The O.C.

The Perfect Storm

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2005 on FOX

• The fishy tale of Ryan Atwood the fisherman.

With its month long absence and with days getting colder, the return of the warm-weathered show seems a necessity. Honestly, I thought they could've done a better "Welcome back to O.C, bitch!" They need to stop jerking us around with stupid plots that are awkwardly predicatble. Ahoy there, Ryan -- I hardly believed you'd be lost at sea for weeks. Sandy might have let you go, but I know the writers are your real guardians. There's no way they'll ever let you out of their sight. And speaking of sightings, Charlotte shifts her eye towards Mrs. Cooper-Nichol. This seems to be the only storyline that's not predicatble. I can't figure out her scheme here. The more they keep us guessing the better. Charlotte vs. Julie - sounds like a "mane" event catfight. Meanwhile, on the ongoing war between Summer and Taylor, Summer has triumphantly "sidekicked" Karl Rovish Taylor. You have to commend Taylor for her poker face though. Too bad her partner-in-crime Dean Hess couldn't call Sandy's bluff. Ah, the fall of the mighty and the rise of Ryan back to Harbor. Just as the way as it should be... until the writers figure another lame way to jerk us around.