The O.C.

The Pot Stirrer

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 26, 2006 on FOX

• The Oc The Pot Stirrer Kaitlin starts dating johnny. Seth seems to be having problems.

This episode improved from last weeks poor episode but it still lacked that oc vibe that you get from season 1 and 2.
    Seth smoking pot i think is stupid, i feel sorry for summer. Kaitlin annoys the hell out of me and so does johnny, when the hell will he get lost. there made for each other.
    okay but not oc like!
  • wtf

So in just about every imaginable way, this episode is just flat out inferior. It wasn't funny at all, the stories were lackluster, the only bright spot was Kaitlin's little rivalry with her bigger sister, but even that is below average for The O.C. Although I've never been a fan of Ryan's acting, the episode that he is least involved in happens to be arguably the worst episode in the entire show. The whole thing with Seth smoking pot was pretty damn boring, this episode basically concentrated on some not so interesting characters and what do you get? A not so interesting episode!
  • Just as it's classified: Really pretty much the only thing that changed from the beginning of the episode is that we learn that marissa may have feelings for Johnny and Seth is now smoking pot.

3.7
    Everything else was pretty much random and completely unnecessary. I would rather have had the writers write a complete random episode that has no character development or anything. Just a random day in their lives that has nothing special or out of the blue occuring.

The sister is really starting to be irritating. Agreeing with the other user's review from last year, her character is so forced into the show. I barely even remember seeing her on the show when she was living in Newport --even though that's kind of the point of bringing her back (so she and her family can work on their relationships and whatnot).

Also, what is with having Seth smoking pot? That is quite out of character for him. He's kind of what you would call a goody-goody two shoes, except little rough on small edges. But not as rough as doing something like pot.

Since I recently started watching this show about 2 weeks ago and have been watching all the episodes in order, i hope the next episode isn't as disappointing.

Well i'm off to watch more episodes!
  • The OC. Episode 13

Pivotal changes surfacing in Newport Beach.
    Seth Cohen is starting to turn into a pot lover.
    It's the first time that Sandy, the Most Perfect Father And Husband Ever, and Caleb's way of doing business does not seem two worlds apart. :(

Yep, Ryan finally wakes up and figures he has been closing his eyes about the whole Johnny&Marissa thing for like ten months. Well, I guess the feeble surfer had better start running very fast.
    Julie turns down one of the richest man in the Orange County because she doesn't want to mess her family up. Please. First of all, it's a little too late for that. And then, gees, she can't become so altruistic out of the blue like this!

By the way, new entry little Coop definitely claims all Newport's bitter and inner truths but I can't stand her anyway.
    Summer's line about BYA - Being yourself always - was nice.

Good final close-ups, even if it was a little bit sad.
  • Sort of what I've come to expect lately from The OC. Dissapointing.

4.4
    The OC used to be great. It always used to be much like a night time soapie but great. The second seasons lesbian storyline was a bit drawn out, sure but lately this season seems to be making too many mistakes for all the wrong reason and for little result.

The introduction of Kaitlin into the story last week was good. Mix it up a bit and give it some fresh flavour is a good idea, and her storyline with Johnny was good. As much as i despise Johnny because he's a bit to whiney for me, their chemistry worked well. Marissa getting more attention than Kaitlin seemed a bit far fetched for me. From the earlier episodes we say Kaitlin get a lot of attention when the family was in financial difficulty and getting new ponies etc (And by the way has anyone else noticed how fast she grew up!). So her complaining to me seemed a little contrived but this wasn't my main problem with the episode.

Seth. Where do I start. The comic relief of the show has turned to drugs. Wherein does that become okay? This sudden development of Seths was far too fast. If he was going to be nostalgic it would have happened far before this. But suddenly when he gets everything he wants he throws it away? It makes no sense. And if he took the drugs to calm himself down for the interview then why did he not turn up for it at all? It's moving at lightning pace when it shouldn't be. Also Seth has never been prone to this... ever!

All I have to say is that I hope the next few episodes hold some sort of excitement because these last few have been far from even close to perfect...
  • Wasn't bad, Kaitlin Cooper is cool, but last week was better.

