The O.C.

The Dearly Beloved

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 19, 2005 on FOX

• Definitely tops the previous episode, which I thought was going to be the best episode in the show, and this tops it in every aspect even if by a small bit. Perfect 10? Nothing's perfect, but how else can you make it better?

Wow, what can I say? With the whole Kirsten drinking problem popping off the roof in the last episode and Caleb's death, I wasn't sure how else it could have gotten any better than that. Well, I was wrong, and I'm glad to be wrong; if I thought the last episode was close to perfect, what did you think I would have thought about this one? The build up was just fantastic, the drama was rushing at maximum, and my God things just exploded once Marissa pulled the trigger on that gun. It was tear jerking enough seeing Kirsten leaving to the rehab center, but the emotion just reached to a new level seeing Trey fall over with the bullet engraved within his chest. And the best part is that this creates even greater material for next season, like how this will affect Ryan and regretting confronting Trey about it to avoid the conflict, or what will happen to Marissa from now on. Bring on the next season!