The O.C.

The Graduates

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 18, 2006 on FOX

• A well structured episode...a definite favourite as far as season finales go. I used up a box of kleenex however.

After this episode i stared at the screen for about ten minutes waiting for it to come back on...say that they were joking. I really did not see that coming. I didnt even like the character of marissa too much this season, and still, the ending moved me. Anyway, not to forget the rest of the episode, which was fantastic. I think the graduation was really powerful. The look on Dawn\'s face was truly wonderful, the pride and the joy of actually having a success in the family. Sandy\'s cheer made me laugh as it was such a \"Sandy\" thing to say. Julie beamed, which made me smile even more...lets just say the whole scene left me with some sore cheekbones. Ok...back to the main focus on the episode. I think the way Marissa died was the best way that Josh should have seen fit to end it. Some people say that they should have told each other that they loved eachother...however, i think the silence was very \"them\". They had never been very good with words. Not to say that the silence wasn\'t powerful...it certainly made me hold my breath. Oh, and then came the tears. Imogen Heap\'s Hallelujah hit me as soon as Ryan started walking away from the car with Marissa in his arms. The flashbacks were extremely well put together and made it even more of a tearjerker. A FANTASTIC episode...and one that to this day makes me blubber like a baby.