Kaitlin tries to get Johnny to go out with her, and slowly she starts to succeed. Julie forgets Kaitlin's birthday, and Kaitlin is upset, but doesn't let them know it. She goes outside and starts smoking pot. Seth runs into her and asks what she thinks she’s doing. She explains about her mother forgetting her birthday, and then she offers him some pot and tells him that the offer is always open and that he should try it to take the edge off. Seth starts getting nervous as he prepares for his Brown interview and decides to take up Kaitlin on the offer. Ryan catches him out, and tries to help him out before the interview. He finally settles when they get there, and Summer asks where have they been. After Ryan and Summer leave, he decides not to go to the interview. Dr. Roberts tells Julie she can throw a party for Kaitlin at his house, and she invites all the kids from Kaitlin’s old pony club. Kaitlin then ditches the party to go out with Johnny, where they run into Ryan and Marissa. Marissa and Kaitlin talk, and Kaitlin tries to make her jealous, and slowly succeeds. Julie and Dr. Roberts kiss, but he tells her they should take some time to sort things out. He then has to go into work and tells her to lock up when she leaves.
  • Worst O.C. episode anyone? Completly boring and unnecessary!

For me this was the worst episode of a season people have been giving bad reviews but that I was enjoying!
    Kaitlin was sooo forced into this show, her storyline just doesn't make any sense and this show has been loosing quality!
    Seth doing drugs? Not even getting started on that one. This episode was plain boring, Marissa is getting boring, Ryan doesn't even provoke any kind of feelings in people... only Summer and Seth save this show. I'm even getting tired of Sandy.

God this episode made me dislike a show I've been enjoying so much for the past two years. Hope the next one is better!
  • Great episode, I hope Seth doesn't go down the addict route.

We learn more and more about Kaitlin every week and it makes us realise, as well as Marissa, that she isn't the pony loving girl she used to be. But what has Kaitlin turned into? A drug smoking, money stealing, slut?

Johnny clearly wants to be with Kaitlin but worries about what Marissa will think, in most scenes he just stands there looking guilty, I say that he should talk to Ryan and have a good guy-like chat. That should sort him out.

Marissa and Ryan are slowly drifting apart, which I hate to see as they make such a great couple.
  • nice

a hillarious episode my gosh, seth is funny when hes drunk and hes really funny when hes high, a hillarious episode not a lot of drama but kaitlin told marissa that she knew marissa had feelings for johnny, umm yea really really funny episode s s s s s s
  • Ugh - so OVER Kaitlin already! Yawn...another scheming vixen.

6.1
    If this is where they are taking Kaitlin Cooper's character then I hope she leaves the OC for her spin-off really soon! A whole series about her - peeeeee-yu! What a stinker! Her conniving character is a very unoriginal plotline for this great show. They've had so many of these characters - I want something fresh. I find myself forwarding through the bits with her and Johnny - they are the weakest link - goodbye already!
  • The best episode of the season. Fantastic character development and storytelling.

Leave it to this show.

After my spiel in the last review about how I wasn’t interested in the show anymore, how the characters were flat and very much uninteresting as people, and how I had no real interest in writing about the show at the moment, Josh and co. somehow manage to completely reinvigorate the show with “The Pot Stirrer.”

Yes, I thought this was a great episode. It started off as just good, but as the days have passed, I have realized that it was more than that. This was truly a wonderful episode. Maybe it doesn’t quite compare when next to some of season one’s best episodes, but it doesn’t matter because I thought this was a great episode. It’s not like this year’s Chrismukkah episode where I enjoyed it because I was in the holiday spirit. This was actually good in every sense of the word. And what did it take? Nothing difficult. It just took what fans of the show have known since the first season: well-balanced storylines that focus on more than one character, storylines that show actual growth. It didn’t take fans long to figure out that’s what we wanted, and it didn’t take us long to voice our opinion about it, but it seemed to confuse the hell out of the writers. I’m not saying that Josh and co. have everything figured out because next week – what looks as if it’ll be the best episode ever – could go right back to the doldrums of teen soap hell, but I’m so extremely happy with this episode that I won’t look that far ahead. I’ll just focus on the now.

