goes back to how it started at the end of the episode.

This episode though, added something to the series because it gave us bits and pieces of the real world to keep us interested. Don't get me wrong though because the rest of the episode was a class above all other 'dream' style episodes from other shows.

In my opinion there were plenty of shocks (although not really happening) with the people that appeared (and didn't) and who they were with. According to Sandy it all went wrong when Marissa died (who we find out died three years earlier when Ryan wasn't around) and they went their seperate ways. This was obviously mentioned as the episode was about Ryan finally moving on properly and starting a new life, possibly with Taylor. It did strike me as odd though that all the couples in this episode are the same people just swapped around. I mean what are the chances of them getting divorced and just swapping husbands?

Enough about the people who were in it and more about the people who weren't. When Ryan went to the airport I was almost certain that it wouldn't be Mischa but I wasn't a 100%. I was slightly disappointed because she could have come in for this episode and still not be tied down to the show (as she is dead, obviously!). I also thought that we might see an appearance from Caleb who also died but no such luck.

All in all though it wasn't a necessary episode but was more than enjoyable all the same.