The O.C.

The Safe Harbor

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 12, 2006 on FOX

• Marissa’s back at Harbour school, but the way how they did it is just silly! Otherwise the episode has some nice aspects.

6.8
    This episode is somehow typical fort he third season. There are nice ideas but the realization is far behind that. So what do we have in this episode: Summer’s dad is more and more a stable guest in the show, maybe as some kind of replacement for Caleb (in several ways: as male supporting role and Julie’s husband (?)). Taylor is getting part of the “gang”, but I don’t think that will last, because she will try to hook up with Seth again. But somehow I start to like her!
    Johnny finally lets Marissa go, even he has to lie to her.
    That are all very well written parts pf the story and I enjoyed it.
    But now let’s take a look at the major storyline in this season (the one I didn’t like so much!):
    Summer is missing her long time friend Marissa in their school, so she convinces Seth and Ryan to bring her back. They do everything and they succeed. So why is that bad? Let’s think back how Marissa had to leave the school and that there’s no realistic way to bring her back, but now almost everyone supports her, back a couple of episodes ago, everyone was so happy to see the angel fall! So why does everyone change their mind? There’s no real explanation for that! The realization was just stupid and destroyed an otherwise nice episode.
    I have another question open: The big announcement of Marissa’s sister, I read it and there was also a trailer – so where’s she?