This episode was mostly Seth-centered as opposed to self-centered (guess which “self” I mean) the last few weeks, and despite the fact that we haven’t seen much Seth since, well, last season, this entire storyline played out beautifully due to the fact that Seth’s feelings are completely real and relatable. The Seth we’ve always known has been the one who wanted to run away from Newport, who wanted to go to boarding school, who wanted to wear winter clothes, and who wanted to be someone other than who he is. This is completely logical to me because the majority of his life, he was a complete outsider. Why he was one, I don’t know. He’s a good looking guy, he’s funny, he’s got a rich and powerful family, and he’s smart, but I suppose that sometimes, people can be threatening with how much they have going for them. I think that most of the audience sees what I see: his life isn’t that bad. But consider the fact that Seth is 17. He has only had two-three good years in his life. That’s means that a huge chunk of his life was spent being miserable. And while most of us go through our teen angst period where life seems miserable, it generally isn’t as bad as we make it out to be. For Seth, I really think it was. The evidence was definitely in the Chrismukkah video. Even when Seth suddenly had friends and girls fighting over him, it was easy for him to believe that things still sucked because he didn’t face the prospect of change. Now with the ultimate change looming over head, he realizes that what he has pretty good. Before now, he hasn’t been forced to really look at his life. He just assumed that nothing has changed. It’s an easy mistake to make. But things have changed. He’s not necessarily accepted by everyone – something that made his shopping for a girlfriend in the yearbook so cringe inducing – but he’s got a small, devoted group of friends. Even Marissa, in her own way, supports him, kind of. And considering their parents were best friends and apparently, the two of them weren’t close, the fact that they hang out now is very evident of how far Seth has come. I think that having that small group of friends, in many ways, is far superior to having the Luke-type popularity. This small support system is far less likely to crumble.

As for Seth actually smoking pot, I don’t think it could have been handled any more perfectly. Not only was there a distinct lack of “after school” feel to it (although as I type this an abovetheinfluence.com commercial, the one with the guy who smoked pot putting his fist in his mouth, is on and that’s definitely preachy), but Adam Brody didn’t overdo the performance. He absolutely nailed it. He was completely quirky and funny but not annoying. He was exactly what you’d expect from Seth Cohen on drugs. It reminded me a lot of the way he acted when he was drunk in the pilot. He was just completely and wonderfully weird. The most refreshing aspect of the entire plot was the fact that it gave us a lot of Seth and Ryan interaction, something really lacking from the show in recent episodes. Even more refreshing than the fact that they interacted was the fact that they interacted the way that teenage guys do. Ryan didn’t come into the room and lecture Seth on the horrors of drugs (although Ryan cracking an egg in a sizzling pan and telling Seth, “This is your brain on drugs” would have been so funny that I can’t even think about how many sides would have split), but he simply asked, “Are you high?” and said that he was bothered that Seth would do it alone. He didn’t see the pot smoking as a big deal or a cry for help, but he saw the fact that Seth is alone as a cry for help. That’s the wonderful distinction the writers made here. Ben McKenzie also played a terrific straight man to Brody’s high character. The way he delivered his lines, the small looks on his face, and the pure exasperation that he exuded were completely believe. How difficult it must be to live with Seth. And I checked my bookshelf, and sadly, I don’t have the Encyclopedia Brown book that Seth mentioned. Was it a real one?

From a future druggie to a drug dealer, I have to say that I really like Kaitlin Cooper in spite of the misleading promos. There is still time, I suppose, for Kaitlin to turn into a Valerie Malone bitch, but I highly doubt she will in such a short time, and I think that’s for the best. The previews made her look completely one-dimensional, but she’s far from it. In fact, she’s a very complex character. Just like with Seth, you can easily relate to her. She’s been completely scorned by her family. Julie, someone who incorrectly claims to be such a terrific family woman, just forgets her birthday. I suppose that’s better than forgetting to invite Kaitlin to Chrismukkah the last several years, but still, it’s not good. So Kaitlin’s decision to play devil’s advocate, as opposed to the devil, is perfectly in character. She has every right to be angry. She has every right to be upset. She mentioned that it was difficult to be Marissa’s sister. I’d imagine it is too since Marissa gets everything given to her while Kaitlin can’t get any attention. And the fact that she’s back to get a bit of revenge on Marissa allows her to be the voice of reason in a group of characters that has otherwise lacked reason lately. I think it’s pretty obvious that Ryan knows there’s something up between Johnny and Marissa, but it’s even more obvious that he’s not willing to face it. And since no one was willing to bring it up, he could safely place it behind him. Now, he can’t. The previews show that he’s mad at Marissa, and hopefully this will signal the end of their relationship. I know I clamored for the relationships to stay steady, but when this is the storyline we get, I don’t want it. I won’t discuss Johnny any further this week because everyone knows how I feel about him, though I have to say that when he called Kaitlin instead of Marissa and Marissa looked like she was passing a kidney stone in response, I really laughed. It’s about time she realized people don’t all love her.

