The O.C.

The Shape of Things to Come

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 15, 2005 on FOX

• I loved this episode!

The title says it perfectly: this episode shapes up many things to come--both in the near future and all season.

We have newpsie-in-training Taylor Townsend (waspy mcwasp) who is set on taking over Marissa's place as social chair, and has seemed to have made a new friend in the new dean of discipline Dean Hess, who also happens to have an inherent dislike for Marissa and Ryan. It all begs the question: "So is it good?...you know...the sex?"

Creepy Kirsten-stalker Charlotte gets even creepier, influencing Kirsten to stay with her and not go home, making Sandy suspicious. And in a classic turn of events, Jimmy is trying to marry Julie for whaqt he hopes will be her money, but I have a strange feeling they're both about to be hugely disappointed. Just like I have a feeling that Charlotte is about to be disappointed when she can't get her grubby little paws on the newport group.

But anyway, this was such a fun, exciting episode, and i TOTALLY did not see the ending coming....WOW. haha. the music this season has been incredible as well! I'm really enjoying that aspect of the show too.

Finally, the music and cinematography said it all at the end of the episode, as a new slow version "california" is reprised and the camera frames Ryan and Marissa on the outside of the fence, as everyone watches. Classic.