The O.C.

The New Kids on the Block

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 18, 2004 on FOX

• this was a good ep

in this ep of the show the oc mariss is still facing the fac that she is alone and that ryan is talking to another girl that is apart of his class and seth thinks he should get a job to show summer thats it not about him all the time and calob is still haven problems with money this was a good ep i thought and interesting to introduce new charaters and new types of stories with those charaters things we have not seen before and that is why i gave this ep a 9 instead of anything lower
  • Man oh man, other than the season two premiere, The O.C. just can't seem to disappoint.

A very memorable episode that was firing on all cylinders. For once Julie looked like the victim when her and Jimmy were conversating on his boat, and Caleb really had some huge cajones making Julie the CEO to the Newport Group. Caleb is really a love hate relationship, moreso hate. You feel sorry for the guy and he's doing something to make you hate him again. Though none of it was more interesting than what happened with Seth, Ryan, Summer, and Marissa. Looks like there's going to be a new character joining the cast in this Lindsay Gardner girl which actually has potential to provide some great drama. And Zach actually seems like a really great guy, in fact I wouldn't really mind him being with Summer; probably the most mature guy in the entire show, even more mature than the adults. As much as I love hearing Sandy's witty one liners against Caleb and Julie, they are a bit immature.

Ending took me by surprise; I thought Seth would have pulled off his usual Cohen-ness by sweeping Summer off of her feet, but he willingly backed off after seeing Zach having such a great time with Summer and her dad. And Marissa looks like she's gonna be lonely again, even if it is unnecessary seeing as Ryan and Lindsay didn't do anything.
  • Seth starts to change himself...lol new charactres...I love Alex and hate Lindsay

I don't why but I enjoyed this episode a lot...It's so different from season 1, but it's still great...I really enjoyed the introduction to new charactres...but what I like about this episode is the Seth/Marissa interactions...It was soo unfamiliar to watch them talking to each other alone...and the best part of this episode is the ending with Worn Me Down playing...I soo love this scene, when Marissa sees Ryan with Lindsay and Seth sees Summer with Zach and her Dad...I always feel soo sorry for those guys...and the very last scene: although they are sitting there together, you can tell how lonely and heartbroken they are...soo sad scene, but soo awesome...and that's what is OC about...always soo sad, but just soo awesome...
    GREAT EPPY!
  • Sorry I don't know how to delete this! It is the same review as below, I just accidently did it twice!

I really enjoyed watching the love triangle of Marissa / Lindsay / Ryan, the Zach / Summer / Seth one just bores me though! Lindsay seemed really selfish at first, but I can of \"get\" her character & what the character is trying to accomplish at Harbor, she just wants to get focused in work so she can go to Yale, just like I want to get into Columbia! I really kind of feel The O.C. will never be as good as Season 1, but as I remember from TV, I think the second half of Season 2 is much, much better!
  • My official first episode of Season 2 as the last two episodes sucked! Still nowhere near Season 1 quality though.

I really enjoyed watching the love triangle of Marissa / Lindsay / Ryan, the Zach / Summer / Seth one just bores me though! Lindsay seemed really selfish at first, but I can of \\\"get\\\" her character & what the character is trying to accomplish at Harbor, she just wants to get focused in work so she can go to Yale, just like I want to get into Columbia! I really kind of feel The O.C. will never be as good as Season 1, but as I remember from TV, I think the second half of Season 2 is much, much better!
  • A good episode of The O.C. an introduction to it's new characters and it's new hangout.

The O.C. is slowly building up and returning to season 1 standards- we all know season 1 was excellent television. So this episode sees the appearances of our new OCers- Alex and Lindsay as well as a new OC hangout- The Bait Shop which marks a performance from The Walkmen. Having all these changes was good- I especially like Alex- wild chick! The hair was bad though. Lindsay was cute with her tampons and Ryan kept hurting her- haha that was so funny. At least there’s some comedy this season. I felt bad for Kirsten because Caleb appointed Julie as the CEO of the Newport Group. Marissa is facing being alone, I felt a bit sad for her but not that sad because she betrayed Ryan and kissed DJ. Seth and Summer… I really want them to get back together because they are such a cute couple. I loved it that Seth got a job for her. Overall, the changes made to the show’s second season was excellent. I really liked this episode. I can watch it over and over again.

Episode Grade- B.
  • More happy with this episoide then last 2 episoides

6.3
    Why don't Seth and Marrisa hook-up?

Don't answer that, Lindsey don't like the way she entered the episoide but she does have a nice smile. i glad she will stay for a few episoides. Ryan bumping into her all the time, that just strange way. still i did like her apoligy she made. i really like the chemistry between these two chacter am so glad marrisa & ryan are not getting back together.

Alex, well she makes everyone on the OC look short, what with that hair style i mean talking about ugly, i have never seen any women with that type of hair-style apart from cat-walk model.

Seth getting a job, well that was good idea good that he grow up and has some money, ticket were nice but i really hated the fact there put that music on top of walkman song, that's just tacky. it was funny he went to Marrisa to complain about it, i couldn't beleve it. Seth kissing Summer, trust him to make a big mistake like that. Still must of been bad when we saw Zac with Summer dad. Zac definatly intresting and seem to be un-seth like reading papers.

Celeb appoint Julie, damn u just knew Kirsten will be mad but CFO is brillant position. i thought it was nice seeing Julie and Jimmy actually being civil to each other. it was really nice that there can be nice despite what has happend between him.

I thought this epsoide was better than last two epsoides shown.