And while Marissa’s realization that people don’t always love her is funny and welcomed, it’s far less welcomed to see the same thing happen to Julie. Of course, it’s not bad in the storyline because it’s clear that neither she nor Neil would actually be capable of keeping a relationship right now. It doesn’t undermine what came before it, and I don’t believe that it’ll undermine what, if anything, comes later. It’s just a natural progression. It’s clear that Julie has never been able to get her feet under her after her first divorce. She’s always relied on others to help her, and she really hasn’t faced any of the problems that she needs to face. She’s not a complete person, honestly. Terrific, yes, but complete, no. That too is very reasonable. And Kaitlin’s return really puts that in perspective. Julie seemed fascinated with prospect of starting a new life and a new family with Neil, but she hasn’t even fixed the problems in her current family. You can’t move forward on a shaky foundation. It just doesn’t work at all. It’ll collapse. So again, Kaitlin plays the voice of reason, a perfect role for her character. I felt the key was a wonderful symbol in this episode. It stood for opportunity, for hope, and for a new beginning. When Neil told Julie to leave it in the house, she looked absolutely crushed, and I was too. It wasn’t an overt breakup, but it was obvious what he was saying. I believe that their relationship still has unbelievable potential and that the writers see this, so I’m hoping to God that they continue to pursue and continue to pursue it slowly with both characters attempting to figure themselves out before they figure each other out. If this works, then I’ll forgive everyone for Jimmy’s departure and the poor way it was handled twice. The show definitely needs another consistent adult figure, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be Neil Roberts. He is absolutely terrific in this role.

Speaking of adults, wasn’t it just unbelievably wonderful to see Sandy have a storyline that was all his own? For once, he wasn’t sitting around and solving the kids’ problems, throwing around a few clichés disguised as fatherly advice. There was no ridiculous moral spiel like at Marissa’s hearing. This was Sandy acting as a human. Sandy flirting with moral corruption was the storyline that was screaming at the writers when they decided to put Sandy in charge of the Newport Group. Why it has taken so long for them to pull the trigger is beyond me, but I’m glad they finally did it. I believe that we all had some sort of idealized vision of Sandy coming out the first season. Truthfully, was there a more perfect dad on television or even in reality? I love my dad and all, and many of you love your dads, but Sandy seemed to even eclipse them at times. He knew what to say, he was never overbearing, he was goofy, and most importantly, he was fatherly. It all added up perfectly. His scene with Seth about sex still ranks as one of the most perfect scenes ever on the show, mixing love, awkwardness, and realism. But no one’s perfect. The writers attempted to show us this with the Rebecca storyline last season, but that failed ultimately because it made the mistake of messing with family and doing so irrationally by having Sandy completely disregard his wife’s feelings. It was just too much for fans to handle because we knew Sandy was such a loving and aware husband. And the storyline played for too long. It often made Sandy look like a bumbling idiot instead of a caring ex-boyfriend. That was certainly not the writers’ intention, but it’s what happened because the writers were careless. This storyline, about the business, is somewhat reminiscent in the fact that what we know about Sandy is being tested. He has always done the right thing, or, at least, most of the time. And now, in a way, he’s doing the right thing. He wants to build a hospital to help people. That’s pretty cool, huh? But he’s doing it the wrong way. His ethics are skewed, but his intentions are good. This raises a very interesting question: if the other bidder was going to build a hospital, should Sandy have just let it go? After all, the same thing would have happened, right? Now, it’s not quite that simple since the Newport Group needs the business to make money. But if that’s what Sandy’s intention is, then is he after creating a hospital or is he after money? And if he’s after money, does that mean that greed is getting the better of him? He’s obviously aware of the fact that he’s doing something wrong, and he’s obviously not okay with it, but he doesn’t necessarily have the strength, at the moment, to turn it down. I have no doubt that somehow Sandy’s chivalrous side will prevail because that’s what happens for Sandy, but for now, it’s extremely interesting. And the line that absolutely sold this story, the one that was such a huge slap in the face: “Caleb would be proud.” Ouch, Sanford. Ouch. It’s also nice to see business enter back into the story because it helps us remember that these adults are adults, and there problems extend far beyond Marissa Cooper’s latest trial and tribulation.

Random Thoughts…

If it’s true that Kelly Rowan is filming a movie, she needs to end quickly. I’m sick of seeing her relegated to little more than useless. Since when can she cook, by the way? I thought she was trying, but I didn’t know that she was so good that Julie would use her for that purpose.

Kaitlin in a swimsuit is seriously jailbait.

How cute was Summer’s angry face? She had a small role in the episode but a nice one. I like her spiel about ending up with the wrong life. Not that she couldn’t just transfer to her life, but it’s a nice moral lesson in an episode that was mostly about amoral actions.

People say that Mischa’s acting ability seems to have improved. I say that her, “NO!” in the kitchen was proof enough that it hasn’t.

Next week’s previews look absolutely unbelievable. If Johnny falls, and I do believe that he will since this storyline bombed from the beginning and the writers can’t be stupid enough not to realize it, then the world will be great. Remember that suicide is never good unless you’re a dipshit surfer with no emotional range and the brains to rob a gas station to pay for a surgery. How great will it be if he falls to his death? And how great will it be if Ryan pushes him? Oh man, that’d be fantastic. Not so fantastic was that I told a friend how much I wanted Johnny to kill himself before remembering she had a family member commit suicide not long ago. Watch what you say, people. Think before you speak.

John Stephens, someone who I don’t remember being that great of a writer, churned out a terrific script this week. I heard he was part of something huge on Gilmore Girls once, so at least he has credentials. He hasn’t impressed me until now. This was genuinely wonderful to listen to. And the actors were so much more inspired with a good script.

And so yeah, that’s going to do it. This actually was shorter in the past, but I believe that I said more than I have recently. Far less sarcasm and far more analysis, but really, you can think the writers for that, not me. Just a terrific effort from a team that looked as if they were burned out. Whether or not the show can keep this pace up is debatable, but as it stands, this was the best episode the season. They did everything write.

-Drew
    Question, comments, but no spoilers?
    dukedevils9192@gmail.com
  • Brilliance!

The show is slowly comming back! This was an awesomee episode. Yes this season has had little Ryan, as had this episode, but hey, it was brilliance! Seth smoking pot was so in character, and Kaitlen was so cool, in pissing marissa off. Julie was brilliant, althought clueless but hey, when has she ever been in tune with her childrens' needs? More Kandy next time Josh. Other wise, an A episode!
  • Welcome back to California, the O.C. reaches a new low, while still being wonderfully entertaining!

After not watching O.C for an entire three episodes, I was almost disappointed when I finally had the chance to see its comeback. Okay, admittedly, this is kinda what got me hooked on the show in the first place, but still--it was utterly depressing!

I absolutely hated how Julie could be so clueless about the lives of both of her teenage daughters! As usual, she was off in her own little world, this time scheming about getting her family out of the trailerpark, while her daughters struggled with countless issues. It made mad that Julie didn't even seem to care that Kaitlin was going out with Johnny, or that she was being the pot-stirer.

Unfortunately, the worst by far was seeing Seth give in to peer-pressure and smoke pot. And, he missed his interview with Brown!! However, aside from being really depressing, this episode was at least well-written.
  • This show used to be good but now its turning into to crap.

I used to like the o.c. but now its just getting dumb. I thought that having Caltin come back would bring in more drama but it the same old same old. It used to be my favorite show but now its getting hard to even make myself watch it. Seth and Summer are the only thing on the show worth watching for and now even they are getting boring. Oh well at least i can still look forward to One Tree Hill.
  • WOW!!! now u see why the world watches this show!!

I loved this episode it was so awesome!!!! I cant belive Kaitlyn did that to Marissa!!! and johnny let her!! like oh my gosh!!!!and Seth! wow that was something i wasnt expecting!!! i mean pot! wow!! This was a totally awesome episode!! i cant wait for next weeks episode!!

tata
  • The O.C. is back!!

This last episode was one of the best! i mean, jonhy and Katelin, seth and summer, and specialy Dr roberts and julie cooper nichol? the best! i love julie cooper and i whish for her to be together with Dr roberts! Also i think that the show need more Sandy & Kirsten action, love and romance! it seens that Kirten is now in second place! Botton line the O.C. is caming back to its original fun for the entire family!

The O.C. is finnaly BACK!!!
  • Seth smokes pot... Kaitlin turns 15 and seduces Johnny... Brown interviews for Summer and Seth... Easily one of the best episodes of season 2.

The first time i saw the preview I was like nooo... Seth wouldn't do that (smoke the pot) but yeah, he's turned into a bad boy but he's only smoking it because of his feelings on leaving Newport.

Kaitlin was again the highlight of this episode. Seducing Johnny was her act to make her sister jealous which was right and I loved her lines about Marissa and Ryan being soulmates and it still doesn't mean that she doesn't like Johnny.

Julie was good also in this episode- she forgot her own daughter's birthday! Sandy was OK... his plotlines are getting more interesting.. Kirsten didn't have anything to do... and Taylor wasn't in it at all!

I cant wait till next week when Summer finds out about Seth not taking the interview and the death!

Overall, ths episode was awesome because of Kaitlin- I hope she sticks around!

Episode Grade- A.
  • Kaitlin's starting to "stir" up some trouble, dealing pot to seth (get it ahhahaha), tries to make Merissa jealous by dealing with Johnny boy and Dr. Roberts and Julie throw a party for Kaitlin at the Roberts' house. Oh and Sandy breaks his morals to make

6.7
    The O.C. lost direction after Ryan got assimilated into high society.. i dont' think they planned this show to go on for longer than the first season. The only thing good about this episode is that there is finally some dare i say it .. scandal going on, something that makes me actually give a damn since Merissa got kicked outta Harbour (o they could have gone so many places with that.. but decided to play it safe so that the show doesn't get too off track) However to set it all up they've done some of the stupidest things this show has yet witnessed.. and theres been a lot of stupid things (what's that? so Ryan and Merissa HASN'T done it yet???!!! wtf.. and... since when did the bait shop start selling "safe sex on the beach").

Firstly.. Seth takes stress advice from Kaitlin.. who by the way is 14.. to do weed.... wait.. WHAT?

*sigh moving on

Sandy takes some dude out to make a business deal... finds that the public interest approach isn't working and highers a few strippers... goes home.. has a dilemma so contemplate.. totally understandable.. but doesn't tell Kirsten... he LIES omfg!! .. listen.. oc producers.. PEOPLE LIE.. GREAT.. unfortunately for you its not one of those things you can do again and again and people still cheer. Seriously its like the 900th time they've played that suspensful music that they play when someone is hiding something.. wooptie doo. On the other hand.. Ryan punching people never gets old.. it looks like Ryan's gonna kick Johnny's ass next episode... finally :D.

While we're on repetitive things.. another person is trying to get between Ryan and Merissa's marriage.. i mean relationship.. after they spent this entire season establishing trust, bonding and all that other good stuff between Ryrissa.. it turns out that Merissa does actually like Johnny and is jealous of her lil sis for getting Johnny. Ryan suspects that Merissa likes Johnny too and turns her away... OK OK... OK... dude.. you guys gotta fire your writers, get new blood in.. cause this is just retarded.. i feel like i'm watching the same really long episode over and over again.

• this episode was the cliffhanger one more like it. a pile of crap.

4.5
    this episode was so disappointing, why do they always have to throw a wrench in the whole thing (a.k.a.Kaitlin) just when it starts to get going good. I say this whole thing where the episode ends in bad suspense just so the viewers come back and watch next weeks episode is getting really old. Why not approach the old viewers instead of trying to gain new ones!!!
  • Seth! What have you done!?!?!?!?

Oh My God! I didn\'t know it was possible for a character to ruin their life in one episode, but Seth just proved it was possible. I thought this was a sad episode because, just last episode everything was happy (at the beginning) and now everything is going awful! Ok, first of all Dr. Roberts and Julie broke it off and I thought those to were cute together, for being older! Plus, Seth smoked pot he bummed of Kaitlyn, missed his Brown interview, then. lied about it to Summer so now he can\'t go to school with her. Marissa was a b**** and I just know she\'s gonna end up breaking Ryan\'s heart ; ( And, then Seth smoked pot again! Very dramatic and effective ending. DIE KAITLYN COOPER, DIE!!!

What do you think: Will every thing be solved in the \"Last Five Minutes?\"

I just hope Seth can get back on track (He\'s totally my favorite character....or was!)

My Prediction:

Seth ends up going to Providence, where Summer was first gonna go, and Summer goes to Brown.
  • they gotta work on minor details aka kaitlin's age

how could kaitlin be turning 15? if u recall in season 1, seth said she was cool for a 5th-grader. that was the summer between sophomore and junior yr. now it\'s senior yr. so in reality, kaitlin would be in 7th-grade max, assuming she was between 5th and 6th then. that would make her 12 or 13, not turning 15.
  • Seth starts to smoke pot. That isn't interesting, but the reason why is important. I really think it’s important he questions everything he wants. Otherwise this episode was boring and sadly Sandy is loosing himself in the business.

This episode might change a lot in Newport Beach. Not the fact that Seth started smoking pot, the fact that he questions his dreams for the first time since he’s with Summer. She was ready to give up her dream for collage just to be with him. But Seth’s dream was created somewhere back when he wasn’t with Summer. Back then he was the lonely intellectual guy. But know? Everything has changed but he still fallows the dream from this old days. I don’t know, but they both might be better of somewhere else. I’m just not so sure about their future.
    Marissa bored me like always and this time Ryan was not on his helping mission. Finally some changes there.
    Kaitlin hooks up with Johnny. I was so bored!! I only ask myself WHY!?!
    Julie and Summer’s dad finally don’t hook up, at least for now. Just think about the fact with whom she would be related too. Just grouse!
    Kirsten is getting in the background more and more. I don’t like that. I liked it, when she earned the money and Sandy was just the good guy. Speaking of Sandy: He starts to loose his soul to the business. It will destroy him.
    But after all: Nothing really happened! Man was I lucky that I recorded it, so I could forward from time to time!
    The only good thing happening in this episode was Seth thinking about his future. I think that this is the only realistic and well thought aspect of this episode. I so hope they go on with it carefully. Otherwise they destroy the last bit of confidence this show has left.
  • "Pot Stirrer" is a good title, as this is exactly what Caitlin's character is turning out to be--thank goodness! Plus, Seth rationalizes that maybe being a Newpsie isn't so bad....

Caitlin was definitely added to stir things up in Newport. And the stirring was much needed. It's a great use of history to bring her back...she blends in easily and has ties to all the main characters. Yes, she's extremely screwed up, but who wouldn't be with Julie Cooper as a mom? And yes, the writers "aged" her a bit, but that's a common practice on soaps (sorry folks, but that's what this is). Marissa needs to slap herself awake though--she reacts to everything in slow motion. And although I used to love her & Ryan together, I'm starting to think they both need someone new. Their relationship is BORING...they never even touch each other any more. As for Summer & Seth, I still love them! Yes, Seth's pot smoking was a bit uncharacteristic, but trust me, that's typical for a teenager. Sometimes they do completly random things so they don't have to deal with the real world. And let's face it, the PTB had to put a wrench in the plan of going to Brown (east coast), because you just can't have the OC without Seth Cohen.
  • the sister is so hot , there's no review, i don't even watch this show.

o wow the sister is soooooo hot. i love her. until i found out shes like 14, now i feel like i'm a bad person, what do i do about this. i don't know but i'm only 18 so it's not so bad right. right. it's kind of weird realizing that your supposedly the same age as the people on shows like these. it makes me feel old. i dunno but my high school wasn't full of girls like that. i'm moving to california. orange county has a comparable music scene to new jersey hardcore and punk so i'm down with that idea.
  • OOOOOHHH. Seth does pot.

I didn't see the last 10 minutes of the show so I didn't see how they resolved the birthday issue, but that didn't really matter cause SETH DOES POT.

Is there a chance he can get into the same college with Summer now?

I don't know put this episode definitely made me gauranteed to watch the next episode.
  • Kaitlin Cooper starts going out with Johnny with the sole motive of making Marissa jealous. Dr. Roberts offers Julie his house for celebrating Kaitlin's birthday bash. Sandy gets a hospital contract though not exactly by the means he would have liked. Set

Well its official !! Kaitlin Cooper is a jerk and is just here to make trouble. There was nothing new in this episode and all the sequence could be predicted in the previous episode itself. Seth getting nostalgic about his stay in Newport Beach has highly unrealistic. How could a man who was so looking forward to this could suddenly develop cold feet and start smoking pot. And since when did age start becoming an issue to have a relationship. I also couldnt that how Kaitlin Cooper suudenly grew up to be so old because in season 1 she was just a baby in front of Marissa and now these guys are telling us that their age difference is only 3 years. what a farce !!!
  • Kaitlin Cooper continues to ruffle feathers at Newport.

Interesting episode where we find out more about the new character brought into the show, Kaitlin Cooper.

We find out that in addition to stealing money from frat boys (which she claimed was just to be able to pay her way back to Newport), she also smokes pot, and is out to damage her sister. But there are glimpses when she does not appear all bad. She seems genuinely hurt when her mother forgets her birthday, and genuinely threatened by her sister - almost an inferiority complex. You almost feel sorry for her at these times. The episode is spun well when it comes to portraying her character, because she seems to have legitimate grievances which she deals with in mostly illegitimate ways. This, especially, when it comes to her "relationship" with Johnny. She is clearly deriving great pleasure out of it by making Marissa uncomfortable. But it is hard to say yet whether she has any real feelings for him or not. As of now, it does not look like she does. She seems to be using him simply to hurt Marissa.

But it doesn't stop there. She is not just trying to hurt Marissa by appearing to "steal" Johnny, but also by ruining Marissa's relationship with Ryan. This is where she really crosses the line. Sibling rivalry does often manifest in frictional situations, and using Johny should not be too harmful...after all, Marissa is not really supposed to have feelings for Johnny, and even if Kaitlin is using him, it would possibly help Johnny get over Marissa. Moreover, Johnny hasn't exactly been the greatest friend to Marissa, so it's hard to feel sorry for him.

Ryan, on the other hand, is a whole other deal. The scene with Ryan and Kaitlin is a very good one, because both of them very much show their character. Ryan: honest, straightforward, and most importantly, smart. He does not fall for the tangled web of jealousy Kaitlin is trying to lure him into. Kaitlin: superficially slick and evil. And then, when Ryan calls her on her bluff, you can clearly see her getting defensive. This scene is directed beautifully.

Other than this mainstream drama with Marissa, Ryan, Johnny and now Kaitlin, a twist is introduced into Seth's life, which I think is a lame attempt at adding drama to the show because it is utterly uncharacteristic of the Seth Cohen we know to ever do a thing like smoke pot. Recent episodes have been trying to show an intellectual shift in Summer's character, which is fine. However, the opposite shift in Seth's character is a little out of the blue. He has wanted to get out of Newport for so long. While getting cold feet before any major change is understandable, especially when life is so good in the present, Seth Cohen doing something like trying marijuana is totally uncalled for. Not just that, but he actually skips his interview with Brown. Again, cold feet is one thing...so going in and fumbling his interview a little might be reasonable, but completely skipping it? And then lying, not just to Summer but also to Ryan! And Seth never lies to Ryan. We know this.

All in all, an episode that leaves much to the imagination about what's going to happen in coming episodes.
  • they've done it again, two weeks in a row, i'm very impressed.

not only did this episode live up to last weeks, it was even better. something was revealed in almost every character. marissa is still a horrible girlfriend. i hope ryan will wise up and break up with her. seth smoking pot was just about the funniest thing i've ever seen, but it was great plot and probably the most dramatic thing to happen in this episode. sandy inked his first big deal with the newport group, but kirstin just continues to play wife. if theres one thing i'd like to see, it's her story taken in further. johnny is in a pretty crappy situation. kaitlyn cooper is hot. damn, now i have to wait a whole week to see next weeks episode.

if you don't know what happens to johnny, go on any spoiler site in the world to find out.
  • Drama Drama Drama of the OC! Look what little Caitlyn Cooper is up to!

Just when you think that the OC has covered it all...life gets a little more tricky for the foursome of the OC.

Summer is getting extremely excited about Brown but Brown in a sense with Cohen, who might have just blown his future.

Seth is freaking out. For once in his life, he doesn't want to escape from Newport. He realized that he doesn't want to leave his home that within the past 2 years everything has changed. So, what does Cohen do? With help from Little Coop he gets high right before his interview with Brown and blows off the meeting. Ryan caught him and tried his best to get Cohen to the meeting but when Ryan leaves him, Cohen ditches out. He then ends the episode smoking again.

Ryan is looking better and better everytime. He's becoming more patient and polite every episode. But how much is he going to put up with because Caitlyn Cooper is messing with EVERYONE...including Chino.

Marissia is trying her best to be a good big sister but Caitlyn just isn't letting her do it. After having Caitlyn show up at a teen club with Johnny, Marissia is really letting Caitlyn push her buttons. Finally some Sibling fighting that the show has been lacking.

Little Coop is twisting things for her. Granted, I felt sorry for her when Julia forgot about her birthday but I think she's just going too far. Making Marissia jealous with Johnny and twisting the knife with Ryan...selling Seth the pot and making out in Summer's room. And she's just an angel to the adults.

I felt horrible for Julia and Sandy this episode. Julia and Dr. Roberts are rethinking their relationship (Julia obviously is thinking Wedding Bells with an actually decent man) and Sandy does things his assistant's way instead of his own and totally regrets it.

Surprising turns with the OC...I wonder what they have left in store for us because they are packing the drama drama drama!